First Big Off Season Trade

Habsterr

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE MOTHER EXPLETIVE PIECE OF EXPLETIVE etc etc. Luongo 8 times a year makes me sick.

2) Why the heck is this in Habs talk?

3) Vancouver better be giving up a hell of a lot more then Bertuzzi because he is nowhere near Luongo's league.

This deal could have "future considerations" attached to it since both players are UFA's next year. If one of them signs a long term deal then the other team may have to add to the trade.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

TAKE THAT JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):D:D:D:D

I'm never going to hear the end of it now, stupid 'Nucks fans in BC...

Just thinking about it though, if they lose Jovo in the offseason (which I doubt), it's really just a sideways move.

Cup contender? Not yet.

That and I've got my fingers crossed that Luongo is one of those goalies who can't face 20 shots a night...

I'm never going to hear the end of it now, stupid 'Nucks fans in BC...

I think you're the one who needs the condolences my friend, I'll take Flames fans over Nucks fans any day. :lol:

Get prepared for all the Cup talk.

It's a good trade for both teams. Luongo ended up being unwilling to stay in Florida, so they had to trade him.

Florida gets Bertuzzi, who would have been their 2nd leading scorer by a wide margin. The team desparately needed a winger to give Jokinen some help. They get Allen, who had a wonderful season in Vancouver. He had the 3rd most minutes on the team and had a positive +/-. They lose Krajicek, but Allen is only 2 years older and Florida already has good offensive D-men in Hill, Van Ryn, Jackman, and Bouwmeester. Auld is a solid goalie and is a good NHL starter.

Maybe I'm underrating Luongo but I don't think this is a rip-off at all. Allen and Auld can both definitely play the game. Like Fanpuck, I think both teams win here BUT I don't think either improved significantly. If Florida signs a top level goalie (maybe trades for Aebischer) then I'd actually give Florida the edge. They're getting pieces that help them much more than Vancouver.

The Canucks are looking solid...move Cloutier for a defenseman is Nonis' next move.

Jovonaoski probably wont be back still, I wouldnt be surprised to see him in FLA>

Cloutier is going nowhere. He's injured and no one knows when he'll be able to play again. Vancouver's only hope in dealing him is by discovering the next Milbury.

Doesn't put us up there yet and unfortunately the less intelligent nucks fan will start creating bs which I cannot stop. But not all of us are dumb like them so don't call us as a whole stupid(canucks .com is ruled by em). So ignore them. ;)

Maybe I'm underrating Luongo but I don't think this is a rip-off at all. Allen and Auld can both definitely play the game. Like Fanpuck, I think both teams win here BUT I don't think either improved significantly. If Florida signs a top level goalie (maybe trades for Aebischer) then I'd actually give Florida the edge. They're getting pieces that help them much more than Vancouver.

I suppose you both have a point, I think I'm just upset about having to listen to BC's version of the Maple Laffs and how this year the Cup is coming home... Pathetic, just pathetic.

Anyhow, does anyone know how much Auld and Allen were making? I wonder if Vancouver gained, lost, or stayed the same in regards to cap space.

Doesn't put us up there yet and unfortunately the less intelligent nucks fan will start creating bs which I cannot stop. But not all of us are dumb like them so don't call us as a whole stupid(canucks .com is ruled by em). So ignore them. ;)

The fact you all cheer for the Canucks automatically puts your IQ at 0.

:P

Nooooo!!! Save your dignity. Vancouver fans are the equivalent of Toronto fans out West. Actually, kind of a mix between Toronto and Ottawa. But trust me, once you're out here, you'll either be brainwashed or you'll see the truth. The REALLY sad thing is that they think they're the most passionate hockey city in the world...

Hmm, yeah, I know what you mean. I should know why, but for some reason the answer is eluding me. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a specific playoff series though. I know they beat Calgary in a bitter series during their '94 run, but that's the only one I can think of at the moment.

I think the Canucks solved the goaltending problem for 1 year, we will see what Luongo does for a contract.

Now Nasland has nobody to protect him. This move only improved one area and weakend another. Better hope Carter resigns to play with the twins as that is the real line in Vancouver.