Olympic Hockey Hypocrites?

Dalhabs

i believe the refs are chosen by lottery. In an earlier canada game, the ref was from the other country. Also, I believe in the Suisse game there was a ref who had gotten into a personal fight with Rick Nash at an earlier tournament.

Speaking of being hypocritical..................Swedish hockey coach hints at tanking

The olympics are suppose to be about fair play, doing your best etc........................

That was a silly thing... if they dont find their game tonight it wont matter who they face... they will lose anyway. They stunk it up totally against the russians and they need to give their all tonight and try to find their game before the playoffs...

The problem with "tanking" a game is what happens next game? Can they get their game back to the level they were playing before easing off?

wait a second one thing is to say so and the other to do so! and PLUS! it could also have been taken out of context by the reporter(s) Everyone knows that Canada is a super Power in Hockey... of course it's something to ponder at! but lets not blow it up more than it should!

I would be more worried about not making it to the Finals and more importantly if the Streit and the Gang make it to the finals... Then for the 2010 season... Face yourselves (HAbs wise) to the yucky feeling that Pro Soccer fans have become used too! can anyone guess?

wait a second one thing is to say so and the other to do so! and PLUS! it could also have been taken out of context by the reporter(s) Everyone knows that Canada is a super Power in Hockey... of course it's something to ponder at! but lets not blow it up more than it should!

I would be more worried about not making it to the Finals and more importantly if the Streit and the Gang make it to the finals... Then for the 2010 season... Face yourselves (HAbs wise) to the yucky feeling that Pro Soccer fans have become used too! can anyone guess?

WAIT A SEC I just read http://tsn.ca/olympics/news_story/?ID=155668&hubname=

They are doing more than just thinking they really are debating about it could it be a tactical move of deception from their part?

A Fine even could be given!...

...I dont mean anything disrespectfull with this But I must comment that memories of the last European Soccer Qualification game which had Sweden and the Danes putting out a Shady Tie which eliminated the Italians and qualified the two Scandinavian teams comes to mind! My Danish And Swedish Friends always tease me about that one!

Just started watching the Canada - Czech Republic game and guess where the refs from.. CANADA!

From now on I want a swedish ref for all the games featuring sweden.

I will agree with you here a fair amount of Penalties should have been given . to both teams but several lesser one were not given to the Canadian team! the one on MAlik for example!

Edited by CoRvInA

To be honest... Sweden cant be this bad... they ARE tanking this game and Im ashamed to see it. The women team played with more spark and heart than this. The swedish women team have more bodychecks than this team. I hope they kick team sweden out of the olympics because I dont want to see another Belarus.

3rd period still to be played... If they dont show heart in that one and at least try to win I only say HYVÄÄ SUOMI!!!

To be honest... Sweden cant be this bad... they ARE tanking this game and Im ashamed to see it. The women team played with more spark and heart than this. The swedish women team have more bodychecks than this team. I hope they kick team sweden out of the olympics because I dont want to see another Belarus.

3rd period still to be played... If they dont show heart in that one and at least try to win I only say HYVÄÄ SUOMI!!!

Hehe Finland With the HAbs Future Lines!!! GOOO!!!

And they did!!!! That was awful. They should be ashamed to be swedes. Go back to northamerica so we dont have to see you anymore. And take Bengt-Åke Gustafsson with you and make him a McDonalds employee. As I said... HYVÄÄ SUOMI!!! (Happy that my father is finnish) or should I root for Kovalev and Markov? Streit? tough choice... whatever but the bums.

And they did!!!! That was awful. They should be ashamed to be swedes. Go back to northamerica so we dont have to see you anymore. And take Bengt-Åke Gustafsson with you and make him a McDonalds employee. As I said... HYVÄÄ SUOMI!!! (Happy that my father is finnish) or should I root for Kovalev and Markov? Streit? tough choice... whatever but the bums.

We can be brothers-in-arms, I'm cheering for Finland after watching the pitiful attempts made by the Canadian men. HYVÄÄ SUOMI! :king:

So what's a fine going to accomplish? And given that Slovakia won their pool, how would it be determined that the Slovaks wouldn't have won by the same margin, or more? Both teams rested their regular goalies, so you can't base your argument that one team was vastly better than the other in that area. This is a case of "what if".

Having said that, I think that Gustafsson is gonna be out of a job after these games, based on the reported reaction back in Sweden. It's one thing to want a matchup with a particular team, and another thing to play to get that matchup. But to go to the press and tell them that you've thought about it is just horrendously stupid. You'd have to be a complete fool to think that scenarios like that haven't been done in the past, but no coach was ever dumb enough to say it in public. I think if the IIHF doesn't take action against Gustafsson, then the Swedish federation will have to can him.

Shame on you Sweden!

I didn't like what I saw but I can understand that there's no reason to push for a win when the reward is a quarterfinal against Canada.

Anyway, the playoffs are about to begin and the 3 team that I expected the most from has all been disapointments.

Canada didn't score in 6 periods. 0-2 versus both Finland and Switzerland. What? Team Canada? And against the Czechs last night the where outplayed. Two cheap goals and brilliant play from Brodeaur after his blunder and Canada didn't finish last.

Czech Republic. May have it going after that second and third period versus Canada. Now they will be facing the Slovaks and I expect this to be one of the best games in the tournament. On one side you have the Slovaks whom could be the best team thus far and on the other side there's the Czechs whom many believed to be a team for the finals.

Sweden didn't score on Russia nor on Slovakia. Now they will be facing the Swizz and imagine if there's a new Belarus 2002 coming? The Swedish nationalteam couldn't possibly return home if they wants to stay alive if that happens.

So what's a fine going to accomplish? And given that Slovakia won their pool, how would it be determined that the Slovaks wouldn't have won by the same margin, or more? Both teams rested their regular goalies, so you can't base your argument that one team was vastly better than the other in that area. This is a case of "what if".

Having said that, I think that Gustafsson is gonna be out of a job after these games, based on the reported reaction back in Sweden. It's one thing to want a matchup with a particular team, and another thing to play to get that matchup. But to go to the press and tell them that you've thought about it is just horrendously stupid. You'd have to be a complete fool to think that scenarios like that haven't been done in the past, but no coach was ever dumb enough to say it in public. I think if the IIHF doesn't take action against Gustafsson, then the Swedish federation will have to can him.

Hardy Nilsson didnt get fired after the swedes lost to Belarus last olympics. There is no way Gustafsson will get fired after this... the swedish hockey federation (or whatever its called) is a bunch of clowns that makes Gary Bettman and those people look like geniouses.

Just started watching the Canada - Czech Republic game and guess where the refs from.. CANADA!

From now on I want a swedish ref for all the games featuring sweden.

Why? To make it easier for Sweden to throw a game and get an easier opponet in the next round?

Hardy Nilsson didnt get fired after the swedes lost to Belarus last olympics. There is no way Gustafsson will get fired after this... the swedish hockey federation (or whatever its called) is a bunch of clowns that makes Gary Bettman and those people look like geniouses.

Why would a coach get fired after his goalie takes a shot off the noggin and its falls in behind him? That's apples and oranges. It's one thing to lose a game in an upset, it's quite another to throw in the towel before the pre-game skate.

Why would a coach get fired after his goalie takes a shot off the noggin and its falls in behind him? That's apples and oranges. It's one thing to lose a game in an upset, it's quite another to throw in the towel before the pre-game skate.

I still wouldnt be pleased with a 3-3 tie against belarus.