Where Will The Next Two Nhl Franchises Be?

The-Habby2919

13 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the next two teams be?

• Winnipeg, Hamilton
    • Winnipeg, Quebec
    • Winnipeg, Kansas City
    • Winnipeg, Hartford
    • Hamilton, Hartford
    • Hamilton, Quebec
    • Hamilton, Kansas City
    • Quebec, Kansas City
    • Quebec, Hartford
    • The Bettman Special.... Hartford and Kansas City

I think the NHL will expand again by 2010.. whether its 2 teams or more. If Bettman had his way they'd be in markets like New Orleans and Oklahoma City. I think Pittsburgh will stay or get a new team if the Pens move.

:hlogo:

No if Bettman had his way he'd but a team in East Rutherford since then Devils are moving to Trenton.

Isnt that like a 10 mile move for them?

will like 20 but who's counting.

If Bettman's still around you'll see teams in

Vegas, Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake, Oklahoma, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Kansas City, Sacremento, Anchorage, Boise, Omaha, Fargo before they even decide to put another team in Canada.

Meanwhile did you see the article that was on yahoo I think about the decline of hockey in america? It basically said why in the world is Bettman wanting to put teams in the US when they are losing interest? And Canada's dollar is stronger then ever.

Yeah I read Kansas Citys argument for a team too... apparently the city is a "Sports Mecca". Aside from building the new Sprint Center they said that an NHL team would do great there because they sold 12000 tickets to a preseason game in 59 days. Montreal would sell that in a minute!!

Nah.. Id say 32 teams would be good, half make the playoffs, half dont.

I also think that they should put teams in places that would appreciate them.. ALA Canadian cities.

There's too many teams already. It's diluting the talent pool for the game.

I say no more franchises and move the failing ones in the States back to Canada.

yeah I dont understand why there are teams in Nashville, Atlanta,pheniex and all the southern states

Im a beleiver that there shouldnt be a team south of DC. Move those teams to Canada or Portland, Maine some places like that

Hamilton will never get a franchise. They can't even sell tickets for minor league games.

irrelevant. montreal cant have a junior team in its wider area

yeah I dont understand why there are teams in Nashville, Atlanta,pheniex and all the southern states

Im a beleiver that there shouldnt be a team south of DC. Move those teams to Canada or Portland, Maine some places like that

Maines largest city is Portland... thats like putting a team in Saint John NB.

I said minors (AHL), not junior. It is very relevant.

Hamilton also had a preseason NHL game and had less than ten thousand. Pitiful

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...l=1112274690807

And how many times has Atlanta had a hockey team? 2

How many people show up for Atlanta sporting events? very few

Why? everyone with money in the town is a transplant and roots for there own teams

So you're hamilton senario doesn't wash.

St. Louis always has some exhibition NBA game come here but does anyone show up? No. Because its pointless its exhibition season. Game doesn't mean anything so why show up?

People won't stop watching in Canada. They never have watched in the US. In the US the sport is a niche sport. And why in the life of me does Bettman not see this. He'll go oh our arenas are full. Thats because the only hockey fans you have go to the games. Nobody watches it on tv. Hockey will always be a Northeast/Canada/Northern Plains sport. I doubt people in florida care about there hockey team. There is no average fan in the NHL. Its either you're a diehard fan or don't care about the sport. Americans don't care about the sport. Its time Bettman to realize his crusade of putting hockey where it doesn't snow and doesn't belong to end and move the teams North.

People won't stop watching in Canada. They never have watched in the US. In the US the sport is a niche sport. And why in the life of me does Bettman not see this. He'll go oh our arenas are full. Thats because the only hockey fans you have go to the games. Nobody watches it on tv. Hockey will always be a Northeast/Canada/Northern Plains sport. I doubt people in florida care about there hockey team. There is no average fan in the NHL. Its either you're a diehard fan or don't care about the sport. Americans don't care about the sport. Its time Bettman to realize his crusade of putting hockey where it doesn't snow and doesn't belong to end and move the teams North.

Hockey is a business now and as much as I hate to admit it, hockey will most likely never leave the city’s where the Owners use it properly to alleviate some of their tax pressure and bring in some revenue during the playoffs it will stay.

If hockey were not a Business it would be amazing to go to 24 teams and have an Original Six Division!!!

Hockey has had higher ratings in the US than it does now.

Much of the reason bettman wanted a more national approach to franchise expansion was to make the NHL more attractive to national broadcasters.

actually Tampa Bay is pretty successful down there, my grandfather lives down there, moved from NJ and alot of people moved to the tampa bay area from the northern part of the US cause of health problems, They draw alot of fans, especially now because the Bucs are playing like poop this year and they dont have a basketball team in the area. my point is some southern citys are good for it like Tampa Bay

Yes but that's Tampa. Panthers and Atlanta should move. Atlanta never supports local teams as I said above.

But Bettman will probably move a team to Houston which in opinion is a horrible I idea and I'm going to croak.

Wouldn't mind another mountain time zone team. (Salt Lake)

But They've got to go back into Canada.