Habs Call up Kostitsyn

Psycing

Kosts is up for one reason. We are going into a very busy week in the schedule;

away Sens Nov 13th.

away Lightening Nov 15th.

away Panthers Nov 16th.

home Thrasher Nov 18th.

With Games spaced that close; day to day injuries and fatigue can be big factors. So, Kosts adds depth for this week; And its his time to prove he deserves more time this year. Last year he proved he can play at this level but needed to improve; this year, this week, this team needs him to step up and play with heart and passion and earn more time with the Big CLUB!

GO HABS GO!

tonights play will be inspired! coming off a bad loss to the Laughers we cannot afford to drop ground now in the standings; Specially this week. Look to some very interesting line combo's; I can't wait for tonights game.

my prediction is a habs win tonight 5-2; Lats scores again!

GO HABS GO!

So is everyone happy now? With Kostitsyn up?

My inner circle of Montreal fans have been getting antsy and/or worried he was going to be traded.

Very happy he's up and I figured he would beat out Lapierre. It's a legit argument that Lapierre might be more beneficial to the team right now, not Kostitsyn.

However, he is a 10th pick overall and Carbonneau said in the plainest language at the Lat's signing PC that "both" (Kostitsyn) had played their way on to the team.

If it wasn't for lack of playing positions or Kostitsyn nursing an injury in the early going, this may have happened sooner.

It's very possible that if we see the player I expect to see, Bob is going to have some more trading cards if required :P

Awesome.

Sometimes some players styles do not fit AHL. Since he is more a shooter than a playmaker he will benefit from better passing at NHL level. And if given chance to play with Saku he will learn and scores.

With both sharp shooters like Kots and Ryder this line could do some damage.

But before that let the kid earn his time on the 4th line for two games.

It's very possible that if we see the player I expect to see, Bob is going to have some more trading cards if required :P

Awesome.

Yup... there's some if's there (if Lats keeps playing as well as he's done since on the 1st line... if Kosty gives the 2nd line a shot in the arm...) but there could be too many guys when Higgins comes back.

Personnaly, I'm convinced that Higgins is now good enough to be parted from Koivu. Since Koivu's line seems to be keeping it up, I'd build a new line around Higgins. Maybe with Plex as C and Zhog as RW... You'd have loads of speed, good defensive savyy and offensive potential on that line. 3 kids who came up together in the system and played together often. I dont think chemistry would be hard to get from them.

We could roll 4 good lines then.

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder

Samsonov - Kovalev - Kostitsyn

Higgins - Plekanec - Perezhogin

Begin - Bonk - Johnson

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder

Samsonov - Kovalev - Kostitsyn

Higgins - Plekanec - Perezhogin

Begin - Bonk - Johnson

Although those lines look good I really would not want to see Johnson or Bonk for that matter get any less ice time. They have been amazing this year on the PK as well as even strength.

Higgins has been playing like an NHL all-star and you want to throw him onto the third line?? No thanks.

I'm curious to see Kostityn getting a shot, but people around here tend to put waaaay too much stock in rookies. Expect Higgins to be back in the top-6 when he returns; only if he struggles would I consider moving him off the top two lines. And don't be surprised if Kosty doesn't do much.

Although those lines look good I really would not want to see Johnson or Bonk for that matter get any less ice time. They have been amazing this year on the PK as well as even strength.

Higgins has been playing like an NHL all-star and you want to throw him onto the third line?? No thanks.

I'm curious to see Kostityn getting a shot, but people around here tend to put waaaay too much stock in rookies. Expect Higgins to be back in the top-6 when he returns; only if he struggles would I consider moving him off the top two lines. And don't be surprised if Kosty doesn't do much.

That's the problem with rolling 4 good lines: people want to number them and start counting ice-time.

Because Lapierre doesn't fix the second line issue. Lapierre deserves his shot with Begin (or Bonk/Johnson)

I've been saying it since the summer.........

WE DON'T NEED MURRAY OR DOWNEY TO TAKE AWAY ICE TIME FROM THE KIDS!

I never talked about putting Lapierre on the 2nd line, you quoted my message saying he could look good with Plekanec on the 4th line.

That's the problem with rolling 4 good lines: people want to number them and start counting ice-time.

Point taken. But I still don't think you want to take a kid who is in the process of blossoming into a bona fide all-star and throw him with Johnson and Bonk. No disrespect to those fine players, but an all-around performer like Higgins is too good not to deploy with prime-time linemates...especially given that the scenario being discussed includes a rookie with absolutely nothing to his credit playing on the (theoretically) most talented line (Kovalev's). That spot, or something analagous, should go to the kid who's in full bloom. More goals are sure to result.

if latendresse continues to score and kostitsyn doesnt do well on the 2nd, try

Lats-Koivu-Ryder

Higgins-Kovalev-Samsonov

Perez-Bonk-Johnson

Kost-Pleks-Begin

the 2nd needs a finisher, and if kosty can't do it, why not higgins

if latendresse continues to score and kostitsyn doesnt do well on the 2nd, try

Lats-Koivu-Ryder

Higgins-Kovalev-Samsonov

Perez-Bonk-Johnson

Kost-Pleks-Begin

the 2nd needs a finisher, and if kosty can't do it, why not higgins

Problem is Sammy won't play on the RW. He's no RW, never was, probably never will be.

More likely because of positions would be:

Higgins - Koivu - Latendresse

Samsonov - Kovalev - Ryder

Still lots of time till Higgins will come back - if Lats continues with the play he's currently showing, dmd, then we'll have a great problem to solve in a few weeks. ^_^

Anyways, I really like those lines right now, besides that the 2nd really could show a bit more. Perezhogin is the ideal partner for Bonk, Johnson - really the best two-way line we had in the last years!

Still lots of time till Higgins will come back - if Lats continues with the play he's currently showing, dmd, then we'll have a great problem to solve in a few weeks. ^_^

Anyways, I really like those lines right now, besides that the 2nd really could show a bit more. Perezhogin is the ideal partner for Bonk, Johnson - really the best two-way line we had in the last years!

And to think less than a year ago we had Sunny-D playing there as a permanent fixture. :wacko:

what do you mean dmd

Kostitsyn was the better of two rookies tonight. Latendresse may have gotten a few garbage goals but Andrei made the moves that a player needs to make in the new-NHL. Hopefully they let him have some more fun with Kovalev... those were exciting shifts.

Kostitsyn was the better of two rookies tonight. Latendresse may have gotten a few garbage goals but Andrei made the moves that a player needs to make in the new-NHL. Hopefully they let him have some more fun with Kovalev... those were exciting shifts.

I'm not sure Lats' goals could be described as 'garbage goals', but I won't debate that with you. What I will debate is the merit of garbage goals! They count as much as the other kind, and are absolutely vital to win games - as we saw last night. They're usually scored by players who are willing to pay the price in front of the net, which Lats seems to be. Many hall of famers made their careers on garbage goals - including our very own Steve Shutt.

I'm with you in hoping this is a promising beginning for Kostitsyn - time will tell. However, I'll take a player who can put the puck in the net somehow, anyhow, over another who makes nifty moves but can't get the end result. (Not referring to Kosty here - it's too early - but this comment could fit Kovalev lately).

Yeah but the Habs have plenty of those players who have moves. What they need is players that can get results. Hopefully Kostitsyn can get there.

I'm happy we have both Lats and Kost as rookies. I wont argue who was the best one. Training camp is over.