"New" NHL...and other catch phrases that annoy you

huzer

Can we ban this freakin' statement already? If I hear "New NHL" out of anyone anymore, I'm going to crack. It's as if the league name is now NNHL. Driving me CRAZY. "Oh, he's got what it takes in the new NHL." Give me a break. :puke:

They say new because the 'old' nhl pissed off half of there dying american fan base and these people said they'd had enough and don't go to games anymore. They say New because they are telling the fans that went away to come back by saying we are different now. The things of the past are over please come back to me love.

The New NHL is the reformed boyfriend who is trying to get back with his ex girlfriend by saying "i've changed, I've changed for the better". So far the girlfriend is having none of these tricks she thinks he's still up to no good and asks 'why should I trust you' and the boyfriend goes 'because I've changed'. The girlfriend then goes thats still not enough for me and leaves him.

the story of the nhl

The only problem with your analogy tough is than americans were never in love with the NHL to begin with :unsure:

Ahhhh.... to be the contrarian...

I like the expression because it fits well with the (may I say it...) new focus on skill, speed & suspense.

I love the 'new' focus of the game. :D:D:D

GO :hlogo: GO!

boyfriend who is trying to get back with his ex girlfriend by saying "i've changed, I've changed for the better". So far the girlfriend is having none of these tricks she thinks he's still up to no good and asks 'why should I trust you' and the boyfriend goes 'because I've changed'.

on that subject: new girlfriends are for springtime - if you have one now, keep her till the snow melts :P

Ahhhh.... to be the contrarian...

I like the expression because it fits well with the (may I say it...) new focus on skill, speed & suspense.

I love the 'new' focus of the game. :D:D:D

GO :hlogo: GO!

I just don't need to have it railroaded into my head 50 times during the course of the game. And constantly here announcers talk about Briere, and St Louis, and any other smaller guys that have made it because of the "new" NHL.

Relationship advice from Habsworld.net

on that subject: new girlfriends are for springtime - if you have one now, keep her till the snow melts :P

let me write this down...

The key is to dump her before Valentine's, in order to avoid buying her gifts. :lol:

okay, gotcha

actually here in Japan females only buy gifts for males on Valentines :o B) :D

and move to Japan. alrighty, sounds good.

The New NHL. They'll have this for a while

Tony Blair for example says New Labour when his ideas have been common place for 15 years now lol and he still says new labour lol.

New NHL won't go away for a while.

While we're at it, let's ban 'lol'. Anybody who laughs out loud this much should be in a rubber room. (maybe that's where Pierre went?)

Referring to the puck as "the biscuit" and the goalie's glove as "the basket" should outlawed by penelty of public whipping. 25 lashes minimum, + 15 lashes for repeat offenders.

Referring to the puck as "the biscuit" and the goalie's glove as "the basket" should outlawed by penelty of public whipping. 25 lashes minimum, + 15 lashes for repeat offenders.

Craig Laughlin of CSN for the Caps would be dead by now if that was the case. He's the absolute worst about that. Absolutely refuses to call the puck simply "puck".

Can somebody tell the CJAD guys to stop calling defensive zones "Panthers/Lightning/Bruins/Habs/ect. Country"?

Oh yeah, that one too. I saw a rerun of the Blackhawks@Coyotes game earlier tonight, and every time the Hawks dumped the puck into the Coyotes defensive zone, the commentator said "Hawks dump it into Coyote country".

That sounds incredibly stupid. :wacko: