To All You Downey Skeptics..... Just Watch :-)

Drivefor25

yes, good fight...but I hate to burst your bubble, he rarely wins a fight. Good character guy just not a great fighter. Garth Murray fought more than this guy last year.

Check out his fight re-caps in the NHL. He has only won 3 fights in 3 years, lost 7 with the rest being draws. I will give him credit...he doesn't back down from anybody as he has fought Fedoruk, Worrell etc.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/66

Just an FYI on other guys that scrapped on the team last year...according the hockeyfights.com.

Souray won all four of his matches.

Rivet also went undefeated 1 win, 2 draws

Murray won 1, lost 4 with 1 draw

Komisarek won 1 and had a draw in the other.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

I guess all teams need an 'enforcer' or something like that.

It's too bad, in a way, but that's the way it is, I guess.

If he's to be our enforcer/defender well then... there you go. :wacko:

:king: :hlogo:

I like what Downey brings to the team, grit, power, and some leadership. He looks like a great player to have around your team. I loved what i read about when they said he gave 10 Pound bags of potatos from his parents farm to all the players lol.

I like what Downey brings to the team, grit, power, and some leadership. He looks like a great player to have around your team. I loved what i read about when they said he gave 10 Pound bags of potatos from his parents farm to all the players lol.

from now on, he shall be known as spuds downey

Let's just wait for Jimmy Bonneau ... :D B)

It may be a long time before Bonneau makes the bigs... if he ever does.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

It may be a long time before Bonneau makes the bigs... if he ever does.

cant skate

Avery does have an offensive touch though...

pretty frigging offensive all right. if avery comes to montreal, I 'll a buy a season ticket behind the bench and I'll give so much crap he'll feel sorry to be here..the guys a moron and we don't need morons.

No enforcer needs skating ... :P;)

nowadays you need to be able to follow on the ice...thats why laraque didn't play much last year in edmonotone

nowadays you need to be able to follow on the ice...thats why laraque didn't play much last year in edmonotone

Was just joking and yea, that's why I didn't want to see Laraque signing a contract with the HABS this summer. He's not even an average skater, it wouldn't make much sense to dress such a guy.

Was just joking and yea, that's why I didn't want to see Laraque signing a contract with the HABS this summer. He's not even an average skater, it wouldn't make much sense to dress such a guy.

anyway, I'm glad that we have Spuds, he know his role a accepts it. futhermore he does a great job.

Just watch........... need I say more????? Didn't think so!!!!

that was the shizzzzzzzzzzle,

here is a cool one for him to do that with the Habs this year :P

This is likely old news but I just ran into it a minute ago on CBSSPORTSLINE.COM.

It states that Raitis Ivanans signed with LA on July 13, 2006.

I know that it's no great loss for the team because it didn't seem like he fit the bill as an enforcer.

But, if it's old news... there you go...

If it's new news... there you go...

This is likely old news but I just ran into it a minute ago on CBSSPORTSLINE.COM.

It states that Raitis Ivanans signed with LA on July 13, 2006.

the manchester monarhs will love him :lol:

• 2 months later...
Pulled this thread out of the archives only because Downey's little dance with Neil the other nite sucked. I'm surprised no-ones brought that up. All that guy does is pull on shirts and spin.

I know that fighting is down but geez- louise can't we find someone that throw's better then that guy.

they all fight like girls nowadays. they should beat each other with their sticks.