Gainey Confirming Aebischer On His Way Out ?

MightyFan

Gainey confirming Aebischer on his way out ?

Here a quote from http://www.src.ca/sports/hockey/2006/06/26/001-huet.shtml :

« Beaucoup de choses arriveront durant la prochaine semaine ou dix jours. [...] Je suis contre le fait d'avoir deux gardiens en compétition pour le poste de gardien no 1 », a indiqué Gainey en faisant référence à la situation qui prévalait au printemps chez le Canadien.

For those struggling with French, Gainey says he is against having two goalies fighting for the #1 goalie job ...

Well this is a good thing, im happy its not more then 3 years. Because since we have Danis and Price coming up Its going to help out club a lot. With Aebischer hopfully on the way out we can aquire some offensive fire power or amazing defense *cough* Pronger *cough* :D

Now all gainey has to do is sign Bouillon and the RFA excluding Ribiero.

:):) A tradable asset that desperate teams will want. Him accepting the offer gives us full rights

EXCELLENT!

That doesn't make sense. Gainey loved the platoon system idea and I don't get why the sudden change of heart unless it was a mistake in the article.

Gainey welcomed the competition between them last spring until Huet was chosen as their no. 1 to start the

play-offs,.........which ended the competition (if there was any) and Huet expectedly won it.

Anything you might have read about the goaltending situation coming from Gainey after that point had to be taken with a grain of salt since Gainey was entering the negociation process with Huet.........there where many good reasons for Gainey not to say clearly what he had '' truly'' on his mind until.....today.

Koivu must be happy today since he had publicly stated that bringing Huet back with the team would be Gainey's most important task during the inter-season.

If Gainey called Huet-Montreal a '' natural association '' I would call the Danis-Huet tandem an ideal situation.

Aebisher had two main functions to served within the CH plan......he is now entering the second part of his destiny here as a CH's asset to be traded.

That doesn't make sense. Gainey loved the platoon system idea and I don't get why the sudden change of heart unless it was a mistake in the article.

All I can think of is Gainey has faith in Danis as the backup. Danis showed he can play.

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1147

As I said in my article ^^^ on the Huet signing (shameless plug :D ), I think that Gainey would like to Keep Aebischer around as to push Huet to be he best, and vice versa.

It worked well with Theodore and Hackett back in the day. Huet was amazing last season, but he's still got to prove he can do it when he's the undisputed #1 goalie. If he falters, Aebischer would have a chance to show us what he can do.

Still, I'd personally rather have Danis as Huet's backup, I'm simply saying what I think Gainey might do, but Gainey's a very unpredictible kind of guy.

Price won't be ready for another 3-4 seasons. Cross him off your list.

I still think we should keep Aebischer around, it's only a matter of time before teams figure Huet out.

Price won't be ready for another 3-4 seasons. Cross him off your list.

I still think we should keep Aebischer around, it's only a matter of time before teams figure Huet out.

Teams had allegedly figured Huet out at the end of the season and during the playoffs... Still played pretty well, IMO... factor in a summer of training, and I anticipate a great year from Huet.

I think Montreal could get someone good from Tampa for Aebisher. Montreal might be able to get Richards, St. Louis or Lacalvalier (I doubt they would trad him though) for Aebisher and maybe someone else.