Where Do Most Of The Hw Forum Habs Fans Come From?

Psycing

Where do most of the HW Forum Fans come from?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you from?

• Montreal area
    • Quebec (Province, excluding Montreal)
    • Canada (Excluding Quebec)
    • USA
    • Europe
    • Australia
    • Asia
    • Other (Specify)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brockville, Ontario

Brockville!!!! lived there too for a few years in the late 90's

BUT born and raised in Montreal ... Pte. Claire to be precise ... grew up on Danny Galavan through all the glory years.

Did 3 years in Brockville, then 5 in Calgary/Edmonton and now in beautiful Victoria. And yes thank god for RDS ... gives me my Habs rush although the time difference sucks ...

Born in Montreal. Raised there till I was 7. Living in Laval for the past 10 Years.

Wassup fHABulous we are paesano's!! Meaning from the same place in Italian!!

GO HABS GO

Hey paesano!!! im italian too!!! A proud world cup champion in the Blood!!!!

where abouts in laval?? i'm in laval-des-rapides....it's easy to see me on the streets....the only car with a montreal canadiens flag still on !!!

Almost 100 votes and Montreal is getting smoked by Canada, wow. Who woulda thought that this board would have more Habs fans from outside of Montreal (and Quebec) than in it?! [i did. I did. ;) ]

Very interesting indeed.

Hmm, Sudbury almost has more Habs fans than Montreal does. :P

Well, I might as well add to the "Sudbury" option! Actually, to be specific, it's Chelmsford :).

I've been living in Ottawa for the past 2 years now though. Which isn't bad cause I'm only a few hours from the Bell Centre now :)

From Long Cove, Newfoundland originally, now living in Calgary, Alberta where we've just hit 1,000,000 humans - many of whom are my "countrymen".

On the first night of the playoffs back in '86 I decided, due to the fact my father was a Bruins' fan, to become a Habs' fan. I recall this skinny dude named "Wha", "Wa" - something like that - stopping everthing...well, nearly everything...the Broons fired his way on route to a 3-1 victory. Then, a few weeks later, #23...along the way I learned that "Roy" :king: is not pronounced the same in French as it is in English

Like a gambler winning the jackpot on his first pull of slot machine's arm, I've been hooked ever since. There have been times when it's been agonizing and heartbreaking (i.e. '89) but remembering '93 makes it all worthwhile...that and the fact that my none of my Leafs' fan buddies ever saw their team hoist the cup :lol:

Edited by AccuHab

Whoooo Sudbury rules! Seriously, give us our own option mahn ;)

I'm new to Sudbury, living in the South end, is there any pubs or bars (In the South end) that show Habs games?

Doubt it. Your best bet is Expressvu Center Ice. That's how I pass the winter ;)

And at Maca, Seriously that's 5. That's more then other, Asia, and Australia combined. :D

Haha, seriously, what's the deal? The Habs should have a pre-season game or something in Sudbury.

I am from PEI originally, but have lived overseas since 1994, first in S. Korea and now in the United Arab Emirates. My Dad was a Habs fan as is my brother(and soon, my son as soon as he is old enough-- he already has a jersey. Some of my favorite family memories are sitting around the TV watching Montreal win in the playoffs especially 1986 and 1993

Welllllllllllllllllllll...................

Sudbury has just moved again! This time it's in the world's smallest 'nation', Vatican City. :o

Come and check us out at the CCC (College of Cardinals Center). :hockey::hockey:

We skate only on frozen holy water taken from the Holy See (no spelling error here). :hockey::hockey::hockey:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Port Colborne Ontario. Home of Ted Kennedy, who Montreal traded away and went on to a great career as a leaf....DOH

Port Colborne is a little seaside community about 30 mins South West of Niagara Falls.

habs fan since I was little somewhere around '85 '86.

I'm new to Sudbury, living in the South end, is there any pubs or bars (In the South end) that show Habs games?

Not likely... you're living in Leafsland here.

I teach in the south end on Loach's Road and almost ALL of the parents (and kids) are Leafs fans. It makes for some fun mutual jabs. :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool:

:hlogo: montreal !!

-----------------------

"It is a well known and very important fact that America's founding fathers did not like taxation without representation. It is a lesser known and equally important fact that they did not much like taxation with representation."

John Kenneth Galbraith

Not likely... you're living in Leafsland here.

I teach in the south end on Loach's Road and almost ALL of the parents (and kids) are Leafs fans. It makes for some fun mutual jabs. :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool:

Well, I lived in Barrie before this, so I know what it is like to be a Habs fan surrounded by the enemy...but I have noticed more habs fans here then I ever did in Barrie.

I guess I'll have to order RDS....hopefully my girlfriend doesn't mind 82 games....perhaps I should buy a second television.