Trades Deadline Day Thread

sakiqc

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and if you didn't know already 3:00 pm Montréal time is the official deadline for teams to inform the league of a trade.

First trade of the last day: Mtl gets D Todd Simpson from Chicago for a sixth rounder!

source

NJ got Brad Luckowich from the Isles for a 3rd rounder. If memory serves Luckowich is a T. Simpson with more talent...am I mistaken? Any info on BL?

Denis Gauthier.. now we are talking. Enough of ODonnell, Lukowich, Brown, Simpson trades. I want real trades!

Great move by Philly. Gauthier is awesome and will fit really well in their team.

Go Bob!! Go!!

This is the same post that I put in the Simpson and Théodore threads and I'm including it here again for obvious reasons.

I still think that Gainey will more or less stand pat during this March Madness. He may do one or more minor deal like the Simpson one but nothing spectacular or 'noteworthy' like the Théodore trade.

I do believe that he's going to hold on to that money for a blockbusterish trade during the Free Agency market time. My hope is that he'll use Aebischer and some other resources to get Luongo.

On 'thefourthperiod.com', it was metnioned that, in all appearances, Jokinen will be staying with the Panthers which leaves the door open for a Luongo departure, in my upinion (and in my hope).

:king: :hlogo: :king: :hlogo: :king:

Really good smart move by the Nucks in getting Mike Noronen. Noronen is really underrated and overlooked in Buffalo since he's the 3rd guy, sure he's been average in his starts this year, but he's really in a tough spot, hardly playing any games, its hard to be consistant.

We tried coming up with an assortment of packages for Luongo back in November/December but it came down to the fact that Florida wanted a better goaltender in return. Although it might work if Price is in the package too but I wouldn't count on it.

Ducks get Friesen for a 2nd round pick

That is the precise reason why Burke is bringing Friesen in, if the Ducks make the playoffs Friesen who is comfortable in Anaheim could blossom for the Duck's down the stretch drive.

He saw the fact Anaheim is only 6 points behind us. I think he's banking on us falling while Budaj and Kolesnik are between the pipes. *shrugs*...He could very well be right. I have confidence in Budaj though.

Jokinen signed a 4 year deal. Luongo could very well sign with the Panthers now.

That is the precise reason why Burke is bringing Friesen in, if the Ducks make the playoffs Friesen who is comfortable in Anaheim could blossom for the Duck's down the stretch drive.

I just figured he'd continue to sell. This seems like a playoff move.