Movies

habs_in_the_blood

Viva laziness !!! :lol:

It was more that i didn't remember that much "old" movies with long titles. Aside from TGTBATU, OFOTCN, BCATSK and DSOHILTSWALTB...

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid

Dr.Strangelove

Whats the other one?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid

Dr.Strangelove

Whats the other one?

props, i thought the hardest one would be Dr.Strangelove

the other one is a movie with Jack Nicholson...

If this is the case, then Borat should have swept the Oscars. :P

But like Jets said, it doesn't have to be with long names. I would recognize any of the HP titles by just seeing PoA or GoF or HBP.

Just saw Rise of the Lycans.

They're is just enough story to give each side a motivation to keep killing one another. The action scenes are quite cool. I especially liked the final battle.

In short, it's not the most epic film but it's a very good mindless entertainement.

Saw Taken last night, and I was disappointed. It wasn't bad, but I was expecting much more. There didn't seem to be much suspense. Everything just seemed too easy for him. I never doubted the outcome.

1. You're not supposed to. The point of the movie is just Liam Neeson f*cking shit up. Thats really all there is to it.

2. US version was heavily watered down from the original, a lot of the violence was removed. People who have seen both versions say the US version is a lot worse off. Can't really comment since I've only seen the UK version but now I'm not gonna bother. Just gonna import the DVD from the UK instead.

US version was heavily watered down from the original, a lot of the violence was removed. People who have seen both versions say the US version is a lot worse off. Can't really comment since I've only seen the UK version but now I'm not gonna bother. Just gonna import the DVD from the UK instead.

I had a feeling that might be the case. There were at least a couple scenes that were even in the previews that didn't make it into the version I saw. The one that stood out the most was the scene where he stabs some guy in both knees at the same time. I kept waiting for it, and it never came. At least in the US version, Jason Bourne would have had little trouble taking Liam Neeson out. And that's say a lot for me, because I wasn't a huge fan of the Bourne movies.

Watched 'Layer Cake' today featuring Daniel Craig. Not a great movie, but it hit the spot. Interesting ending to say the least, even if I saw it coming.

(It's a movie where the main character - Craig - is involved in drug trafficing... how original, eh?)

I had a feeling that might be the case. There were at least a couple scenes that were even in the previews that didn't make it into the version I saw. The one that stood out the most was the scene where he stabs some guy in both knees at the same time. I kept waiting for it, and it never came. At least in the US version, Jason Bourne would have had little trouble taking Liam Neeson out. And that's say a lot for me, because I wasn't a huge fan of the Bourne movies.

Nah man, I saw a list of all the stuff they took out, he's way more badass in the original. That part with the nails was one of them, two giant ass nails into the guys knees and then he hooks the jumper cables up to them. I guess in the US version he just sticks the cables onto the chair or something, not as cool. I laughed when I saw that was one of the scenes taken out, it's like the highlight of the tv spots.

Not sure where you stand on pirated movies but I could upload the original somewhere if you want to download it.

Watched 'Layer Cake' today featuring Daniel Craig. Not a great movie, but it hit the spot. Interesting ending to say the least, even if I saw it coming.

(It's a movie where the main character - Craig - is involved in drug trafficing... how original, eh?)

Sienna Miller's pretty hot in that movie!

Nah man, I saw a list of all the stuff they took out, he's way more badass in the original. That part with the nails was one of them, two giant ass nails into the guys knees and then he hooks the jumper cables up to them. I guess in the US version he just sticks the cables onto the chair or something, not as cool. I laughed when I saw that was one of the scenes taken out, it's like the highlight of the tv spots.

Not sure where you stand on pirated movies but I could upload the original somewhere if you want to download it.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll just wait for the DVD this summer. I'm sure they'll put out the "unrated" version then.

Yeah, how dumb do you have to be to leave the nail scene in the previews and then take it out along with a bunch of other stuff? I hate when movies change just to get a certain rating. Taking out violence of an R rated movie to make it PG-13, and throwing random, meaningless cursing into PG or PG-13 movies to get them up to PG-13 or R. It's really funny when the single reason a movie has a higher rating is for one f-bomb that is totally out of place with the rest of the movie.

Actually, I bet the reason they watered down the US version so much was for the DVD sales. They make a good deal of money on the theatrical release, but cut out a bunch of stuff so that to see the good version, they have to get the DVD.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll just wait for the DVD this summer. I'm sure they'll put out the "unrated" version then.

Yeah, how dumb do you have to be to leave the nail scene in the previews and then take it out along with a bunch of other stuff? I hate when movies change just to get a certain rating. Taking out violence of an R rated movie to make it PG-13, and throwing random, meaningless cursing into PG or PG-13 movies to get them up to PG-13 or R. It's really funny when the single reason a movie has a higher rating is for one f-bomb that is totally out of place with the rest of the movie.

Actually, I bet the reason they watered down the US version so much was for the DVD sales. They make a good deal of money on the theatrical release, but cut out a bunch of stuff so that to see the good version, they have to get the DVD.

Yeah happens to often, and not only in the US. Creativity and art take the hit for the benefit of money...

went and saw Frost/Nixon this weekend. Overall a really great movie... not going to wow you with action or plot twists, but it tells the story quite well. The acting and representation of Nixon and Frost were both incredibly well done.

Any political junkies out there, I highly recommend this one for you.

Just watched Platoon. Not sure how I managed to go this long without seeing it - and you could imagine my surprise when I noticed that we actually own it (haha).

It did yesterday what films of today need special effects to help get the point across. I can see why it won for best picture in '86

I saw Body of Lies yesterday.....

Meh

Just watched Platoon. Not sure how I managed to go this long without seeing it - and you could imagine my surprise when I noticed that we actually own it (haha).

It did yesterday what films of today need special effects to help get the point across. I can see why it won for best picture in '86

:huh:

How have you existed this long and not seen this movie?

be Ashamed Mac.... Psycing, be ashamed :rolleyes:

I saw Body of Lies yesterday.....

Meh

:huh:

How have you existed this long and not seen this movie?

be Ashamed Mac.... Psycing, be ashamed :rolleyes:

It did come out one year before I was born - so maybe I missed the memo :P

I've heard of it's greatness for awhile now, and it's been on my "to watch list" for the past year. Finally got around to it.

I've heard of it's greatness for awhile now, and it's been on my "to watch list" for the past year. Finally got around to it.

Same here. I must be even more ashamed because I rent it TWICE with a kind "rent a 2nd movie for free from monday to thursday" and ended up not watching it both times...

I don't think I've ever resorted to cursing at you before, but ____ off! I feel ancient now! lmao

My dad has a friend who'll give me illegal DVDs for a dollar so I'm getting Slumdog Millionaire, In the Valley of Elah, Michael Clooney, The Last King of Scotland, and like 6 or 7 others. They're all movies from the past couple of years but I can't remember them all. Also, I'm watching Kramer vs. Kramer this week, for school.

In the past 24 hours I've seen:

Gattaca (meh)

Run Lola Run (was surprised to find it in German, but little dialogue and subtitles were fine)

Apocalypse Now (I was half asleep watching this one, so I don't think I really got everything out of it that I could have)

The Wrestler (Pretty much what I expected. I liked the ending, but I'm sure 90% of ppl who watched it don't)

I picked up a few new DVDs as well: Mystic River, Goodfellas & Passchendale. I reallllly can't wait to see Passchendale, but honestly wish I would have seen it in theaters instead.