David Aebischer Signs

brboo

Official :D

Now we have full right to move him. Until we actually had him signed, moving him would have been difficult.

NOT NOW.

Oh Mr. Holland, you out there? :D

BTW: On another board it's saying that we have obtained Mike Johnson for a pick. We'll see. This is completely a rumour, conjecture. Apparently the news will break shortly.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I'm confused. Wasnt this already done?

Aby is trade bait in a way, but I highly doubt Bob will move him just for the sake of doing something. I wont b surprised at all if Bob holds out untill the trade dead line, when his worth would be at its peak.

If Bob does trade him before the season starts, the Habs will get somebody good in return.

I'm confused. Wasnt this already done?

Aby is trade bait in a way, but I highly doubt Bob will move him just for the sake of doing something. I wont b surprised at all if Bob holds out untill the trade dead line, when his worth would be at its peak.

If Bob does trade him before the season starts, the Habs will get somebody good in return.

No they qualified him at 1.9 million, but he didn't accept it untill today.

There's a rumor going around that the Det-Belfour talks have broken down and now Holland is interested in Aebischer.

Official :D

Now we have full right to move him. Until we actually had him signed, moving him would have been difficult.

NOT NOW.

Oh Mr. Holland, you out there? :D

BTW: On another board it's saying that we have obtained Mike Johnson for a pick. We'll see. This is completely a rumour, conjecture. Apparently the news will break shortly.

Really. Mike Johnson put up some pretty good numbers. 60+ points once. a 3 time 20 goal scorer. Not bad for a pick as long as its a later round. Where did you hear this?

Trade him to Detroit for Lang!!

And Mike Johnson...not a bad player but I would prefer to see more of a scorer come our way. He usually loads up on the assists. We already have Koivu and Ribeiro..

Edited by habsfan88

There's a rumor going around that the Det-Belfour talks have broken down and now Holland is interested in Aebischer.

Really. Mike Johnson put up some pretty good numbers. 60+ points once. a 3 time 20 goal scorer. Not bad for a pick as long as its a later round. Where did you hear this?

Give us Datsyuk and we'll throw in an extra set of goalie sticks. :D

HF

Thx brboo, makes sense. I thought w/e I had previously read said he was signed.

Also, I read the Wings talks with Belfour are on hold because of Hasek, but Bob and Holland have been talking aboot something, but who really knows what they are planning.

Good news, as it makes it easier to trade him now that he's under contract, and it also means Montreal could have a very solid back-up next season.

Thx brboo, makes sense. I thought w/e I had previously read said he was signed.

Also, I read the Wings talks with Belfour are on hold because of Hasek, but Bob and Holland have been talking aboot something, but who really knows what they are planning.

I hope not. Hasek is done IMO. He's still a capable goaltender when he's healthy. But I don't think he can play a full year. Nor can eddy at this point. Holland would be smater to just resign legacy or trade for abby. It's terrible I think I just want to see a change just so it doesn't seem like we're not doing anything. Thank god i'm not running the team. :P

Trade him to Detroit for Lang!!

No clue why people want that. Lang would be an improvement, but IMO the Habs would get the short end of the stick in that deal. A good releiable goalie is more valuable than Lang, especially to a team that is in dire need of a goalie, but has several players of Langs calibure.

Give us Datsyuk and we'll throw in an extra set of goalie sticks. :D

:lol:

That would be a much better deal for the Habs, but the Wings would never go for that.

I'd much rather see Zednik go in exchange for Lang. :D

It's never a bad thing to have a capable reliable back up goalie, and I dont think Bob will move him if the Habs dont come out on top of any trade of Aby.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060722...1006/CPSPORTS01

not sure I believe him: «J'ai signé un contrat avec Montréal et je vais jouer pour Montréal avec l'intention d'y avoir du succès. Il n'a jamais été question d'un échange avec une autre organisation.»

quick simonus-quality translation:

"I signed a contract with montreal and I intend to have success playing in montreal. There was never a suggestion of a trade to another team."

It will be interesting to see who'll win the starting job ... it's like the Hackett - Théo story a few seasons back. I'm sure Huet will get more chances at the beginning of the season due to his performances last season but Aebischer surely will get chances to prove that he could do the same good job.

maybe he wont be traded after all. since he's aUFA at the end of the season, he 'll be in a power position. thus he'll try to make the best of the situation. at the end he will have played probably around 40 % of the games..then BAM !! gainey trades him for a 1st rounder and we win the cup !!

I bet Gainey is going to keep him until trade deadline. Might be able to pick up a first round pick for him as a goilie is destined to go down around playoff time. Look at how guys run the goaltenders now and the injuries that are going to occur.