Game Thread | Bolts Vs. Habs | 03/13/06

Spider-Man NL

5 on 5 this team hasn't done much scoring in a while, perhaps it's time to shake up the top lines a bit. How about moving Kovalev back with Koivu and Ryder back with Ribeiro.

Higgins Koivu Kovalev

Zednik Ribeiro Ryder

Bulis Plekanek Perezhogin

Begin Bonk Sundstrom / Downie

I know we tried Higgins with K and K earlier in the year, but the way Higgins has emerged and goes to the net and can cycle the puck, I think he'd do well with them now.

See if Ribs and Ryder can do anything after along absence with each other and Ribs improved play defensively of late and Zednik playing hard they coudl do well.

Zhogs gets demoted to line 3 but with the solid defense of Bulis and Plex he might add a more offensive dimension plus this line will have speed to burn.

The fourth line has been playing well of late, We see a bit of Kovy in Bonk every couple of games and Begin is Begin.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely a tired habs team tonight. A couple of bad bounces turned into a loss, but we shouldnt have needed those bounces.

Markov was much missed, but streit didnt do that bad of a job and definitely had some fire.

Koivu was unremarkable, but I think he can get it back soon... of course i am an unrepentant optimist.

A couple of days off before the Carolina game and I think it will do the team some good. Can't necisarily expect a win against the #1 team in the Conference, but I think the jump will be back. I imagine Aebi is in nets then, time to see what the guy can do for les glorieux.

Could Huet've stopped that Lecavalier shot? sure he could've, but was it his fault that his team abandoned him and left him with a 2 on 1 to deal with? No. And you are right, can't say much about the St. Louis goal...I guess that was his fault, him throwing the puck away.

Although that was his fault technically, we can't shoulder the blame on Huet. He has stood on his head, and made some nice saves tonight...It was his team who gave him no help.

Are you guys serious?

5 on 5 this team hasn't done much scoring in a while, perhaps it's time to shake up the top lines a bit. How about moving Kovalev back with Koivu and Ryder back with Ribeiro.

Higgins Koivu Kovalev

Zednik Ribeiro Ryder

Bulis Plekanek Perezhogin

Begin Bonk Sundstrom / Downie

I think I would like to see:

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder

Bulis - Ribeiro - Zednik

Begin - Bonk - Murray

That first line had great success at the beginning of the year. Plekanec is 10 times the player ribs is.

Man, i really really want to punch the Tampa commentator in the face..

He just called the refs idiots for not calling a penalty on Huet

I had to search through the thread this morning to see if anyone had to suffer through those horrid TB commentators. Wow, the amount of times they screamed about penalties that should have gone to the Habs, and how horrible the calls were against Tampa. EVERY time. It was bad, if that's what TB fans have to deal with for every game, I feel sorry for them. With that kind of drabble, I could easily be a color guy...every whistle, just complain about the officiating.

As far as the rest of the game goes, don't quite know what Huet was thinking when he tossed out that short hander to St Louis. Maybe he thought Souray was going to go left instead of right and pick up the puck. That was just bad. Huet didn't look tired, but the Habs sure did. I've always been scared when the Lightning play in Montreal, Lecavalier and St Louis always play a little harder, it seems.

Edited by huzer

I had to search through the thread this morning to see if anyone had to suffer through those horrid TB commentators. Wow, the amount of times they screamed about penalties that should have gone to the Habs, and how horrible the calls were against Tampa. EVERY time. It was bad, if that's what TB fans have to deal with for every game, I feel sorry for them. With that kind of drabble, I could easily be a color guy...every whistle, just complain about the officiating.

As far as the rest of the game goes, don't quite know what Huet was thinking when he tossed out that short hander to St Louis. Maybe he thought Souray was going to go left instead of right and pick up the puck. That was just bad. Huet didn't look tired, but the Habs sure did. I've always been scared when the Lightning play in Montreal, Lecavalier and St Louis always play a little harder, it seems.

After suffering through commentators from every team in the league, it is easy for me to see why nobody likes hockey in Floriday. The Panthers and Lightning have the worst commentators I've ever heard.

Huet was interviewed about that second goal and said it was miscommunication. Sourray was telling him to hold on to the puck, but whatever words he used Huet thought he said to play it so, it was just confusion and unluckily it cost us, which always seems to be the case in games like last night.