Put On Cbc Now!

Tony

a publicity stunt?

Too little too late after the disrespect toward Boom Boom, or maybe he's mocking the Habs?

or maybe the CBC does read petitions after all?

What did he say about The Habs? Any mention made

I doubt CBC read any petitions and probably would just laugh at it anyways.....

I don't know about petitions, but Ron McLean did mention that many people were upset about how they handled the Boom Boom situation and then he made up a list of crappy excuses for it. Like there was speed skating and curling highlights they had to talk about etc... etc...

The fact that they acknowledged that there was an error should be a pat on the back of every person that made their voice heard to the CBC.

Big difference between ackowledging an error and saying sorry. They don't care. And they wouldn't have said anything because of a petition. It was becasue of the little news media it received

I didn't memorize word for word what was said, but I was watching it and was also shocked by the sight of that CH hat in full display. Threw me off so badly that I momentarily lost concentration on what was being said....

However, regardless of that I think the staff & management of HNIC saw the gravity of the mistake they made and regret it. The words used were roughly - that if they had it do over they would have done it differently.

The listing given for excuses at the time may have been irrelevant and lacked any common sense -can we say they were simply dumbass reasons - but I do think the people who run HNIC know they screwed up big time and were willing to admit so on tv. Both MacLean & Cherry know what that night meant to hockey and basically admitted it was a bad decision. Unfortunately it was too late to change what happened. What more can they do or say - are we that unreasonable in seeing this as an admission of their having made a poor decision?

Now it's time for us as habs fans to show them how much class we have - so let's all be the bigger man and accept their comments for what they were. It was basically an apology from HNIC to all Habs fans and especially to the Geoffrion family.

As far as higher up in the CBC goes - well that's a different kettle of fish 'cause they still can't see any daylight where they are always looking...... Unfortunately they cater to Leaf Nation and have just been led astray from the 'perfect way' = the way of the Habs... :hlogo:

(If he were here -'the Boomer' probably would have told them what a bunch of dumbasses they were, and then he would have had a beer with all the boys when all was said & done.....) ;)

...... Unfortunately they cater to Leaf Nation and have just been led astray from the 'perfect way' = the way of the Habs... :hlogo:

(;)

Hey, they go where the ratings are and they know where there paycheques come from.

If Montreal had 3 million people living in the metropolitan area they'd probably dominate Saturday night games. But don't really have to worry about that in another month, cause Toronto won't be around. Be interesting to see what happens to the ratings.......

Hey, they go where the ratings are and they know where there paycheques come from.

If Montreal had 3 million people living in the metropolitan area they'd probably dominate Saturday night games. But don't really have to worry about that in another month, cause Toronto won't be around. Be interesting to see what happens to the ratings.......

Statement agreed upon without any hesitation - they cater to a big market that thinks the sun rises and never sets upon their precious Leafs. Like it or not there is an extremely large legion of Leaf lovers across the country. They unfortunately outnumber Habs fans and that is where the cash is......

Habs fans need to get over this fact, and then cheer really loud when the Leafs get crushed if they do manage to back into these playoffs!

'Cause whoever draws the eigth spot is only guaranteed two home games at best?

Edited by beliveau1

Remember that we arent safely in the playoffs yet so we might not be around as well...

We'll see what happens when the bandwagoners jump ship and try to catch up with the next flavour of the week. Every team has them, and it's those "fans" that CBC wants to get to tune in on Saturday nights. Just hope to God that by the time the tables have turned and Montréal gets its fair share of HNIC coverage, Harry Neale has long been put out to pasture and Jim Hughson is the main man in the play-by-play booth.