Gainey Signs Extension

Psycing

Gainey will be with us through the 2009-2010 season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=172201&hubname=

Great news to me, this way Gainey can continue to work through with his plans and enjoy being able to see some of the prospects and players he brought into the organization grow and hopefully help the Habs to a lot of success.

Great news! I found the official link here and posted it to the front page:

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=5121

The article mentions that the Habs added a few people to their management side. Michel Boucher has a great deal of hockey experience, with over 25 years, particularly on the junior hockey scene in Quebec. He and Denis Morel, a former NHL referee who retired from the NHL in 1994, will be covering scouting in Quebec. Doug Gibson was the New York Islanders head scout for Canada for the last 2 years, and was a former pro player in the 70's. He's also coached at the AHL level.

It's likely that Gibson was let go by the Islanders, or left willingly, under the recent turn of events on Long Island. I like the fact that an additional person will be added to the Quebec area, to replace Andre Savard and complement Trevor Timmins, who also scouts this area a great deal.

Class! he is just a class act; Best off season signing for the habs! Go habs Go!

great news

they seem to come to senses with scouting in the Q

michel boucher and denis morel.

now please sign trevor timmins longtime

Super signing! :clap: :bow: :hlogo: :bow: :clap:

As important as, if not more important than, any of the signings that have taken place so far. Much more crucial for the team than any one player. :hlogo: :hlogo:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

the days of mediocrity are now officially over.

for the 1st time I don't wounder if the team will make the playoffs, I wounder how many rounds will they make

I don't wounder if the drafts picks will busts but more of when will they make the jump.

it's been over 10 years since we had that kind of stability

Nice to have Bob on board for 4 more years - awesome signing! :hlogo:

BTW. It seems like Denis Morel never was a scout before ...?

perhaps but he's been on the ice with the best so I'm pretty sure he can judge young talent

Edited by marky_and_komi

By far the best signing for the habs and one of the best in the NHL! how many teams would be willing to pick this guy ISOFACTO!

were in good hands my friends! cant start anything without that!

we are set up for a good run through the rest of the decade, the idea is we should be serious contenders for the Habs 100 anniversary of course, glad that is coming together, better if we could win a couple/few in a row like in the dynasty years, but maybe that isn't possible in a 30 team league with the cap. Anyway I digress -- great to see the commitment from ownership and Gainey -- this will rub off on the players for sure!