Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Boston | 03/09/06

Spider-Man NL

montreal200.gifvssmall2.gifboston150.gif

montreal50.gif29-23-9 : 67 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

boston50.gif25-27-10 : 60 Points (12th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (9-6-4), 2.46 GAA montreal50.gif

boston50.gif# 30 Tim Thomas (8-5-4), 2.32 GAA1591.gif

Canadiens Roster

Link

Bruins Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Bonk - Zednik

Downey - Begin - Murray

d.jpg

Souray - Rivet

Markov - Komisarek

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 5th, 2005:montreal50.gif2 boston50.gif1

Oct. 18th, 2006:boston50.gif3 montreal50.gif4

Feb. 2nd, 2006:montreal50.gif1 boston50.gif3

Feb. 4th, 2006:boston50.gif0 montreal50.gif2

4756_1.jpg

Huet39Bos.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on

logo_RDS.giflogo_tsn-smaller.jpg& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we seriously starting Huet again?! Give the guy a break! That's a CH on his chest, not an S!

But it doesn't matter who we start... gonna teach those Bruins a lesson...

GO HABS GO!!!

The habs better start learning to stay out the box or they will not make the playoffs. Tired or not they were in the game against the leafs until they had like 6 penalties in a row. I would be shocked if Danis didn't get the start. Huet needs to get a rest sometime.

Agreed, Huet needs a rest, and the dumbass penalties need to stop, or in a short period of time the Habs are going to find themselves on the outside looking in.

Come Gainey, get the guys thumbs out of their asses and get em playing good hockey.

Agreed, Huet needs a rest, and the dumbass penalties need to stop, or in a short period of time the Habs are going to find themselves on the outside looking in.

Come Gainey, get the guys thumbs out of their asses and get em playing good hockey.

Ya, the dumbass penalties do have to stop.......but it was lopsided last night. Some of these infractions getting called are simply just really cheesy. Especially when they put a team down 2 guys for such a long time.

I like the new rules and speed of the game but I hate the fact that when a penalty is called now..no-one on the ice knows who, what, when , where and how....then in the replay they show a player was wiping his nose or scratching his nuts............5 on 3. That's what you get.

Too hard to grasp what's wrong and right.......I do get it, I'm just left shaking my head too many times, thinking this isn't hockey.

Well alot of the habs penalties were penalties. There were 2 questionable ones i thought. Thge problem was i saw 2 definate penalties on the leafs not called and one was clearly a make up call. Consistancy is all you can ask from an official. Call it both ways. The way the habs played last night they deserved to lose, don't blame the refs, it's a cop out for a poor performance.

didn't see the game yesterday..but apparently they got penalies for hooking allison ?? wtf... that tells me one thing: lazy asses. he's probably the slowest skater in the NHL...come on :wall:

The Habs were tired and did deserve to lose, but i'm not going to let the refs off the hook that way, there was no consistency. Obvious penalties weren't called (on the leafs) and tick tack ones were. Even Dandenault commented on the reffing in games played in Toronto this year (you can read it on rds.ca)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Huet in net again, a day off today an important game. That way Danis will start at home on Saturday, but I said previously i thought he should've started one of teh two games against philly and TO,

To me this game is the most important of the season, we went on a mini-roll got into a good playoff position, now we've suffered some adversity, can we come back from it fininsh the road trip in a strong way. THat will determine if we will make the playoffs and what position that will be.

Let's hope for a better rejuvenated performance (and maybe a new player or two to help).

GO HABS GO

IMO, the only way we don't start Aebisher is if we trade him before 3:00 Thursday.

I heard somewhere (sorry, forget where) that Aebischer wont be reporting to the habs until Friday. So if thats true, then he's definitely not starting tomorrow.

I heard somewhere (sorry, forget where) that Aebischer wont be reporting to the habs until Friday. So if thats true, then he's definitely not starting tomorrow.

You are correct: Aebischer said he would return to Denver to pick up some belongings on Thursday and join the Canadiens for practice on Friday.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?id=157722&hubname=nhl

Danis should get the start..... unless .... No even if we trade for another goalie like Luongo still he wont be in Boston i believe

Final remark! Status quo for Boston!

Danis will not start tonight I do not believe.

Tonight's game is now very important as the Canadiens only lead the 9th place Thrashers by a single point, and although the Canadiens hold 2 games at hand those games only count if points come from them. Also with the Bruins currently 7 points back a win tonight would put them nine back and virtually out of the playoff race, the Iles have seemed to count themselves out already and they have the same amount of points as the Bruins and have played a game less.

I think huet will feel the heat and will want to show his best goaltending yet.

would be nice to end up this trip on a positive note

Ok after all the Théo hoopla I will settle back into the routine of making a prediction: Habs 3 Bruins 0; we get our goals from Markov, Koivu and Ryder.

This game could have disastorous consequences for Montreal should Huet start and play like he has the last two games. He has given up 10 goals in the last 2 games, and should Montreal get blown out like they did in Toronto, by a team thats chasing them, could potentially send this team into a slide and destroy alot of confidence this team has been building.

Gainey had better make sure these guys are ready to play tonight and play hard. This is the most critical game of the season, and they only become more important from here on out.