What Does North Korea Have That George Bush Wants?

Killer Carlson

who in this thread attended your high school? Who in this thread made this argument?

I care very little about what random St. Louis high school students had to say about Arabs. Especially when I am getting their opinions secondhand and we are talking about NK, not the middle east.

It is far more interesting to argue against the person in front of you instead of against memories of ignorance past.

:clap: Argue your points rather than talking about the minority of idiots who went to your school. I say minority because it's always the idiots who say the most, so it seems like their opinions are the prevailing opinions, and that just isn't true. I find it absolutely impossible that the majority of people in your school wanted to nuke the Middle East. Immediately after 9-11, maybe. But aside from that, sane people do not want nukes to be used.

Fanpuck come to Missouri. Talk to anyone. You get the same answer. Went to a resturaunt in the Lake of the Ozarks area and an entire wall was dedicated to 9/11. Thats fine but this was sick. They had 100 pictures of people jumping out of the buildings, and the planes hitting the buildings. That was sick. I live in the land of bigotry apparently. Its why I hate missouri and the midwest.

Fanpuck come to Missouri. Talk to anyone. You get the same answer. Went to a resturaunt in the Lake of the Ozarks area and an entire wall was dedicated to 9/11. Thats fine but this was sick. They had 100 pictures of people jumping out of the buildings, and the planes hitting the buildings. That was sick. I live in the land of bigotry apparently. Its why I hate missouri and the midwest.

how about simonus who lived in Decatur, IL - about 2 hrs from the missouri border. Are there a lot of isolated, ignorant people in Missouri? Sure. Is Missouri a relatively right wing state? Sure. Is St. Louis a great place to go? Sure. Is there a strong liberal community in St. Louis? Of course there is. St Louis is the home of Washington University and the Delmar loop. There are many intelligent, progressive, intellectual, international (and any combination of the above) people there... and there are some loudmouths at your old high school.

Is the midwest all great? No. Is it all bad? Of course not. As an adopted Chicagoan I take some offense at your general characterization of the midwest. I tend to think me and my windy city friends are a pretty cool bunch of cats. Oh, and Bloomington, IN is full of lefties, internationals, and intellectualism... what about Madison, Wisc? I've met some cool folks from Davenport. Champaign is cool (despite my hoosier hatred of the Illini). If you want to branch further out, how about Ann Arbor and Columbus? Guess what - the midwest is a mixed bag. Guess what - not everybody in Canada is cool. Not everybody in Quebec is cool.

I like Chicago. The problem is everyone who lives in Southern Illinois thinks Chicago is out to get them which is completely absurd.

I know not everyone is cool everywhere you go but where ever I go I run into the wrong people.

I'm moving to the Pacific Northwest. I'm burned out of corn fields and weird weather. I want to thrive in a place I'm wanted and not walk around like I have a giant X on my shirt.

I don't get it. This guy went on record saying that he was going to nuke America.

Not that he tests Nuclear weapons, everybody says back off. It's crazy. Everybody keeps syaing that he won't use weapons because nobody is that crazy and it would be a disaster. But if he knows this, and is still making the bombs, what does that tell you.

It means he's crazy and doesn't care about people's lives as long as he shows how tough he is. He needs to be put down. The people in North Korea are suffering. If you remove the head the rest will fall.

My thinking is, if he is assasinated, the rest of the North Korean government would breath a lot easier.

Now beleive me, i'm not one of those pro-war kill anyone that goes against the west guys. But Kim Yong il is a definite threat to global safety.

Hitler was left alone for way too long before he started WWII. I really don't think we should make the same mistake.

My thinking is, if he is assasinated, the rest of the North Korean government would breath a lot easier.

China could do that in an instant.

Nobody is going to go to war with North Korea its pretty pointless when the main problem is the head of state.

If China wants to it can get rid of Kim Jong Il in a nano second. They're getting close to that because all you need to do is to read the chinese papers today (some are in english). The offical response is: We feel betrayed, angry and very dissapointed.

NK only listens to China. Once China says enough is enough then thats it.

Nobody is going to go to war with North Korea its pretty pointless when the main problem is the head of state.

If China wants to it can get rid of Kim Jong Il in a nano second. They're getting close to that because all you need to do is to read the chinese papers today (some are in english). The offical response is: We feel betrayed, angry and very dissapointed.

all i know is that im going to learn Cantonese...and you should all do the same

mouhahahha ....ohh god

according to the news over here the chinese have said their gona do nothing about it.

koreaREU121006_228x295.jpg

Blackout: While South Korea is a blaze of light, there's barely a glimmer in North Korea

North Korea might now have The Bomb, but it doesn't have much electricity

Last updated at 10:46am on 13th October 2006

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1811

As the world grapples with how to rein in the "axis of evil" state which this week conducted a nuclear test, this spectacular satellite photo unveiled yesterday by US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld shows in stark detail the haves and have-nots of the Korean peninsula.

The regime in the north is so short of electricity that the whole country is switched off at 9 p.m. - apart from the capital of Pyongyang where dictator Kim Jong-il and his cohorts live in relative luxury. But even there, lighting is drastically reduced.

The result, as shown in this picture taken one night earlier this week, is a startling contrast between the blacked-out north and the south, which is ablaze with light, particularly around major cities and the capital, Seoul, in the north-west of the country.

Mr Rumsfeld showed the picture to illustrate how backward the northern regime really is - and how oppressed its people are. Without electricity there can be none of the appliances that make life easy and that we take for granted, he said.

"Except for my wife and family, that is my favourite photo," said Mr Rumsfeld.

"It says it all. There's the south, the same people as the north, the same resources north and south, and the big difference is in the south it's a free political system and a free economic system.

"The people in the north are starving, their growth is stunted. It's a shame, a tragedy."

An aide added: "This oppressive regime is too busy trying to make war to make life comfortable for its people."

North Korea turns off the lights at night except for Kim Jong Il's place because he has crazy parties apparently.

yeah i went to one last year man....###### that kim can drink!!! forget about starving the guy as 5 chefs in the place...and for the hookers...man i dont need to go there if you know what i mean hehe! :P