Game Thread /canadiens @ Boston/ 13-04-2006

mathieu30

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im starting to wonder a little bit if Gainey has picked a number one goalie yet.

We were outplayed in the third but i think that can be chalked up to fatigue. One more point to guarantee ourselves a playoff spot...

Its looking more and more like it might just be Atlanta in that eight spot rather than Tampa.

Edited by Quebecois

i personnoly dont think the habs are going to clobber the bruins tonight..it is there last home games

so i preddict a one goal difference game...

prolly 4-3 habs

expect higgins- ryder - kovalev and dandenault to score

as for thwe bruins expect

boyes bergeron and leetch

Go habs Go

BAM RIGHT ON THE KISSER

exept for the scorers

New Jersey won so I think it's safe to say that we're fighting for 7th and that 6th is pretty much out of the question. I would also say that there's a pretty slim chance that we fall from 7th.

.500 on the road. The Habs end this regular season 18-18-5 on the road.

"On est proche. Sauf que personne va nous donner ce point. On va affronter deux bons clubs d'ici la fin de la saison. Ça va être difficile. Mais on veut entrer en séries par nous-mêmes. On ne veut pas se fier aux autres pour y arriver."

-Mathieu Dandenault

New Jersey won so I think it's safe to say that we're fighting for 7th and that 6th is pretty much out of the question. I would also say that there's a pretty slim chance that we fall from 7th.

We have 93 pts with 2 games left

NJ has 97 pts with 2 games left.

Montreal has irretrievably lost the season series and at best we could tie them in wins... so .... yeah... Id say 6th place is pretty much out of the question.

Only way to get 6th - tie the Flyers (who have 3 games left) = We could actually beat the flyers in wins and the season series is in our favour.

Edited by simonus

We have 93 pts with 2 games left

NJ has 97 pts with 2 games left.

Montreal has irretrievably lost the season series and at best we could tie them in wins... so .... yeah... Id say 6th place is pretty much out of the question.

Only way to get 6th - tie the Flyers (who have 3 games left) = We could actually beat the flyers in wins and the season series is in our favour.

Well I still think we have a small chance of catching the Flyers. It is true that their magic number versus us is 1.

But: If we win both of ours and they lose all 3 of theirs in regulation we finish 6th. How likely is this to happen?

The Flyers have 3 games left: Rangers, Devils, and the Islanders. The latter 2 are road games. Rght now they have a chance to catch the Rangers so that first game is important to both teams. If the Flyers lose in regulation to the Rangers, then the in their next game in NJ, the Devils have a chance to clinch 5th by beating them in regulation. I'd expect that to happen.

Meanwhile we have to beat Buffalo at home, I think we will (which would clinch a playoff spot for us and does nothing for Buffalo who will finish 4th for sure).

If the above does transpire then on the last day of the season, we play the Devils at home and they are already assured of 5th. We could beat them. The final brick in this wall is that same day the Flyers play the Islanders in NY. I'd expect the Flyers to win and clinch 6th but they could lose.

Summary: We have a slight chance to catch the Flyers.

Edited by Peter Puck