Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Boston | 03/09/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we reached the 30 wins :D

sorry, but we do, because he didn't even record a shutout this season.

ok, and this is the habs section of the habsworld.net forum and JT is NOT a habs anymore, so if u wanna talk about him, there's the NHL section of the habsworld.net forum :D

let's cheer and be happy for our TEAM~ TEAM! UNIT!

Edited by bebehabs

If I remember correctly that is slightly better than our last 6 game road trip

LOL Just a bit, eh?

I thought the team played well together tonight. Komi had a couple brainfreezes, and we took some dumb penalties, but all in all, I was impressed. Particularly with Ribs (that monster) and Zeddy. It's so nice to say good things about them again. Huet was outstanding AGAIN, and I think all lines generated excellent opportunities. That Thomas was the difference between taht game and a blowout.

Also, great work by both the PK and the PP (mostly)

Great work, boys!

:hlogo:

The burning question is now when does Aebischer get his first start? I think he has to start either Saturday against the Rangers (my choice) or Monday against Tampa. Huet probably should have sat for one of the back-to-back games in favour of Danis. Huet has looked sharp when he's had to, but there's also been a couple of occasions where he seemed to be fighting the puck, especially the Leafs game. He needs a night off, then come back with him right away, if he's going to be your number one goalie down the stretch.

For the first time in a long time, I think I finally saw Ribs and Zeds play with some intensity and emotion tonight...Gainey the Great must have put the fear of God into them with the deadline looming today...

If they can keep up that level of intensity, we're a lock that no one will want to play first....

Another outstanding game for Huet...We will look back on the Theo trade as one of the crowning achievements in Gainey's tenure....(I hope)...

Absolutely beautifully, perfectly, exceptionally, great game... all we need to do now is keep this up and we should be 6th in no time!!

:hlogo:

ATTABOY PLEX!!!!!!!!!!

The burning question is now when does Aebischer get his first start? I think he has to start either Saturday against the Rangers (my choice) or Monday against Tampa. Huet probably should have sat for one of the back-to-back games in favour of Danis. Huet has looked sharp when he's had to, but there's also been a couple of occasions where he seemed to be fighting the puck, especially the Leafs game. He needs a night off, then come back with him right away, if he's going to be your number one goalie down the stretch.

I agree. Both are pretty hot right now though, so it's gonna be hard to decide.

9 of 12 points on the road... sweet...

Perfect road game. Nothing fancy, solid goaltending, capitalize on PP, boring but effective hockey.

Time to go home and start a winning streak at home. :)

and 15 of 20 pts lasrt 10 games..... and if we add one more its 17 of 22 pts hehehe perty good boys! but were not out of the woods yet!

we are going to be fine I think, Huet/Aebischer > Théo. Now 20 games left and 14 are in Montréal we should fight for sixth not eighth.

See you Saturday!

A good win tonight, thankfully Boston sucks, that was a bit of a struggle.

Yeh, but it was another 3rd game in 4 nights deal, so I"ll forgive them this once! :D

Yeh, but it was another 3rd game in 4 nights deal, so I"ll forgive them this once! :D

That excuse is only going to work for so long. THeres going to be alot more nights like this one. THeres 20 games to play and only 40 days left in the season which works out to a game every other night. And some of those games are against Ottawa, New Jersey, Carolina and the Rangers. You won't get away with this kind of game against them. Nevermind the fact that a game against the Leafs is always tough.

THe 3 games in four nights excuse just won't cut it anymore

Great game I can not believe Huet now has 4 shutouts that is incredible.

The Habs have done well against the Bruins this season.

I would like to see Aebi Saturday and Huet Monday against TB (the more important of the two games IMO)

What is to excuse they won. ;)

BONK PLAYED AWESOME!!! PENALTY KILLER SUBLIME! hell in the third period the 2way players looked like Parasitic tics on the Bruins wouldnt let them do much at any ease!!

...hey what's going to happen to all the Metro Supermarkets Theodore bobblehead dolls?

Someone will collect them all and try to make a killing on E-bay if he gets back to form with the Avs.

Someone will collect them all and try to make a killing on E-bay if he gets back to form with the Avs.

Lets ripp Dandy a new Now... Ok one stupid penalty a game is what his quota should be not 3 freakin ones I say before the playoffs lets try to move him up and see what happens and put Simpson in his place or whatever

Zednik played amazing. Huet has 4 shutouts in 10 games.

we must be one of the most dangerous third lines in the East at least if not the League

I'm ultra happy we didn't trade ZED!

Bring on "Doctor Rooted Tree Trunk Legs"

Try knockin' him off the puck.

Good luck.

I think maybe Boynton and Ribeiro should be suspended.

Sorry 'bout that to all Habbies in the house.

But, if Ribeiro played elsewhere & pulled that spear trick against Montreal...? :angry:

The NHL might step in on that. We'll see.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN