Is Saku Reading This?

JLP

Players online -- What do you think?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do NHL Players Follow Hockey Forums?

• All the time -- hockey is their life!
    • Most take a look now and then.
    • Few have either the time or interest.
    • Hockey players can't read!

From what I usually hear, they check them now and then (esp. when their friends & family refer them to stuff), but they dont have a very positive view of the "internet fans" in general.

Simply put: they think we're a bunch of armchair GMs who dont have a clue about anything... Which is sadly too often true (except for most of HW!). :P

They probably come here when their all boozed up and want to laugh their ass off :P

In all seriousness you know someone must come here and check, there's always one guy who's curious.

If I were pro, I know I'd check all the time. But I know most of them don't want to hear all the negatives people have to say against them. Which is a good thing. Especially with goalies who's confidence can be rattled so easily. For example, if Aebischer starts reading this boards then it would take him a loooong time to recover.

There are some guys that won't evern read a normal newspaper article about themselves, and those have to be fairly PC. The message boards are another story. Me? If I were a playing pro, I wouldn't really waste my time checking them.

If I were pro, I know I'd check all the time. But I know most of them don't want to hear all the negatives people have to say against them. Which is a good thing. Especially with goalies who's confidence can be rattled so easily. For example, if Aebischer starts reading this boards then it would take him a loooong time to recover.

I doubt it.

He'd still be in therapy after his December. :P

No, they probably dont.

And who in their right mind gets drunk and uses a computer?

Anyways..

if I was one I certainly wouldnt, this is meant for fans anyway. Not to be taken too seriously, sorta like those RDS monkeys always getting riled up about certain players.

I'd say for sure many or most NHLers travel with a laptop, so they do have the chance to check out sites like this if they want.

Working with the band April Wine I can tell you half the band reads their fan sites posts. This is pretty consistant with other bands I know and I expect with pro athletes as well.

Drunk in a hotel room in an away game and there's a computer in the room.

Do the math. Don't forget, on away games players have curfews

Not sure the curfews are strictly followed....I've seen, on many nights, visiting players wondering out of bars on St. Laurent in the wee hours of the morning...

Guess it helps us though right?

Not sure the curfews are strictly followed....I've seen, on many nights, visiting players wondering out of bars on St. Laurent in the wee hours of the morning...

Guess it helps us though right?

gotta love that montreal flu

If that happens again, be sure and take them for a nightcap or three! ;)

i sure hope they don't....

Many time, AMEN to that, Simonus. Some of the comments that are 'opinionated' in this community are pretty regrettable.

Some comments are rude, crude and some are downright insulting & damaging to a player's character. I know that what is said here doesn't necessarily fall into the category of libel or slander but I wouldn't be surprised if someone who's called 'a piece of crap' for instance doesn't decide to take the individual to task.

This likely won't happen because as the third choice in the questionnaire states, few have the time or interest in seeing what we have to say anyway.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

These players read the papers and are questioned by reporters every day during the season and quite often in the offseason, not to mentioned being booed, cheered or having things thrown at them by fans while on the ice. I don't think they give a rats(oooo becarefull Kaos) bum about whats written about them. They all know they go out there and try as hard as they can and sometimes there going to struggle.

I'm sure there is atleast one Canadiens player, who likes computers and has ventured into this forum and it has made a topic of conversation on a bus trip, hotel room, or in a down time at practice. And I'm sure just as quickly it was forgot about, much like the reporters, papers fans ect...

I think they do for sure. Mostly when they are doing well. When they are slumping, I'm sure they stay away because who wants to read about how much they suck.

Also, I think more reading of forums comes from the younger guys, rookies, guys just starting to make a name for themselves

I doubt Yzerman, Koivu, Kovalev,etc do.........but Hainsey, Komi, Higgins, Ovechkin in the russian forums....for sure.....

I'm not sure about Habsworld, but I DO in fact have proof that some players visit rumour sites. For instance, I was watching one of the sports channels (The Score, i think) and it was documenting Brendan Witt on trade deadine day. It showed various shots of him being very anxious and reading things on his laptop - the site he was on was spectorshockey.com