Season Standouts

umpalumpa55

Nothing wrong with this thread!

If people take it off topic it could be but all the thread starter is asking is who has stood out in the first two games... positive or negative not that the negative guys should be traded.

For me Perezhogin has been the most consistent player on the ice, Ryder played really well against Buffalo and Kovalev and Samsonov have seem uninterested in many of their early shifts.

But there are 80 games left!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how its even possible to make comments on players 2 BACK-TO-BACK games in the season.

Pointless.

For anybody who has actually watched the games its not that hard. Its just a matter of giving an opinion on who you think has played well in two games this year. Its quite easy to see that so far a few guys have struggled and a few guys have stood out and the rest haven't really either been good or bad. But to noticed you'd have to have actually watched a game.

For anybody who has actually watched the games its not that hard.

Hmmm... So I take it you haven't watched games:

Considering it has only been 2 games its really hard to say who has been good and who has been bad.

:huh:

Hmmm... So I take it you haven't watched games:

:huh:

I only saw the game versus Toronto, I believe the line of Koivu, Higgins, and Ryder were effective and active. If they continue at this level for the entire season they will definitely be a line other teams will have to pay attention to. :)

i dont know what the ###### happened......more than half my post got cut off....I HATE STUPID 26K INTERNET I HAVE AT CAMP...I PUT SO MUCH EFFORT INTO THAT GODDAMN POST.....lets see if the boys can match my effort when the play the flying poo nuggets on wednesday

How can you give an idea on season standouts in 2 games? I swear some of the threads on here lately are quite puzzling? Trading players after there first game, benching people. Now this thread, ugh come on guys.

Quiet down u.....and all the other ppl badmouthing my thread....its supposed to be early season standouts.

obviously u cant judge a person by 2 lowsy games....but i wanted an interesting thread that talked about all the players and their production in the first 2 games, or lack of.

Im sick of the same old threads like " Rivet...another Dman under fire" or "what should we do with souray" ...i mean how many interesting posts can be made for those types of threads. And who the ###### cares about rivet :D hahaha(kidding)

Thats why i made this one...and it would have been interesting if my starting post didnt get cut off.

so can u thread critics please chill B)

Edited by umpalumpa55

i dont know what the ###### happened......more than half my post got cut off....I HATE STUPID 26K INTERNET I HAVE AT CAMP...I PUT SO MUCH EFFORT INTO THAT GODDAMN POST.....lets see if the boys can match my effort when the play the flying poo nuggets on wednesday

Quiet down u.....and all the other ppl badmouthing my thread....its supposed to be early season standouts.

obviously u cant judge a person by 2 lowsy games....but i wanted an interesting thread that talked about all the players and their production in the first 2 games, or lack of.

Im sick of the same old threads like " Rivet...another Dman under fire" or "what should we do with souray" ...i mean how many interesting posts can be made for those types of threads. And who the ###### cares about rivet :D hahaha(kidding)

Thats why i made this one...and it would have been interesting if my starting post didnt get cut off.

so can u thread critics please chill B)

Its okay this is a thread democracy.

I didnt need to add anything more.

Because that would require you to actually watch a game and know what your talking about.

I only saw the game versus Toronto, I believe the line of Koivu, Higgins, and Ryder were effective and active. If they continue at this level for the entire season they will definitely be a line other teams will have to pay attention to. :)

Unfortunatley not nearly as effective as in the Buffalo game.

The Plekanec, Samsonov Kovalev line looks good, but nothing is happening. Its really weird to watch.

Because that would require you to actually watch a game and know what your talking about.

Because less is more. And giving out miss-informed opinions is a surefire way to ruin one's credibility.

Another way to ruin one's credibility is also contradicting yourself. Or telling "you to actually watch a game and know what your talking about" to someone who watched games and know what he's talking about; which incidently happens to be another ironic self-contradiction.

Edited by KoZed

The Plekanec, Samsonov Kovalev line looks good, but nothing is happening. Its really weird to watch.

That line has looked like ass. Sammy skates around, Plekanec digs once in a while, and Kovalev is, well, Kovalev. I haven't seen anything about that line to get excited about yet, and Pleks has been horrid on faceoffs. Thankfully, it's only game 2, so there's still plenty of time for them to get used to each other. Koivu, Higgins, Ryder finished the year together, and the 2nd line has only been together for a handful of games.

That line has looked like ass. Sammy skates around, Plekanec digs once in a while, and Kovalev is, well, Kovalev. I haven't seen anything about that line to get excited about yet, and Pleks has been horrid on faceoffs. Thankfully, it's only game 2, so there's still plenty of time for them to get used to each other. Koivu, Higgins, Ryder finished the year together, and the 2nd line has only been together for a handful of games.

Yeah Samsonov has looked disinterested at times, as well as Kovalev as most Russians do, but Plekanec has looked very good, and its very hard for a young kid to be excellent on faceoffs. Yet I would not say he has looked horrid. It'll come around in time. Kovalev and Plekanec are getting shots, and decent shots. Samsonov not so much, but they've all been making nice passes and they look good out there together. If one of them decides that they'll start shooting more and looking for each other less, they'll probably start popping some goals.

But they haven't looked bad. And defensively they've looked better than I thought they would. These guys actually backcheck, unlike Mike Ribeiro.

Because less is more. And giving out miss-informed opinions is a surefire way to ruin one's credibility.

Another way to ruin one's credibility is also contradicting yourself. Or telling "you to actually watch a game and know what your talking about" to someone who watched games and know what he's talking about; which incidently happens to be another ironic self-contradiction.

And still another post with absolutley nothing to do with the Montreal Canadiens, or anything hockey related....keep 'em coming

And still another post with absolutley nothing to do with the Montreal Canadiens, or anything hockey related....keep 'em coming

"You just cut and paste threads" has something to do with the Montreal Canadiens or hockey?

Anyone else get the feeling that KoZed and kaos are actually the same person...kinda like Shmeegol and Gollum...having an identity crisis, my preciousssssss??? :P

My 2 cents on standouts is the third line. I think particularly Bonk. I know it may sound strange to you learned Habs fans but Bonk is vastly improved, even if it's only 2 games in. Perezhogin looks way better as well, skating hard and working a lot more consistently. And that is exactly what this team needs, consistent performances.

We may not get all lines consistently performing for a while yet, but I feel less concerned about our 2nd line with the 1st and 3rd doing more than their share to start the season.

And for what it's worth, the nitpicky thread arguments, though mildly amusing, take away credibility from all involved. And for the record, not that either of you care, I appreciate many of the things both kaos and KoZed have to say.

Can anyone else hear Kumbaya in the background??? Shortcat1...anyone...

:P:P:P

And for what it's worth, the nitpicky thread arguments, though mildly amusing, take away credibility from all involved. And for the record, not that either of you care, I appreciate many of the things both kaos and KoZed have to say.

You might have missed it The Saint, but if you read between the lines and follow the "nitpicky" arguement by post-reply combo starting with my first post of the thread, you might see something shape up that'll change your mind.

Either way, the point I wanted to make, for the purpose that mattered, was made abundantly clear about 3 times. That's all...

Anyone else get the feeling that KoZed and kaos are actually the same person...kinda like Shmeegol and Gollum...having an identity crisis, my preciousssssss??? :P

My 2 cents on standouts is the third line. I think particularly Bonk. I know it may sound strange to you learned Habs fans but Bonk is vastly improved, even if it's only 2 games in. Perezhogin looks way better as well, skating hard and working a lot more consistently. And that is exactly what this team needs, consistent performances.

We may not get all lines consistently performing for a while yet, but I feel less concerned about our 2nd line with the 1st and 3rd doing more than their share to start the season.

Can anyone else hear Kumbaya in the background??? Shortcat1...anyone...

:P:P:P

bonk is garbage.