Magic Number Is 1!

GoHabs2002

i believe if all else fails, they do a sudden-death three-legged race...

who do you send? I say Bulis and Koivu

"So, if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, the two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned."

/Baseketball

Edited by Trizzak

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Red Fisher, an Atlanta loss results in a Montreal clinch. I don't see how. Anyone in the house know how this is possible?

He must be wrong.

Atlanta is 38-32-7 with 5 games to go. If they lose and then win out their string they will finish at

42-33-7 for 91 points. If we lose our final 4 games we will finish 41-32-9, also for 91 points. Since the first tiebreaker is wins they would be ahead of us. Under this senario, TB's win tonight would put them ahead of us as well and we would finish 9th (or worse).

Also no matter what Atlanta does, Toronto could win their final 5 games to end up with a record of

42-32-8 for 92 points which would put them ahead of us if we lose our final 4 games.

Man Toronto won again , 6-5 vs Florida... They simply refuse to die!

HUGE night by Sundin.. 4 goals 2 assists!

Man those 2 straight wins against them are so unbelievably huge right now. Had they won both those games, Habs would be at 87 points and Leafs at... 88

The leafs also scored 5 power play goals tonight, that is the definition of a joke.

They always, ALWAYS get help. Can you imagine if a good team got as much help from the officials as the Leafs? They'd pop 4 PPG damn near every night.

How was it a few years ago, the refs hated Toronto and never gave them breaks because they were whiners, and now the refs are helping them with powerplay opportunities? This is pure nonsense. THere is no favoratism amongst officials towards teams.

I know our fate is in our hands, but I'm gonna root for Washington tonight anyway! It's not looking good though: ATL is 5-0-2 vs. the Caps this year.

In order for Montreal to miss the playoffs the following must all occur:

Monday: ATL @ WSH (Atlanta must win).

Tuesday: ATL @ FLA (Atlanta must win).

WSH @ TB (Tampa Bay must get at least a point).

NJ @ HABS (New Jersey must win in regulation).

That's alot of 'musts'. Hopefully the law of averages prevents this feat from being accomplished.

:hlogo: