Kostitsyn returned to Hamilton

huzer

Lats Koivu Kovalev- Koivu and Lats have great chemistry and Koivu might be the guy to get Kovalev jump started

Samsonov Plekanec Ryder- Little bit of everything on this line.

Perez Bonk Johnson- Keep this line intact

Dandenault Begin WTV- Who cares?

I'd like that to happen.

However, I see this more likely to happen

Lats Koivu Ryder

Sammy Pleks Kovalev

Perez Bonk Johnson

Dandenault Begin -

More likely Pleks.

Yes, but they already tried that experiment. I don't see why they'd put Plekanec back with Kovalev and Samsonov for a second run. Perhaps they'll break up the first line, like you said, but I really hope they don't touch the third line.

Actually that wouldn't be too bad of an idea, having downey or Murray with that line, a little defensive awareness and they both work hard in the corners and can go to the net. I like Pleks on the 4th line and Begin on the left side.

My bet is that this means Bouillon is back, and had to make a move.

Yes, but they already tried that experiment. I don't see why they'd put Plekanec back with Kovalev and Samsonov for a second run. Perhaps they'll break up the first line, like you said, but I really hope they don't touch the third line.

If Begin, Murray or Downey go to the second line I'll throw myself off a bridge.

Yeah, too many d-men now so I suspect Dandy is back on the wing. He played well as a forward his first game back...or if they want to keep Dandy's mobility on defense, then maybe Niinimaa (or Streit) will be given limited time on the wing.

Not that strannge, they think Bouillon can play tomorrow then we have too many players on the team.

So you don't want to loose anybody for free, we can't lose Kots if we send him down.

Until we are sure Dandenault and Bouillon are back for real. We can't trade Ninimaa. So he is the one that will see time from upstairs.

After two or three games i expect a trade involving a left defenseman that we traded in to get rid of Ribeiro.

Maybe Steven Reinprecht from Phoenix could be our fix, heard his shoulder is ok and Perrault is doing really fine replacing him.

I think that's stupid. He played well enough to stay up I think.

Damnit...

We all love to see what the kids can do, but this isn't a shocker. With Bouillon back, Kostitsyn might be the only one who could be returned without clearing waivers. Better he get more ice time with the 'Dogs and continue his development... he'll be back.

:hlogo:

He may be back, but I don't understand what this does to help anything on this team. We are short a forward and up a defenceman. Why would you send down a promising yound talent and keep an extra D-man. Granted Bouillon and Dandy are sore, so maybe you could alternate them (more recovery time), but we are still left with placing an inadequate player ont he second line (plex, begin, downey).

Um, with Higgins on IR, the Habs didn't need to send anyone down, it's not a necessary numbers move. 23 active players are allowed on the roster. With Kostitsyn sent down, the Habs have 22 active, and one on IR. That's assuming that Bouillon returns Wednesday as has been rumoured.

Could this be to make room for Bouillons salary?

Good point, very well may be the case.

He may be back, but I don't understand what this does to help anything on this team. We are short a forward and up a defenceman. Why would you send down a promising yound talent and keep an extra D-man. Granted Bouillon and Dandy are sore, so maybe you could alternate them (more recovery time), but we are still left with placing an inadequate player ont he second line (plex, begin, downey).

Hmmm, what about dressing 7 defensemen to use as defensemen and then alternate various players in the game to doubleshift with the Russian duo. Not a great long-term plan, but it could work as a stop-gap until the inevitable trade involving a defenseman takes place.

Hmmm, what about dressing 7 defensemen to use as defensemen and then alternate various players in the game to doubleshift with the Russian duo. Not a great long-term plan, but it could work as a stop-gap until the inevitable trade involving a defenseman takes place.

in fact thats what carbo did a while back benching Downey that game Kovalev double shifted... this time Dandy could play more on the fourth than just 4 minutes...and play some D as well

So gents were gonna play with 3 forward lines and 7 Dmen?!?! not an oddity and seeing how complete our thrid line is they deserve more time on the ice (as long as were not living in the penalty box) so 3 lines could very well work the fourth line being a schizzo checking and a offensive pseudo firstline

So gents were gonna play with 3 forward lines and 7 Dmen?!?! not an oddity and seeing how complete our thrid line is they deserve more time on the ice (as long as were not living in the penalty box) so 3 lines could very well work the fourth line being a schizzo checking and a offensive pseudo firstline

If it's 12 forwards, my guess:

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder

Samsonov-Plekanec-Kovalev

Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson

Murray-Begin-Downey

Markov-Komisarek

Souray-Rivet

Bouillon-Niinimaa OR Dandenault(There have been grumblings of Dandenault being reinjured...since Niinimaa has played his off side for a while, I think Carbo might feel safer with him there rather than moving Streit to his off side. This is IF both Dandy is out, and Bouillon is in. If Dandy is fine, he'll play.)

7 dmen? I would expect the 4th line to get maybe 5-7 minutes of ice max with a doubleshifted forward. I don't expect Dandenault being used as a forward much at this point since he is still nursing that injury to some extent.

Edited by huzer

I could be wrong, but wouldn't playing the wing be better for Dandenault if he's still trying to get into game shape?

Ryder scored the other night, so I guess they won't move him off the first line, leading me to believe that Plekanec will be put back up on the 2nd line because Kovy's not doing that well as a center. Kovalev's injury is likely a key reason why he isn't performing that well... since playing center requires the player to backcheck more often.

the thing is we saw what we had to see from putting plekanecs center of kovalev and samsonov...it just didnt click....but perhaps the real problem on that line is indeed Kovalev...perhaps he is injured but still...that guy coulndt careless...and the Suite for the kids? probebly is agents idea...all and all i dissagree with putting down Kostitsyn...since he was teh one keeping that second line alive...and as for the second line...id rather see Bonk in between the russians then plekanecs...add defence to that line...and lets the russians play without the worry of turnarounds or poor defending...you heard it here first!

Here's hoping pleks goes to the second line and produces. I picked him up on waivers in my fantasy league the night they traded ribs. But they really gotta try something new to get the second line going. too much talent and money (around 8 mil for kovy and sammy) for the amount of points they have so far.

Here's hoping pleks goes to the second line and produces. I picked him up on waivers in my fantasy league the night they traded ribs. But they really gotta try something new to get the second line going. too much talent and money (around 8 mil for kovy and sammy) for the amount of points they have so far.

I agree they really need to get going with a 44 mil cap and those two guys eating up over 20% of that they really need to start finding the back of the net. They have been getting chances for a few games but the goal are few and far between for those 2 players.

Plekanec failed once and I still don't think he's ready now. I'm dissapointed to see Kostitsyn moved back to Hamilton. It looked like with more time that he might be able to create some chemistry with Kovalev and Samsonov. They definitley looked more dangerous than any point in which Plekanec was on that line

Too bad for Kosty, but its a numbers game and he was the odd man out with Bouillon coming off the IR. They had to send someone down and better him than anyone else.

It obvious now that Carbo likes to cut his bench in the 3rd, regardless of the lines. Begin - Plekanec - Kovalev had 5 or 6 good shifts together in the 3rd against Atlanta. Maybe Carbo thinks Plex and Kovy can work together afterall and they'll give it a second go.

Carbo said if Bouillon decides to come back, he'll go with 7 D-men, which means one of Niinimaa or Streit will sit in the stands.

I wouldn't mind seeing Niinimaa dressed and used as a forward, who knows? :P