Habs Prospect Camp Review

Psycing

Looking forward to the read Macaskill; you've given us a little slice of ice on a warm summer in July. Much thanks!

Thanks again guys...

Rather than make a brand new thread, I've re-named this one as the official thread for discussion and/or comments on my final article.

You can read it by clicking here ----> Habs Prospect Camp Review

Enjoi the article, and the new pictures!

-Matthew Macaskill

Read it! Loved it! Brilliant! ah... it feels good to get my hockey fix in July!

This is just a retake of the note that I sent to you in the response box for your article:

Merci Matthew for the huge effort. This is obviously a 'labour of love' for you and it is received with great gratitude.

For those of us who weren't there, it gives us a nice picture of the development level of the prospects and an idea of where and how to improve.

I don't know how well the future stands for our team but there are certainly bright lights there.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Thanks again everyone :D.

I've got some 'stats' that you all might enjoy. There's a couple things I didn't include in the article, such as the teams for each side during the mini-game they had on the final day of camp. Also, after the game, there was a shoot-out, something fun for the players and even more fun for us (the fans) to watch, so I'll have the outcome of that at well.

White Team

#28 C Kyle Chipchura

#29 RW Matthew D'Agostini

#47 LW Sergei Kostitsyn

#68 RW Juraj Mikus

#70 LW Gregory Stewart

#15 RD David Fischer

#34 RD Philippe Paquet

#55 RD Jon Gleed

#88 LD Martin Frechette

#31 G Carey Price

Red Team

#36 RW James Wyman

#37 C Benjamin Maxwell

#54 C Ryan White

#78 C Mathieu Aubin

#84 LW Guillaume Latendresse

#3 RD Ryan O'Byrne

#59 LD Oskari Korpikari

#72 RD Mathieu Carle

#85 RD Cameron Cepek

#30 G Loic Locasse

Outcome: The White team won 11-10. Aubin, Latendresse, and Carle played together quite often. The game was played 3-on-3 and 4-on-4, switching the amount every 5 minutes. Sergei Kostitsyn really looked good for the white team, scoring 2 quick goals and assisting on several more. Aubin was clearly the best player for the Red Team, while Latendresse flattened David Fischer in open ice.

SHOOT-OUT

[G=Goal, M=Miss]

==========================

Goalie: Carey Price

Reds

Shooter - G/M

Cepek - G

Carle - G

Maxwell - M

White - G

O'Byrne - M

Korpikari - G

Wyman - G

Aubin - M

Latendresse - M

Goalie: Loic Locasse

Whites

Shooter - G/M

Mikus - G

Kostitsyn - M

Stewart - M

Chipchura - M

D'Agostini - M

Paquet - G

Gleed - M

Frechette - M

Fischer - G

Outcome: The Red Team won the Shoot-Out 5-3, wich Loic Locasse looking quite good.

out of the 19 prospects 11 are righthanded shooters Pretty swell!!!

it's quite a chenge fro the previous years

btw is Latendresse really only 6.1 ft?

Yeah.

Well, according the the page they handed out on the final day of practice that listed all the players and their sizes, shot, age, team they played for last season, etc.

Sounds smaller than expected eh? He's a big guy though, easily looked like one of the biggest guys on the ice... O'Byrne makes him look puny tho, lol.

O'Byrne looks and sounds like Chara's younger brother. I say lookout when he gets into the habs lineup in the near future, we are going to kick it up a notch!

Edited by Chips

here's a link you might be interested in.

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8...ded&order=0

I wasn't totally sold on latendresse but seeing that timmins as only praises for him encourages me.

good words on chipichura as well

In the last paragraph of this article, theres a reference to Roster players. Are they players who will be in Hamilton?

no they're the guys who where invited to the camp but most of them should play in hamilton