Hockey Trivia

BTH

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOHOO

Other than Roy, who won the last Conn Smythe (playoff MVP) trophy from the Habs?

Okay it was either Larry Robinson or Bob Gainey. They both won but I don't remember the order.

I'm going to guess it was Gainey for obvious reasons.

Okay a three parter. I have been seeing people predict Komisarek's first goal for quite a while in the game threads. So here is a question dedicated to his first goal whenever it comes. The first is easy the other 2 harder. Guess and I'll give some hints.

1. Who holds the record for most games without ever scoring a goal (and how many games)?

2. What is the record for consecutive games by a non-goalie without a goal?

3. What is the record for games played at the beginning of a career by a non-goalie without a goal?

Is Mattias Norstrom up there?

I don't really know. He scored sometime between his 18th and 43rd career game. He has had a couple of seasons with 0 goals but not consecutively. So i don't know how many consecutive he's gone without scoring. He might be close to the record but he doesn't hold it. Seems like you made a very good guess though.

I don't really know. He scored sometime between his 18th and 43rd career game. He has had a couple of seasons with 0 goals but not consecutively. So i don't know how many consecutive he's gone without scoring. He might be close to the record but he doesn't hold it. Seems like you made a very good guess though.

I know that he's got one of the lowest goals-per-game percentages in NHL history. He has something like 9 goals in his very long career.

I know that he's got one of the lowest goals-per-game percentages in NHL history. He has something like 9 goals in his very long career.

Okay Norstrom has 13 goals in 770 games (so far).

The answer to part 2 is a player with 14 goals in 747 games. He retired a few years ago not long after breaking his goaless streak.

The answer to part 3 is a player with 0 goals in his recently completed career.

Gordie Dwyer never scored-108 games and one knockout- as for futility ratios Brad Brown had 2 goals in over 300 games

Brad Brown had 2 goals in 341 games but he isn't the answer.

Gordie Dwyer:108 games 0 goals 5 assists. Not the right answer either. In fact Mike Komisarek (117 games right now) has already got Gordie beat. But Dwyer's 0.046 pts per game is the lowest of any skater I've seen (that played a reasonable number of games).

Okay Norstrom has 13 goals in 770 games (so far).

The answer to part 2 is a player with 14 goals in 747 games. He retired a few years ago not long after breaking his goaless streak.

The answer to part 3 is a player with 0 goals in his recently completed career.

Brad Marsh has 23 goals in 1086 games. Never scored more than 3 goals in a season. That's slightly worse than the guy we're looking for.

I thought it'd be Ken Daneyko. He didnt score a single goal from 99 to 03 and he retired in 04 after scoring 2 goals that season. But he has 36 goals in something like 1200 games.

This one's a toughie!

Brad Marsh has 23 goals in 1086 games. Never scored more than 3 goals in a season. That's slightly worse than the guy we're looking for.

I thought it'd be Ken Daneyko. He didnt score a single goal from 99 to 03 and he retired in 04 after scoring 2 goals that season. But he has 36 goals in something like 1200 games.

This one's a toughie!

Unfortunately (for Kozed) Daneyko scored a goal in the 2000 playoffs. Otherwise I am pretty sure he would have the record. Actually Daneyko once scored 4 assists in a playoff game (88 Division final against Washington).

what about darren langdon ??

I kwon he scored in the playoffs...but i don't remember a regular season goal

Langdon isn't really in the same class as these other guys. He's had too many healthy scratches to pile up the big numbers of goaless games. And as M and K says, he broke a streak by scoring for us against the Bruins in the 04 playoffs. He's started a new streak but doesn't get in enough games.

Time for some hints.

The answer to #2 (longest goaless streak) played for 5 NHL teams between 87 and 99.

He was a defenceman. :P

The answer to number #3 (most games at the beginning of a career without a goal) was traded (with a draft pick) to St. Louis once for an ex-habs defenceman who still plays.

Edited by Peter Puck

I've got to go play soccer now (the weather is beautiful here in downtown Kingston).

I'll be back in a couple of hours. The hints should provide enough info to know if you're guess is right even if they may be too cryptic to give you the answer.

The answer to number #3 (most games at the beginning of a career without a goal) was traded (with a draft pick) to St. Louis once for an ex-hab defenceman who still plays.

Steve Halko. 155 games in the NHL without a goal. Traded with by Carolina with a 4th rounder to St-Louis for Sean Hill (ex Habs defenseman who still plays).

Edited by KoZed

The answer to number #3 (most games at the beginning of a career without a goal) was traded (with a draft pick) to St. Louis once for an ex-habs defenceman who still plays.

Steve Halko. 155 games in the NHL without a goal. Traded with by Carolina with a 4th rounder to St-Louis for Sean Hill (ex Habs defenseman who still plays).

YES! KoZed got it. Steve Halko played his career with Carolina on and off between 97-98 and 02-03. He was traded to St. Louis and after they released him resigned by the Hurricanes.

He played 159 games and scored 0 goals and 15 assists in his career. That makes 0.094 pts/game

Dec 5 2001

St. Louis Blues: Acquired defenseman Steve Halko and a fourth-round selection in the 2002 NHL draft from the Carolina Hurricanes for defenseman Sean Hill.

Mike Komisarek before tonight's game has played 117 games with 0 goals and 6 assists yielding 0.051 pts/game. If the Habs make it to the third round of the playoffs Mike has a chance to pass Halko's record this very season. I'm hoping he scores his first before the season ends.

Edited by Peter Puck

Mike Komisarek before tonight's game has played 117 games with 0 goals and 8 assists yielding 0.068 pts/game. If the Habs make it to the third round of the playoffs Mike has a chance to pass Halko's record. I'm hoping he scores his first before the season ends.

Its surprising that K-Rex haven't scored yet. He has a very good shot, especially his wrist shot. Its hard, heavy, accurate and he releases it with ease.