Higgins Signs A 1 Year Deal

huzer

Did he not make like 800 k or more last season? whats with this offer/arrangement... Could he have sacrificed his payroll so the Habs could be on a better monetary position? because unless he's fed up with the Habs I will bet (regarding he conitues his progression throughout next season) he'll be signing a multimillion contract come 2007-08 season

He made $900000.00 last year. I don't get it. I mean im sure it was a 2-way contract last year but he was with the big club for the whole year. Why would he sign for less after having a great first full year? Not complaining or anything it just doesn't make sense.

He made $900000.00 last year. I don't get it. I mean im sure it was a 2-way contract last year but he was with the big club for the whole year. Why would he sign for less after having a great first full year? Not complaining or anything it just doesn't make sense.

He might simply have a lot of bonuses. In any case, I'd rather have him than, for example, an aging Petr Sykora. Stick with the youth.

This is just speculation but I noticed that a lot of rookie contracts tend to dip a bit after their first year. Could this possibly be due to the fact that in their first year the players have to buy a home, get settled, etc? Also, they have to do all of this knowing very well that they could be moving back and forth if they get sent back to the farm team? Perhaps the inflated first year contract is designed to accommodate the general instability of being a rookie?

Edited by Talon

BG mustve seen Pirates 2 and got into the stealing mood himself... NOW GO STEAL GAGNE!!!

:hlogo:

The bonuses comment makes sense.

I just hope that next year's contract will be a multi-multi-year contract. From what we've seen, this guy's a keeper for his career.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Doesn't the new CBA have a restriction on young players salary wise...bonuses excluded? Before the latest CBA entry level contracts were usually 2-way contracts with roughly 1 million given for the NHL salary...this usually prevented players from not signing and going back into the draft. Komisarek, Hainsey, Hossa, etc all were being paid roughly 1 mill but guys that got drafted last year were getting less. Maybe Higgins has to take a small pay cut as he only played 1 year...but bonusues for goals etc. can be added. I could be way off.

If, as he has said, Higgins grew up as a Canadiens fan, then he'll probably be more prepared to do what he needs to do to stay a Canadiens for his complete career.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Higgins is the man, love this guy. He is an old school type habs. True Canadien. I would break the bank for this guy next year. He gives his heart and soul to this team, and plays his guts out every shift. I would have been devastated if we lost him, and frankly I thought he would have came with a 1.5-2.2 million price tag. He's 5 times the player as Ribs. This is amazing.

According to canadiens.com, Bob Gainey announced Monday the signings of prospects Mathieu Aubin (three years), Matt D’Agostini (three years) and Mikhail Grabovski (two years). As per club policy, financial terms of the deals were not disclosed.

LINK

:D :hlogo:

According to canadiens.com, Bob Gainey announced Monday the signings of prospects Mathieu Aubin (three years), Matt D’Agostini (three years) and Mikhail Grabovski (two years). As per club policy, financial terms of the deals were not disclosed.

LINK

:D :hlogo:

Awesome.

So Higgins get paid barely more than Streit.. this is no fair for him, he's so much better than him!

But eh, I won't complain. Best bang for the buck on the team!