Game Thread | Calgary Vs. Montreal | 10/17/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terribly sloppy effort, but nice to come up with the two points. YEs the refs were brutal but at least it went both ways. It was hard to watch.

Be interesting to see how Aebischer plays tomorrow night.

Sloppy? I thought they were pretty solid tonight. :o

Did anyone notice that Markov wasnt playing to well tonight :huh:

He was average but didn't hurt us (though it came close). On the other hand Komisarek played another impressive stellar game. He knocked Iginla out of his game, was again making very solid decisions. He made 1 or 2 mistakes, one that cost a goal, but it's great to see him confident. He joined the rush again on 1 or 2 plays. He gives his 100% and will always be there to protect his teammates.

He was average but didn't hurt us (though it came close). On the other hand Komisarek played another impressive stellar game. He knocked Iginla out of his game, was again making very solid decisions. He made 1 or 2 mistakes, one that cost a goal, but it's great to see him confident. He joined the rush again on 1 or 2 plays. He gives his 100% and will always be there to protect his teammates.

I thought Komi was stellar in his own end. Just doing a great job of separating the man from the puck, and coming away wiht the puck. turning into a machine.

and ya, i thought markov was so-so.

Terribly sloppy effort, but nice to come up with the two points. YEs the refs were brutal but at least it went both ways. It was hard to watch.

Be interesting to see how Aebischer plays tomorrow night.

Sloppy, yet most exciting I've seen this year

Considering the type of player Downey is and how bad the concussion sounds, I have have a feeling we won't see him again this year.

All the best to him, but I sure am glad it wasn't Latendresse laying there.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=181087&hubname=

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

He would not even be in the NHL if it was not for his past playing with the great centers.

Hold on there...

Tangs was a junior scoring machine. Never showed because he was injured on his draft season and next season as well. Saying he won't be as good away from Sakic or Forsberg is argueable... but saying he wouldn't even be in the NHL is preposterous.

hello all

I was lucky enough to be at the bell tonight and boy, what a game it was. is it me or do I sense more passion between mtl-catgary then mtl-ott ??

we should meet at least twice a year !!

-I'll start with the most deserving guy tonight: RADEK Knob :D He kept his solid defensive and added much wanted offense. his line with jonhson and perezhogin was montreals best. even perezhogin is showing signs of a break out...will be interesting to follow.

-I think souray played a good game offensively and made me forget how bad his D is. too many penalties tonite but he did show grit and passion.

-one poster was inquiring about markov: invisible. not good, not bad.

-kudos to mike komisarek. that guy is transformed from last year. he joins the offense, he's solid on Defense and he really got under Iginla's skin. that kid is showing tons of confidence and he still as lots to show us.

-kovalev didn't impress me tonite with is rather poor play with the puck, he lost it too many times. still, he scored the game winning goal with a lazer beam and that's why he's paid so generously.

-about the downey hit: it seemed legit. A nice clean hit with the shoulder and he got the count. It was scary though, not seeing him move for several seconds. he was out of his world.

It's a good thing that we chanted his name when he got up because he sure didn't remember it. :wacko:

Edited by marky_and_komi

hello all

I was lucky enough to be at the bell tonight and boy, what a game it was. is it me or do I sense more passion between mtl-catgary then mtl-ott ??

we should meet at least twice a year !!

-I'll start with the most deserving guy tonight: RADEK Knob :D He kept his solid defensive and added much wanted offense. his line with jonhson and perezhogin was montreals best. even perezhogin is showing signs of a break out...will be interesting to follow.

-I think souray played a good game offensively and made me forget how bad his D is. too many penalties tonite but he did show grit and passion.

-one poster was inquiring about markov: invisible. not good, not bad.

-kudos to mike komisarek. that guy is transformed from last year. he joins the offense, he's solid on Defense and he really got under Iginla's skin. that kid is showing tons of confidence and he still as lots to show us.

-kovalev didn't impress me tonite with is rather poor play with the puck, he lost it too many times. still, he scored the game winning goal with a lazer beam and that's why he's paid so generously.

-about the downey hit: it seemed legit. A nice clean hit with the shoulder and he got the count. It was scary though, not seeing him move for several seconds. he was out of his world.

It's a good thing that we chanted his name when he got up because he sure didn't remember it. :wacko:

LMAO yeah i dont think he knew where he was lol...he looked stoned!

so i guess you coulndt complain abou thte scoring??

LMAO yeah i dont think he knew where he was lol...he looked stoned!

so i guess you coulndt complain abou thte scoring??

lots of scoring at first but it calmed down after kovy's goal. another great job by our pk to kill yet alot of penalties.

lots of scoring at first but it calmed down after kovy's goal. another great job by our pk to kill yet alot of penalties.

yeah are PK i freaking awsome...sometimes i feel more comfertable when we are on the PK then when we are 5 on 5 lol

yeah are PK i freaking awsome...sometimes i feel more comfertable when we are on the PK then when we are 5 on 5 lol

I think lombardi's 2nd was on PP

are you sure? but still...huet could of done something...he's always on his knee to quickly

not on the 2nd goal. on the 1st one he gave away a terrible rebound. but on the second one, it was deflected out of markov skate straight to a flame player who past it to lombardi. theres nothing huet could've done.

Yeah it was a pretty good game eh Marky & Komi

With all that scoring and no team really holding a lead for more then a few minitues it was to crazy for me. EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOSTER.

Bonk was incredible tonight and that is still not giving him his due!

Yeah it was a pretty good game eh Marky & Komi

With all that scoring and no team really holding a lead for more then a few minitues it was to crazy for me. EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOSTER.

Bonk was incredible tonight and that is still not giving him his due!

I didn't thin k he was good enough to center a legit 3rd line but he's proving i'm wrong.

I didn't thin k he was good enough to center a legit 3rd line but he's proving i'm wrong.

i still wonder how it would be if they would let bonk center with kovalev...i think we could be surprised..

i still wonder how it would be if they would let bonk center with kovalev...i think we could be surprised..

they should try jonhson and but plekanec back on 3rd with perezhogin and bonk.

they should try jonhson and but plekanec back on 3rd with perezhogin and bonk.

I would only think that was a good idea if the Pleckanec Sammy Kovy line was not working after 10 games remember the other lines were somewhat together from the start of training camp the 2nd line really only got together for the final pre season game!

I would only think that was a good idea if the Pleckanec Sammy Kovy line was not working after 10 games remember the other lines were somewhat together from the start of training camp the 2nd line really only got together for the final pre season game!

yeah and they kicked ass!!what do you guys think of perezhogin??? man he's impressing me alot!!! i tough he wouldnt make it past 5 games!

yeah and they kicked ass!!what do you guys think of perezhogin??? man he's impressing me alot!!! i tough he wouldnt make it past 5 games!

perezhogin was considered the odd man out at the beggining of the season. truth is, perezhogin has tons of talent but he's forced to play on a 3rd line. It's all good to me, perezhogin will be a better two way player the way.

perezhogin was considered the odd man out at the beggining of the season. truth is, perezhogin has tons of talent but he's forced to play on a 3rd line. It's all good to me, perezhogin will be a better two way player the way.

do you think he his more mature now to play with kovalev compared to last year? or continue playing with the likes of Bonk and Johnson? getting more defensive awarness

do you think he his more mature now to play with kovalev compared to last year? or continue playing with the likes of Bonk and Johnson? getting more defensive awarness

I think he's mature enough for 2nd line duties but as long as somsonov is there, he'll stay on the 3rd line.

I think he's mature enough for 2nd line duties but as long as somsonov is there, he'll stay on the 3rd line.

yeah...hey what happend to samsonov at the end? did carbo bench him or did he get injured?

also did you noticed how most of the teams have 2-3 games ahead of montreal?

yeah...hey what happend to samsonov at the end? did carbo bench him or did he get injured?

also did you noticed how most of the teams have 2-3 games ahead of montreal?

montreal had alot of PK's to kill. it's not samsonov's cup of tea.