Game Thread | Trade Deadline

MAK

dwayne roloson has been traded to edmonton in exchaneg of a first round pick and a conditional pick

Over the next ~24 hrs I imagine there will be a bit of messiness on the board. Please post all reports and discussion of non-habs trades here. Just for ease... I'd really love it if I don't have to merge a thousand "Team X gets Player Y" threads over the next 2 days :)

BTW:

Roloson To Oilers for a 1st round pick + conditional pick

Czerkawski to Bruins via Waivers

Oilers put Mike Morisson on waivers

Flyers put Turner Stevenson on waivers

Edited by simonus

It will be interesting to see how both Fernandez and Roloson react to "real" number 1 duties. Neither has ever been number by themselves. Mentally, there is quite a difference. I think Manny will keep on doing well, but I have my doubts on Roloson; he could be a bust.

I think it's a great move by the oilers although It think the price was a bit high

they can look foward from now on

I guess they felt morrisson was the worst one of the 3 sinde he was put on waivers or maybe they just want to send him donwn in the echl

Guest Biff Malibu
What is going on with that. A number 1 pick for a backup goalie. TFP reprts Edmonton traded there #1 pick for Roloson. Maybe the Dam has broken and we'll see some moves

Yes, it's true.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157671&hubname=

Edmonton has also placed G Mike Morrison on waivers.

Personally, I feel that it's a good move for the Oilers. I wouldn't call Roloson a back-up because he and Fernandez usually split the minutes, up until this season because of Manny's stellar play. I think Roloson is capable of a number one job on a team like the Oilers who don't allow many shots against, but time will tell I guess.

ah haaa The leafs have taken the bait ...

By getting those 2 pts last night they are going to roll the dice!!!

they are gonna pick up what ever they can get... if they are smart they will reduce the lose to waiver pick ups but if "Fergus" has gone mad then with Czerkawski gone they will be picking up someone with trade! thus losing a binch of potential marlies rooks

good luck laughs!

Yes, it's true.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157671&hubname=

Edmonton has also placed G Mike Morrison on waivers.

Personally, I feel that it's a good move for the Oilers. I wouldn't call Roloson a back-up because he and Fernandez usually split the minutes, up until this season because of Manny's stellar play. I think Roloson is capable of a number one job on a team like the Oilers who don't allow many shots against, but time will tell I guess.

right you are Biff Chevy ... Ive said too many times the future lies with TWO second class number one goalies if you cant get a Luongo or Kiper... were on that path Buffalo and the Wild lead and now the rest are following!

hell Huet is a BackUp or a Number 2 goalie he has limited playing endurance but we would not have traded him for less than a First and second round pick! and remember Edmonton is holding the 8th spot and the wild are behind! that also is tobe taken in condideration!

Edmonton and Bosotn lose today.

Bosotn because they picked up Czwerkawski and Edmonton because they paid way too much for a marginal starter. Roloson is worth maybe a 3rd rounder. It's hard to believe they'd part with a 1st rounde and another pick.

Last night against Dallas, Conklin got pulled after overtime and MacTavish put Morisson in net just because he thought he was better for the shootout. Of course, Jokinen scored and Dallas own but it showed that MacTavish had more faith in Morisson than he had in Conklin. Not to mention that Conklin is having a terrible season.

richardson's not the player who will the maple laughs in the playoffs...still, they're a better team than yesterday

nieminen traded to the sharks for a 3rd round pick