Game Thread | Calgary Vs. Montreal | 10/17/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bonk has finally realized it's a contract year for him. :hlogo: :blink: :hlogo:

lmao what does he care? he already has his big contract.

After 20 minutes of play:

Shots: 13-8 Habs

Hits: 9-7 Habs

Takeaways: 7-1 Habs

Giveaways: 6-2 Habs

Blocked shots: 5-2 Habs

Missed shots: 3-2 Flames

Faceoffs: 11-5 Habs

After 40 minutes of play:

Shots: 29-18 Habs

Hits: 14-12 Habs

Takeaways: 10-6 Habs

Giveaways: 10-5 Habs

Blocked shots: 10-7 Habs

Missed shots: 14-8 Flames

Faceoffs: 23-14 Habs :blink:

After 40 minutes of play:

Shots: 29-18 Habs

Hits: 14-12 Habs

Takeaways: 10-6 Habs

Giveaways: 10-5 Habs

Blocked shots: 10-7 Habs

Missed shots: 14-8 Flames

Faceoffs: 23-14 Habs :blink:

We've been amazing at faceoffs so far this year. Koivu in particular is putting up amazing numbers.

Yeah, Esche really stuck his foot in his mouth yesterday. He said that he didn't bother to try and get inside Hitchcock's head. A reporter said, "It's too hard," and Esche said it's a lonely place or something like that. Really, really dumb.

What the heck is going on!? I just got home, flipped on RDS and saw that the score is 5-4 after 2. Sweet merciful crap! I definitely didn't expect that. Seems like I always miss the good games. But at least I taped the first 2 periods though. I'm watching the first period now.

Is Buffalo's Practice over yet?

hahaahah,, 6 min left, practice goalie still has 50 shots to take though

ana1.png

anaB.png

1.Bonk | A | Wow! Good show by Bonk. He's looking outstanding out there.

2.Huet | B- | Huet came up with a lot of good saves that period, despite giving up a pair of goals.

3.Koivu | A | Saku saku saku! Robbed THREE times! Poor Saks working so hard out there but just can't get it in. Unlucky! :(

4.Kovalev | A | Dynamite baby. The Russian Rifle didn't take the night off this time. I predicted a goal by Kovalev in the second, looks like i was right! I gather he'll pick up one last point before the night is over.

5.Johnson | B+ | He worked so hard that period, it was a pleasure to watch. He's like a more talented version of Murray. Puts in the same amount of effort, has good work ethic, gives his all, and he has talent. He's turning into one of my top 5 Habs...

6.Souray | B+ | He was fairly sharp defensively that period, and, to top it off... *pump* *click* *BAAAAAAAM* *ch-chik* goa.

7.Streit | B- | Doing well, not all that impressed, but no significant mistakes to warrant anything less than a B-. Go Streit! Show 'em you deserve a regular line-up spot.

PK Unit | N/A | Couldn't fault the early-period goal to the PK unit... that just hpapens.

Special note | Latendresse on the power play with Samsonov and Kovalev? Interesting. #84 put up a good effort. Is this a permanent thing or is Carbo trying to give the rookie some more playing time?

---

Summary: Lots of positives (A's and B's) and very few negative comments from that period. Nothing really blatantly bad to point out i guess.

Keep it up boys.

Go habs go!

What a game so far! Very intense! I hope the refs will let us play in the 3rd. Great to see Komi play againts Iginla, great offence abilities show between Souray and Phaneuf. GO HABS!!

Yeah Phaneuf amazez me, :rolleyes: , imagine if we had phaneuf :lol: , we would win the cup by a landslide