Islanders Need A New Gm

MAK

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't make any sense....if I hear Mike Milbury is going to be the "interim" GM though, wow, Isles fans have it bad.

So wait they just hired this guy, let him sign Witt, Poti, Simon, Sillinger, so forth...and now he's out?

what I read is that he wasn't really in cherge of the team...some sort of a puppet. i'm sure they will announce lafontaine as their new GM.

hey nolan's reputation of trying to fire his GM WAS true :lol:

I'll bet money the Islanders were looking hard for players and did not flush the rights ones out, so after the last option "Peca" signed with the leaf's, his butt was toast.

I'm very keen on seeing what happens now. Was Ted Nolan the Islanders choice for coach or was that his pick? This will be another neat soap opera just waiting to be written.

p.s. that picture of Smith on TSN is classic! he looks like a deer caught in the headlights!

Edited by Chips

p.s. that picture of Smith on TSN is classic! he looks like a deer caught in the headlights!

:lol:

My guess is that the didn't like that he hired Ted Nolan? Though, I really don't know too much on the whole situation.

Sux to be a NYI fan right now tho.. all that uncertainty.

Sux to be a NYI fan right now tho..

is there any left ??

this team is the biggest joke. i'm that jeff loria and his smithers could do a better job at running the team

Oh! boy this is getting good now... fire SMITH hire SNOW and this is a quote...

"...Most importantly, Garth is a man of integrity, someone I trust will work hard, be creative and represent the Islanders with dignity." - Islanders owner Charles Wang

You don't hire someone and then fire them this quickly, in this league; unless something absolutely, terrible or totally un-trusting was done. The owners comments says it all I think...

flabergasted !!!

they should be denied of their 1st round pick(since they will finish in the bottom tier) next year. they're run like a beer league team

http://rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/208794.html

It's confirmed. Garth Snow, who played 20 games in net last season, is the new GM of the Islanders.

Garth Snow ????!!!!!! WHT Where are Islanders going??

I thought you were joking.. :blink:

As I looked for credentials on Mr. Snow, all I found is he attended the University of Maine. More trivialy

at Wikipedia.org: "According to former teammate Mike Peca, Garth Snow is the best trash-talker in the league. 'He's got such a wit and sense of humor like no other. [snow] says things that will cut you without being rude or obnoxious.'

this is the funniest thing i have heard of in 40 years of watching hockey. Only thing that comes close is when ballard fired punch imlach and then hired him back for the next game goota love the wing wang in new york or was that roger smith i cant remember

Its Now Garth SNow! WTF!!! he still has acontract for two more years

woudlnt it be neet if he played too

RDS.ca

Edited by CoRvInA