Habs Getting Credit From Canes

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=166069&hubname=

Check out the link

Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said that the Habs were one of the toughest teams in the playoffs and could've gone a long way. Perhaps a better playoff team even then Ottawa or others.

It's nice to see the Canes giving the Habs credit, it was a very close series and on an overall the team played pretty well, but I am still surprised as you don't often see comments like these at all.

Kudos to the team, it gave me some more hope for the future and gave me a smile.

At least someone gives us credit :)

Might hate the Canes for eliminating the Habs but still got to respect the good team they have and the classy move towards the Habs.

Woo Hoo! Finally some respect from around the league... I believe that may increase some UFA's good feelings about coming to Montreal... ;) (Hopefully anyways)

Classy guy that Rutherford is.

Woo Hoo! Finally some respect from around the league... I believe that may increase some UFA's good feelings about coming to Montreal... ;) (Hopefully anyways)

Classy guy that Rutherford is.

or maybe he would love to get zednik and he wants to be on BG's good hand

Good to hear,

always respect your opponent...something Murray and the Senators should learn...remeber when they told the media the had bets on how many goals they would score, shots they would allow against the Habs. Looks good on them.

or maybe he would love to get zednik and he wants to be on BG's good hand

I can think of a few Canes I wouldn't mind bringing over for Zed. One would be Mike Commodore. The guy is tough as nails and is a rock on the blueline. He's my favorite type of player.

I can think of a few Canes I wouldn't mind bringing over for Zed. One would be Mike Commodore. The guy is tough as nails and is a rock on the blueline. He's my favorite type of player.

would be a good fit as a 6th or 7th D but he's not what we need

He isn't doing bad as the Canes' #1 defensive dman now, is he?

I think he'd be an upgrade over a lot of our current D. I think he'd be perfect for a 2nd pairing with Souray. Commodore's strong defensive play would take some pressure off Souray and make him a much more effective player. As much as I loved Dandy and Bouillon in the playoffs, I'd still take Commodore over either one. I'd take him over Rivet also.

What we need is a top notch center, and we aren't going to get that from Carolina. Staal isn't movind, Brindy is too old, and Weight is an UFA. If we were to trade with them as suggested, I think Commodore would be the best bet.

I think he'd be an upgrade over a lot of our current D. I think he'd be perfect for a 2nd pairing with Souray. Commodore's strong defensive play would take some pressure off Souray and make him a much more effective player. As much as I loved Dandy and Bouillon in the playoffs, I'd still take Commodore over either one. I'd take him over Rivet also.

What we need is a top notch center, and we aren't going to get that from Carolina. Staal isn't movind, Brindy is too old, and Weight is an UFA. If we were to trade with them as suggested, I think Commodore would be the best bet.

Brindy may be old but he is still a helluva player. He never gets tired and gives it his all all the time.

:hlogo:

Brindy may be old but he is still a helluva player. He never gets tired and gives it his all all the time.

I agree 100%, and looking at his profile, he's not as old as I thought. I was thinking he was already 40 years old. In that case, I'd love to trade Zed for him. I'd take Brindy over Lang any day. Brindy is a hard nosed player, a great leader, and is great at faceoffs.

It would be great to get Brindy but I seriously doubt that the Canes are going to just trade their Captain away for Zednik.

As long as Commodore stays with a "red" team. His poofy afro needs to match :P, and I think he has so far in the NHL. New Jersey, Calgary, Carolina IIRC. He might've been with Anaheim too, I can't remember. 3 for 4 is still good though.

It would be great to get Brindy but I seriously doubt that the Canes are going to just trade their Captain away for Zednik.

Of course not, I was just saying he was more valuable than I thought he would be, being only 35.

Of course not, I was just saying he was more valuable than I thought he would be, being only 35.

Ahh, gotcha! :P

I like Commodore, but the knock I have heard about him is that he isnt fast or agile enough to be a top 4 D-man. Defense really isnt our problem though...we need a few more scorers-or at least one more- so that we are on the winning side of those one-goal games.

Carolina is a good example on how to build a team. They played great one year and did not win a cup, so they retooled and look at them now. It is an inspiration for all Habs fans (or any team with a plan) to see how to build and make quality trades. Montreal is well stocked with forwards. The next draft should see them stock up on some Defense to help build a future. Montreal is young, talented and getting recognition from other teams is good for franchise morale. Even the Leaf stations were very wary of the strength of Montreal before their final two games together, and it was SPEED.

Carolina is a good example on how to build a team. They played great one year and did not win a cup, so they retooled and look at them now. It is an inspiration for all Habs fans (or any team with a plan) to see how to build and make quality trades. Montreal is well stocked with forwards. The next draft should see them stock up on some Defense to help build a future. Montreal is young, talented and getting recognition from other teams is good for franchise morale. Even the Leaf stations were very wary of the strength of Montreal before their final two games together, and it was SPEED.

You'd never ever hear them admit it thought.

You'd never ever hear them admit it thought.

:D

Yup, every year the Leafs are a contender. But it is all in good fun to get the interest high and the advertising revenue flowing. We know the truth and the truth is Montreal is better....

hehehehe I sound like a kid in the playyard, Ya my brother is bigger than yours.