Latendresse To Win Calder?

C-Love

Wolski is yet another volatile winger... did he make team canada jr?? cause Chip was their captain ;)

wolski vs chip

is the 1970s comparison of drafting Bob Gainey over ... who? Rejean houle? :P

Thats funny. Wolski has 6 points in 9 regular season games, and had 4 points in 8 playoff games. Chipchura hasn't sniffed NHL action. World Jr.s??? Puhhhlease....Wolski is the better player, and Montreal didn't choose wisely.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing could be worse than Latendresse winning the Calder. Nothing. Just like Ryder winning it would have been horrible. Think of the contract issues we've had with Ryder in the last two years and he was just a runner up. Now imagine if he'd won.

Think of the Theo fiasco.

No, if it's at all possible, I'd be very happy to see no habs ever win a statistical prize ever again. Team play to win the Cup, that's all I want to see.

PS: Matt, the auto edit from H-a-b to habs is annoying. :P H-a-b is just the singular form of habs!

I would love to see Latendresse on a line with Ryder and Koivu. But that would demote Higgins to the second line. And remember that Higgins is a center and should work well with Samsonov and Kovalev.

Everyone is forgetting how injury prone a few of our top forwards have been in the last few years, there is a very good chance that Lats will be playing on one of the first two lines this year, when someone goes down with an injury. If he is playing well on the 3rd and 4th line, he will be the first to get the promotion to one of the top lines when someone goes down. If Malkin gets hurt (as many predict he will) I think it is anyone's trophy to win, Lats included.

Havent read the chats here on this topic... although Im more than happy for us getting Lat's on... I can't but feel a bit edgy that he and his dad threatened to go back to elegible draft status if he wasnt kept in the big Club this season...

I mean it could show how determined and passionate he is ... its ambition good yeah! but still have a few reservations.

• 3 weeks later...

ummmmmm, Malkin has played one game..... and in his first nhl game last night he scored his first nhl goal, Malkin is gonna win the calder

Okay, no joke. Latendresse has a 1% chance of winning Calder along with Wolski and Brule

Did anyone just see Malkins goal on Brodeur, OMG, It was amazing, best goal of the season so far

See the highlights at NHL.com, OMG Brilliant........................................................Brilliant

Malkin is gonna win the calder, except if he has a huge injury

Malkin :clap: congrats

I honestly that when it's said and done, Malkin will end up having as good if not a better career than Crosby and/or Ovechkin. I got to see him play live at the Olympics against Sweden and he was easily the best player on the ice. He was playing with two Russian leaguers, Maxim Shushinky and another guy who I've forgotten; Malkin made them look like the Guy Lafleur and Steve Shutt. He was dominant in every facet of the game, I couldn't believe how much better he was than I thought he'd be.

(Though I did pick Gilbert Brule to win the Calder... but only because I thought Malkin would be out for three months or so... Over 70 GP, Malkin wins in a walk).

Okay, no joke. Latendresse has a 1% chance of winning Calder along with Wolski and Brule

Did anyone just see Malkins goal on Brodeur, OMG, It was amazing, best goal of the season so far

See the highlights at NHL.com, OMG Brilliant........................................................Brilliant

Malkin is gonna win the calder, except if he has a huge injury

Malkin :clap: congrats

man oh man oh man!!!!! the penguins are tied with the habs in points and games....but did you see the young talent??? and the chemistry REALLY looks good...all i can say is...i cant wait to see them in montreal!!!! montreals D better be good!

man oh man oh man!!!!! the penguins are tied with the habs in points and games....but did you see the young talent??? and the chemistry REALLY looks good...all i can say is...i cant wait to see them in montreal!!!! montreals D better be good!

Yeah, just check out who scored the 4 goals for them to beat New Jersey. Malkin with 2, Crosby with 1 and Staal with 1. Their last 3 1st round picks.

Things are looking GOOD in Pittsburgh's future.