Sykora, Rucinsky, Samsonov

habsfan88

This is just for discussion, so don't go nuts on me, but according to "Code" Montreal is talking to those 3 players at the moment but Samsonov is unlikely because he is most likely going to sign with Detroit.

Believe me, Code isn't that bad, he is pretty accurate.

he is pretty accurate, whats his site again and i rather not have ruchinsky lol hes old.

his blog is : insidethecode.blogspot.com

To read his forum posts, go to hockeynations.com and sign up to the forum so you can view it. He has live chats sometimes where you can ask him any questions and if he has accurate information on it he will reply.

And I would take Rucinsky. Yes, he's getting old but look at his stats! I would take him or Sykora at this point...well Samsonov too but as I said, he is going to the Red Wings i bet.

P.S - Don't forget about that Lang rumor that keeps buzzing around.

Edited by habsfan88

Hmmm... Rucinsky. Sounds familliar in a way...

I don't think this years UFA pool had anything other than Jason Arnott that was interesting. Now the Habs has signed Ribeiro so adding a UFA would not be very vise.

A trade on the other hand would solve so much more. Zednik and Aebischer.

one more thing i have to say about rumors, So many rumors are around and none of them get done lol its so funny how we want rumors so badly lol

Hey, its the offseason, no hockey is on lol I need something to excite me. As long as a rumor is from a decently legit source, or it just makes sense, I will discuss it with fellow fans.

And rumors can easily be true, as long as its not some nutcase who has no idea what he is talking about. But I believe sites like prosportsdaily.com and spectorshockey.net and insidethecode.blogspot.com to be a couple of credible sites, none like hockeytraderumors.com - stupidest site ever!

Was Rucinsky not run out of town once before because he stunk? What a waste of money bringing him back that would be. I always liked Sykora and Samsonov, however I would not break the bank for either guy. Both can be very good players if they decide to be.

Is there not a rumour about Gainey going after Lang from Detroit as they want to free some cap space?

seriously lol, but i love rumors to bad none of them happen like shanahan to mtl !!!!

The rumor of Shanahan to Montreal was a perfectly 100% true rumor. This is from the "Shanahan signs with New York" article from TSN.

"With room to spend, the Rangers targeted Shanahan, who has 598 goals - 15th on the NHL career list - and 634 assists with New Jersey, St. Louis, Hartford, and Detroit. He turned down equal or higher-valued deals from the Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens."

Shanahan had it narrowed down to Montreal and New York, but he just decided to go with the Rangers. The Shanny to Montreal rumor is a completely true rumor, it actually was talked about seriously. Thats what rumors are for.

So I would like to see them land Sykora or Rucinsky.

I hope they can acquire Lang via a trade to play with Kovalev. That'll give the line size and chemistry!

For whatever its worth, Code said:

1) Samsonov is Detroit bound

2) Zednik is on the block for the right offer (Lang)

3) Souray is not on the market

4) Aebi is on the market

5) The Habs are not in a hurry to trade Ribs

6) That getting info on the Habs was very difficult as they don't leak anything, but when he gets something, it's gold and pretty accurate (typical BG, keeping everyone in the dark)

7) Habs are very interested in Lang and reuniting him with Kovy

Nothing spectacular, pretty much stuff that we already knew.

Lang is my favorite option, especially for Zednik. Only a 1M$ increase in the cap and a 1 year contract, for something better to come along next year.

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

Rucinsky - please God, no. I hated that unreliable piece of crap.

Why aren't people jumping at Samsonov? He's still only 27 or 28 - his best years could be ahead of him after a rocky two or three seasons (from which players often emerge wiser and more focused). Early in his career he was considered something close to a superstar. Well worth a gamble, if the price isn't TOO ridiculous.

Sykora, meh. I can go either way on that one. I would like to hear some analysis of Samsonov, though.

For whatever its worth, Code said:

1) Samsonov is Detroit bound

2) Zednik is on the block for the right offer (Lang)

3) Souray is not on the market

4) Aebi is on the market

5) The Habs are not in a hurry to trade Ribs

6) That getting info on the Habs was very difficult as they don't leak anything, but when he gets something, it's gold and pretty accurate (typical BG, keeping everyone in the dark)

7) Habs are very interested in Lang and reuniting him with Kovy

Nothing spectacular, pretty much stuff that we already knew.

Lang is my favorite option, especially for Zednik. Only a 1M$ increase in the cap and a 1 year contract, for something better to come along next year.

as much as I believe Lang is wanted in mtl... Detroit would want a whole lot in return specially now that they are short up front! this means again 2 prospects and a ribeiro ribbon on top

Fleury and Rucinsky??? I like rumours but not when they say these guys are heading here. Rucinsky has sucked this place dry before and Fleury is also a guy who gets lots of stuff dry (beer bottles and other liqour cannisters) so NO Dont sign any of these two bums.

Add Theo Fleury to this list - BIG SIGH

Whateversports.blogspot.com

Another rumour site emerges :wacko:

Didn't Fleury overstay his welcome in the NHL.

This would be the biggest gamble Gainey would ever take as Fleury is the :king: of unreliability. I would not welcome this move as a ticking time bomb would be added to the Habs line up, YIKES!

Fleury's playing in the British leagues now, I think! He's not NHL calibre or if he is it remains to be seen...it's a silly rumor.

Samsonov = good acquistion at less than 4M

The main thing with Samsonov is although uber talented he takes too many nights off. View his playoff performance with the Oilers..In the clutch he was nowhere to be found.

What interests me in the Fleury rumour was that BG could be working on something else big that will be announced soon! Screw Fleury, what else is he working on?

Typical offseason stuff.

Call me an old internet hockey forums veteran, but about 0.5% of everything written during the offseason actually happens.

A year from now, I'll still be expecting rumors that "Montreal is interested in" Selanne, Lecavalier, Daze and about 30 different players. :P