Division Series

simonus

To be honest, I'm quickly becoming an anti-anti Yankee fan. So many people just bash them constantly, that I'd prefer to cheer for them instead. So, here's to a NY-NY series (I'm from NY originally, so I might as well cheer for my home state).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate the yankees I hate the system. To me hating the yankees is the equivalent of hating the Leafs if your a canadian hockey fan. You precieve a bias towards Toronto teams. Well here in the midwest or fly over country we see the media only care about the east coast teams and if they do care about teams outside the east coast its always a west coast team.

For example the Cardinals have Albert Pujols. Just think of how much attention/admiration/love he would get in New York. They'd be naming subway cars after him.

But since he's in a midwest town its. eh, okay great player then switch topics.

Well here in the midwest or fly over country we see the media only care about the east coast teams and if they do care about teams outside the east coast its always a west coast team.

And considering I am an east coaster, I can see it. I do get sick of the constant adoration that the Yankees have thrust upon them by the media. It's just en vogue to be a Yankee hater now, though, that I'll like them. Hehe.

I mean watch PTI and Around the Horn. Whenever Collishaw starts talking about hockey he gets muted. Whenever he says something anti east coast he gets muted. Then there was Woody Paige but he moved to New York. So when they get Jim Armstrong on there from Denver he gets treated horribly.

Then on PTI its Yankees-Soxs Yankee Soxs. Tom Brady, Tom Brady, Tom Brady and Larry Brown lol!

So annoying. Which is funny because more and more people are moving west. I'm moving west for example. lol.

Oklahoma City is going to either get a basketball team soon. San Antonio is now a front runner in football. Salt Lake City I would be shocked if it got a hockey or football team. Las Vegas. Portland.

Pretty soon the East Coast in the american sports team will feel like my local ford dealership: old and smells like moth balls. Meanwhile the Toyota dealership (west coast/mountains) feels alive.

Its even worse for college sports.

Its even worse for college sports.

I disagree about college sports. the only footbal teams in the Northeast are Boston College, Rutgers, Temple, UConn, Army and Navy. and the funny part is Navy is doing something remarkable, with the wars they are still able to feild a potenial Top 25 team in the Country.

But in basketball i can see where your coming from

cough*baseball thread*cough

I was kinda hoping that the mets would do good but without their two best starter, it will become harder as it goes

I know I was rooting for them to lose. lol. Now I'm like how far can Albert carry them because they have no pitching after Carpenter and they've got minor leaguers in the bull pen. But hey atleast this Wainright kid can get people out in the 9th. Izzy sucked, always through gopher balls. Glad he threw is arm out, that creep.

wow!! Do I know baseball or what :lol:

No worries, I picked the Twins too.

Unless it involves the Red Sox or Blue Jays though, I really couldn't give a rats ass about the MLB playoffs. Theres a potential that 3 of the 4 first round series will be sweeps. Don't you just love the competition? :rolleyes: