Will There Be A Trade?

MAK

A left winger are you serious.

Habs need a right winger, and even more important a right handed centre.

Hey Im right handed!!! Oh wait I tried out already and got kicked out!

Its a tough one If by the trade deadline were in the top 8 then i would even agree with picking up a Second Centre forward But he has to be a potential First line Centre But Offensively speaking! I Agree Plek is a Second line Centre

So for the 267529th time a 1st DMAN and a Top Centre to replace Ribs 'Dont care if he's right or lefty and let these Two Second Lines fight it out for supremacy! I'm all for these Two Fast skating Two/way Mini Power Trios!

So for the 267529th time a 1st DMAN and a Top Centre to replace Ribs

Who do we trade for your 1st D-Man and top Center??? Ribs?? sorry but thats not gonna cut it... Ribs might get us a 3rd liner but not much more... who do we trade? Perezhogin, K-rex and Plek and lose our future? or we get rid of the few vets/good players we actually have now that have any kind of value (Rivet, Markov, Begin, Ryder, Kovy) There are 29 other teams out there who dont want our trash (Bonk, Ribs, Streit, Dagenais) anymore than we do... and as of right now, we have VERY few players with any value that we can safely ship out without questions being asked...

Ok the hawks scout was in the booth again for the 4th or 5th game- Time to ask who would be a good acquisition from the Hawks- the 4 players Im thinking of are Tyler Arnason, Mark Bell, Matthew Barnaby, and Kyle Calder- On the other hand the Canucks scout was there too, Theo to Canucks for, or Souray to canucks for??? the Sedin twins?

Edited by Strummerman

Maybe we can trade Zednik, cause he sucks

he sucks... but thats EXACTLY why he wont be traded for anything good... we are not gonna get Zed for Bertuzzi if thats what you were thinking...

Zed is worth more then a 5th rounder.

I believe Bob might hold on to him if the Habs remain in the playoff hunt. Zed has proven he can step it up in the playoffs, which in my opinion is the only time it matters. Getting to the playoffs is fine and dandy but every successful team has players who explode in the playoffs.

Would it not be great to see Zed stay with his habs have some rough times then average 2 points a game in the playoffs. Although I would hope he could turn it around now and start to score ASAP he may need more time to adjust to the 3rd line and his new line mates.

Zed is worth more then a 5th rounder.

I believe Bob might hold on to him if the Habs remain in the playoff hunt. Zed has proven he can step it up in the playoffs, which in my opinion is the only time it matters. Getting to the playoffs is fine and dandy but every successful team has players who explode in the playoffs.

Would it not be great to see Zed stay with his habs have some rough times then average 2 points a game in the playoffs. Although I would hope he could turn it around now and start to score ASAP he may need more time to adjust to the 3rd line and his new line mates.

Zednik may be playoff material...but since we're not sitting pretty for a playoff position and are in a dogfight for the final 2 playoff spots....I think its time for a change! Second of all....We need someone who can get us up to 6th place in the eastern conference....Our season is OVER if we finish 8th or 7th...We'll be playing either Ottawa (who will have Havlat and Bochenski back by then), Carolina...who clearly has our number this season, and/or Buffalo...who we always have close 1 goal battles with!...Therefore. I rest my case that the Habs need to push harder and get some real firepower so those overtime wins and close 1 goal decisions turn into non-existing overtime wins and simply wins by large margins! The waiting game is over Bob, pull the trigger or let someone else pull it for you!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of

Zed for a 5th rounder but at this point that may be optimistic

Zed still has a reputation as a player who does better in the playoffs. Many teams will pay more than a 5th rounder to get that kind of insurance especially those who wait till the deadline.

Zed wont be dealt unless BoB feels the season is lost or we get good value in return or both

still his stats don't match his salary. trade zednik would open some cap space

AMEN TO THAT

Im probably transferring to Concordia University next year and playing Varsity hockey...I'd be more then happy to get La Presse and the Gazette's attention on me =).....so if Zedniks still kicking around if i ever do in fact make the big leagues...I'll be more then happy to fulfill his spot which should be somebody else's as it is!

And with regards to who will pull the trigger...Maybe Gainey owns a trigerless gun? So when he goes to pull...nothing works! LOL

Oh well...Whos going to be the hero tonight in Buffalo!

My prediction...Habs 3 Buffalo 1

Goals for habs coming from Perezhogin, Markov, Ryder/ or Kovalev

GO :hlogo: GO!!!!

i really dont want to make a new thread for this, so I'm posting here:

from cbs sportsline:

"[the habs] may be willing to take a chance on Minnesota RW Alexandre Daigle."

???

Daigle isn't so horrible. He's underrated because he was a bust and was hyped and chosen as a 1st overall draft choice. In reality, he's a decent player. Just like Patrik Stefan who was chosen 1st overall. Okay, he's not a superstar but he's still a good player.

it would be in the worst place for him. he's doing good because of Lemaire and tremblay

If Lemaire is looking to deal him then lookout...theres something wrong with him. Why bother taking a chance on a guy who quit hockey once, and then decided to come back? He had a decent year before the lockout, and has lost the work ethic this year, hence why Lemaire is looking to get rid of him. He's a bum....