Carter Finally Signs

Mr. Nasty

If i look at the NHL.COM sheet, is says for a "Over $2.0 million to $3.0 million" offer stands : First and third-round choice

klik

BTW you think Leclaire will be ready for a whole season?

Ouch, with that little compensation, MacLean pretty much would be forced to match the offer. No way he'd let Nik leave for a 1st and 3rd rounder.

I think LeClaire is absolutely ready to be the #1 guy. By the end of last season, it was pretty clear he had surpassed Denis' level of play. After the Olympic break, he had an outstanding .925 SV%. And that was done with Adam Foote out of the lineup for a good deal of time, as well as Berard. With those two healthy and Suchy gone, I think there will be less pressure on the Jackets' goaltenders.

Ouch, with that little compensation, MacLean pretty much would be forced to match the offer. No way he'd let Nik leave for a 1st and 3rd rounder.

I think LeClaire is absolutely ready to be the #1 guy. By the end of last season, it was pretty clear he had surpassed Denis' level of play. After the Olympic break, he had an outstanding .925 SV%. And that was done with Adam Foote out of the lineup for a good deal of time, as well as Berard. With those two healthy and Suchy gone, I think there will be less pressure on the Jackets' goaltenders.

Fanpuck33 I think you are right that this team will be better this year. Having Foote back at 100% makes a big difference. Carter is better than everyone thinks as it took him to get the twins in Vancouver to finally get out of their shell.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

But playing on the top 2 lines in CLB wont hurt his point total, with guys like Nash/Vyborny/Fedorov

Precisely, it's not like Carter was just another schmuck before he played for the Canucks. He was already a premiere forward in the game.

Carter a premier forward? Are you joking? In 9 seasons, he's never had more than 60 points and has only topped 50 points 3 times. Heck, Mike Ribeiro's topped 50 points twice, one time topping 60. I don't think anyone is calling Ribs a premier forward in the league. Anson Carter is an average goal scorer, nothing more.

Carter a premier forward? Are you joking? In 9 seasons, he's never had more than 60 points and has only topped 50 points 3 times. Heck, Mike Ribeiro's topped 50 points twice, one time topping 60. I don't think anyone is calling Ribs a premier forward in the league. Anson Carter is an average goal scorer, nothing more.

Fanpuck now that is just insulting comparing him to Ribs :D

And please, tell me when he's had this much talent around him. I'm guessing you never watched him as an Oiler, he was a leader there and had his best seasons there. Then he got jumbled around from hapless team to hapless team getting no support at all and now he's back on a team with a lot of offensive support.

Ribs has always had more support around him with guys like Koivu, Ryder and Kovalev. Carter never had, he either was on teams with no talent or teams with no players because they were always injured. Comparing him to Ribeiro is asinine, theres more to his game then Riberios and obviously points won't show it. Stats are like a bikini, they only show you a little bit.

I hate when people rely on stats for a sports argument.

Of course stats don't mean everything, but when it comes to Carter, he is a very average second liner. Same with Ribeiro. Carter obviously has more of a physical presence, but in terms of production, he's no better.

Both Sedins had over 70 points. Carter only had 55. Ribeiro had similar point totals playing with guys who weren't producing nearly as well as the Sedins did. In terms of offensive production, which is the reason the Jackets signed Carter, he was an average forward. Premier forwards put up big points or play super defensive hockey. Carter is average at both.

Yeah, ok.

I personally think his defensive game is superb but I'm not in the mood for a debate so I'll just leave it alone.

Aah C'mon Jet, you can do better than that. You lazy boy :D

But i agree a bit with you, but im not saying he 's premier. But i think he has in CLB the same amount of talent around him than he had in Vancouver, so he should be able to get the same amount of points. Or somewhere around it!

But i agree a bit with you, but im not saying he 's premier. But i think he has in CLB the same amount of talent around him than he had in Vancouver, so he should be able to get the same amount of points. Or somewhere around it!

That's just my point. He's a good player, not a premier player. People go see games to watch the premier players. People go to games to watch guys like Nash and Zherdev. People don't go to game to watch #77 unless its Ray Bourque or Paul Coffey.

Yeah, I am just being lazy. :lol:

Carter has talent in my eyes and thats all I really need so screw it. I'm busy with all the new stuff I just went out and bought. If Carter plays the way I expect him to, Fanpuck will see it soon enough anyway. :P