Carey Price - On Of The Top 12 Junior Goalies In Canada

shortcat1

Carey Price is highlighted in an article about 12 goalies who are considered the best in Canada invited to a four-day camp starting Thursday in Calgary.

There, the article says that "the dozen netminders will work with goaltending consultants Ian Clark of the Vancouver Canucks and Sudarshan Maharaj of the New York Islanders." (whoever they are...)

The goalie in the photograph accompanying the article is Price and Price is also the one who's quoted for the article.

For your reading pleasure: :)

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_sto...168150&hubname=

:king: :hlogo: :king:

remember, ive got a western view of things....

taking price was the worst move the habs made in quite a while... Gilbert Brule was still available and went 6th to Columbus, and will more than likely be playing for them starting next year. Price, another BC boy, wont make any nhl team for 3-5 years, because he is a goalie, and still needs development....

ian clarke is pretty good, he has helped alex auld shrink the size of his ridiculous sized rebounds from going past the faceoff circle to staying near where he can dive on them. this camp will help price... but that was the wrong move!!!!!!!!

taking price was the worst move the habs made in quite a while ... Gilbert Brule was still available and went 6th to Columbus, and will more than likely be playing for them starting next year. Price, another BC boy, wont make any nhl team for 3-5 years, because he is a goalie, and still needs development....

ian clarke is pretty good, he has helped alex auld shrink the size of his ridiculous sized rebounds from going past the faceoff circle to staying near where he can dive on them. this camp will help price... but that was the wrong move!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to argue what will become of Brulé as an NHL player

Nevertheless, I do sense, especially with the words you use and the Vancouver (Canucks) pic as your signature, but most of all the nice big and red 'GIANTS ALL THE WAY THROUGH MONCTON!' that you may have a bit of a bias in your opinion.

Hey, I bet you even go & watch their games and wear their jersey with Brulé's number on it (all conjecture on my part, though).

I've got no bias for or against either player. I especially didn't have one before the draft. In fact, I leaned towards picking Anze Kopitar and was, like pretty well everyone else, shocked by the choice of Price.

Long term will tell.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

taking price was the worst move the habs made in quite a while... Gilbert Brule was still available and went 6th to Columbus, and will more than likely be playing for them starting next year. Price, another BC boy, wont make any nhl team for 3-5 years, because he is a goalie, and still needs development....

I've heard many times that when you enter a draft with your list of players in the order you would choose them you pick the best player available at the moment regardless of position. I'm sure even though it's all really a gamble, that Gainey and his staff had good reasons to pick Price over Brule. As far as Brule playing next year and price in 3 or 5? Who cares........Montreal is bottle necking somewhere between Hamilton and Quebec. Too much talent in the system that needs to be evaluated and given a good test run.

Just look at Hainsey. He couldn't find a spot on Montreal, yet he plays 30 mins with the blue jackets?

What's that tell your Western Thinking mind.

Being (maybe) ready for next year doesn't make him a sure bet. The Habs felt that Price is a better prospect.

I've eard many times that Brule's physical style is not going to work in the NHL because of is size. The NHL is about man, not boys. Will he be able to adapt? Will he be as good as a player by changing is style? The Habs saw this and felt that Price was the better prospect.

Who cares if Price is only ready 3 years after Brule. We have plenty of small forwards, didn't need another one with Brule.

Taking Price could end up being a bad move and it's possible the worst pick in a while but I'm fairly confident that won't be the case when you have picks like Urquhart over Bergeron, Chouinard over Gags, Ward over Hossa, etc and etc the list is long as it is for every team since 28 other teams passed over those players.

Price on the other hand could also end up being a great pick. I personally haven't been overly impressed by him but when I look at all the 1st round picks made since Savard/Timmins where here, it's a list with a lot of potential. Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Higgins, Komisarek, and Chipchura could all be future Habs and possibily impact players down the road. So I got to think the guys that picked Price know what they are doing and if they made a mistake, I can live with it if the others pan out.

I hope Price has a big season next year, perhaps Tri City will trade him cause they are looking at a very young and inexperienced team next year and they seem to have a good backup so they could likely get a good return for a high profile player like Price. Hipefully he also makes Team Canada as the starter, and I can bet baring a bad tournament, opinions would change on him. A shaky season and not making Team Canada while a leafs prospect is the starter likely has some fans more pissed right now but in the long term a lot can happen. I heard a bunch of crap from leaf fans at the wjc's 2 years ago when their pick from '04 Vorobiev outplayed our pick Emelin. I said then, Emelin is a year younger and will be back the next year whereas Vorobiev would be too old. From what I've heard Price was close to getting the backup job this year which may or may not be true, even heard the story about him not working out on game day and Sutter didn't like that. Price at this point stands a great chance of being this years starter and a good tournament will cause people to forget all about him not making it this year and not having a great sesason.

In time Gainey might have made a really smart move in getting a top notch goalie instead of another small skilled forward. I really like what I've seen of Brule but I would have concerns about his health and I've heard talk of attitude problems but that's just hearsay. I don't know if it's true, as my disclaimer but I read something about Brule making demands of the Jackets, saying they had to sign him to an NHL contract or he would go overseas to play. It could easily not be true or details were left out but I'd hate to see a rookie come in and make demands in any form. Others might not have any problem with it but to me I'd rather not have that kind of player (if true) although he likely will be a good one. I also believe that Gainey goes with character over skills and I'm cool with that for sure!

Does this make you smarter? I have an eastern view of things and think you are way off base!

It is too early to tell who will do what over the next few years. I didn't like the pick at first, however with Theo gone I now see why BG drafted Price.

It's all a crapshoot, and getting the right player takes luck sometimes.

I'll just name him Dryden jr if you don't mind :D

Dave Dryden Jr?

or

Ken Dryden Jr?

i'm confident that Price will be fine - more like Ken than Dave, IMO.