Playoff Overacheivers And Underacheivers

umpalumpa55

I am curious to see who will step up in the playoffs and who will turn into a ghost out there.

Last year, obviously kovalev took us all by storm, along with both koivu and zednick, and then theres the other end of the spectrum where Ribeiro had a career change and turned to acting once the playoffs rolled around, and ryder wasnt noticable either.

So whos gonna be hot, whos gonna be cold, and whos gonna play solid in the playoffs this year, personnaly i think it will look something like this:

Solid playoff play:

Markov ( hes is too consisitent in his play to be hot :blink: , but he definitely be our best defender)

Rivet

Dandenault (hes better than most think)

Higgins

Ryder

Begin

Hot playoff play:

kovalev (TURN IT ON BABY!!!)

Koivu (he will prove something to his critics)

Plekanec

Perezhogin (him and plekanec will be flyin, i would like to see kovalev on a line with them)

Boullion (aside from markov, he has been a leader of the backend this year)

Souray

Striet (do what he did in the olympics)

Cold playoff play:

Bonk

Sunny

Ribiero (just wont get it done)

Komisarek (im sorry boys, he looks like a chicken with his head cut off most of the time, i still have high hopes for him tho, just not right now)

Downey

Zednik

Bulis (will try to do too much offense out there, wont be playing his game)

GO HABS GO PLAYOFF TIME!!!!! :hlogo:

The funny thing is the playoffs are a different game. Of course, Saku and Kovalev are gonna have to produce. But if we do win the series, you will probably have one guy come out of no where like Garth Murray and score some big goals. There are suprise performers in every series.

I will even go as far to predict Zednik getting hot.

I don't know why, he hasn't shown it throughout the season, however, he is one of those, to quote my father, 'money players'.

I can also see Sheldon turning it up and showing off that shot, firing in a bunch of quick goals.

If the Habs play the Sens I feel Radek Bonk could be a game breaker. How sweet it would be for him to personally crush his old team

Ryder was not invisible last playoffs from what I remember he had tons of chances but was snake bitten and playing with lazy line mates. I expect much more from him this time around.

I think Plekanec will disappear. He's been prone to rookie mistakes this season and I expect the pressure will bother him. It's the experience that counts though.

LOLL yeah we'd better keep our opinions on Abby and Huet to ourselves just in case.

But still i think that Bonk is going to continue playing his way while the few sleeping rookies wake up and start producing..

Bonk will definitely turn it up a notch as will zednik.

I wanna see streit do his thing.

our leaders have to produce. and I also have a good feeling about aebisher

plex will definitely start to show weakness

well thats my opinion.

Bonk will definitely turn it up a notch as will zednik.

I wanna see streit do his thing.

our leaders have to produce. and I also have a good feeling about aebisher

plex will definitely start to show weakness

well thats my opinion.

Yeah I agree with all that. And I have a feeling that we some forgotten lines being reformed somewhere in the playoffs.

I also agree with the person who said that Bulis will try too hard to be fancy on offence and end up doing nothing. Koivu will of course pick it up. The character guys like Simpson, Dandenault (it's coming), Souray and Rivet will step up on D I bet and I expect a lot from Streit. Come to think about it, Komisarek was great last season in the playoffs so maybe he'll turn it up again and Markov doesn't seem to put in very many bad games. I expect our D may be working miracles come playoff time.

Oh yeah - Murray shines and Downey scores a couple of goals.

Hot:

- Kovalev (he'warming up for the playoffs again, is superb when it matters)

- Zednik (what a playoff player, he's already warming up, i got faith in the guy)

- Koivu (a true leader stands up when it matters)

- Ribeiro (he's gotta proof himself)

- Markov (all the good players play good when they should, markov will lead the D)

- Souray (like markov)

- Begin (he will be hotter than hot, he will melt the ice, when he returns)

Cold:

- Higgins (i'm affraid)

- Ryder

- Huet (i hope not, but it's just feeling)

- Aebi

- Komi

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Why does everyone think Komi is going to struggle in the playoffs? He played a helluva series last year, i dont see any reason to think differently this year.

well.. perhaps because he will be asked to play a bigger role this time?

Regardless I believe in Mr. Komisarek. I think he will do quite well.

Komisarek played well against Thornton, who was a bigger, and bit slower of a centerman. They matched up well. I still recall a thunderous check he through on Thornton. That must have hurt the ribs some.

It'll be interesting to see how Komisarek handles the smaller faster forwards of Carolina and Ottawa

I doubt Bonk will step up his game without Begin there. Pierre Mcguire said that Bonk has an inability to elevate his game when it's time to do that.

And McGuire never speaks anything but the truth, eh? :P

Still valid point.. Begin has the tendency to fire up his teammates.. Let's hope he's back soon!

Komisarek played well against Thornton, who was a bigger, and bit slower of a centerman. They matched up well. I still recall a thunderous check he through on Thornton. That must have hurt the ribs some.

It'll be interesting to see how Komisarek handles the smaller faster forwards of Carolina and Ottawa

Komi's check on Thornton?? ohh the good memories Yeah Komi :king:

I'm sure he'll play again on an higher level. It'll be a different challenge this time, but not less satisfying.. Watch out Heatley :D