I think its time to part with..

Aebischer4life

Odds to trade for a player who has Kovy's size & skills combo are about nil. So why trade away an asset that you will have no chance of replacing?

Kovy's not perfect, but the bottom line is still better than anything potentially available out there.

Right, my point was Kovy and Ryder were the only ones who scored after the first game. Everyone else dried up. I don't have the stats in front of me either but i do know that after game 2 they didn't score much at all.

My only thoughts on Kovy is now that we have 7 top 6 forwards (when everyone is healthy), Carbo can give him a seat now and again to rest him. I beleive he will be a good playoff performer for the Habs provided they make it.

I beleive he led the team in points against Carolina.

he had 3 goals, 4 assists... when do u think most of those points came from?

i cant find the game by game stats...

He had 5 pts in the first two games, then 2 pts in the remaining games. The important thing to note, Kovalev didn't play with Koivu in the playoffs. Kovalev got those points playing with Bulis and Plekanec, as well as PP time. Neither Koivu or Kovalev were in on each other's goals. As far as Ryder, naturally his production would decline losing his center. He managed 1 pt after Koivu was injured.

The whole team dried up last year. After 12 goals in the first 2 games, they managed 6 in the 4 losses.

He had 5 pts in the first two games, then 2 pts in the remaining games. The important thing to note, Kovalev didn't play with Koivu in the playoffs. Kovalev got those points playing with Bulis and Ribeiro, as well as PP time. Neither Koivu or Kovalev were in on each other's goals. As far as Ryder, naturally his production would decline losing his center. He managed 1 pt after Koivu was injured.

The whole team dried up last year. After 12 goals in the first 2 games, they managed 6 in the 4 losses.

FIXED

Kovalev. He's 34, has a terrible knee and is really slow out there.

He's making so many giveaways and costing the team with his stupid penalties.

He has scored only 6 goals in 30 games this season (the empty net goal doesnt count)...thats on pace for 20 goals.

I cant see how it would hurt our team

Higgins Koivu Lats

Sammy Pleks Ryder

Perez Bonk Johnson

Streit Begin Lapierre

It would free up the 4.5 million salary as well and by dumping Abi, Niinimaa and Rivet at the end of the season we could sign the big center weve been looking for.

Thoughts?

it's almost time to part with 'get rid of' articles, especially if they're taken seriously...

for my mind, it'll be time to part with whomever bob gainey wants to part when he wants to part.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

it's almost time to part with 'get rid of' articles, especially if they're taken seriously...

for my mind, it'll be time to part with whomever bob gainey wants to part when he wants to part.

DITTO.... couldn't say it any simpler or better!

Heaven forbid. He played with BOTH guys as centers last year in the playoffs.

wasn't Plekanec centering Zednik and Perezhogin on a third line that was flying all playoffs? I don't know why they would have broken those guys up.

wasn't Plekanec centering Zednik and Perezhogin on a third line that was flying all playoffs? I don't know why they would have broken those guys up.

Gainey shook up the lines a little when they couldn't score after Koivu went down. None of them were set in stone, all game type of move, but they were juggled.

Kovalev still has the wheels. In the last so many games he's been (not flying) cruising steadily.

Kovalev is a terrific skater. You can always tell with a hockey player. If they look like they could transition to figure skating with no real adjustment to do so, they can skate perfectly in the NHL.

Kovalev can skate - VERY WELL I MIGHT ADD.

Not sure trading the best stick handler in the league (and maybe the world) seems logical.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Wow... I was wondering what would happen if we had a successful season. People tend to come up with this garbage only when we're on losing streaks... but to be winning and have people start these terrible threads... Interesting to say the least...

If it ain't broke, ride it into the playoffs!

Wow... I was wondering what would happen if we had a successful season. People tend to come up with this garbage only when we're on losing streaks... but to be winning and have people start these terrible threads... Interesting to say the least...

If it ain't broke, ride it into the playoffs!

that's pretty well accurate...

i suppose that there's always place for improvement in a collective situation like that but to be constantly bitching about something that's doing ok tastes of sour grapes...

I say next year dump Kovy and dress an 3D hologram of Crosby.

yeah.. notice how on the PP, every time Kovy touches the puck, they all spread out and give him time and room. They know what he can do, and he scares the other team's defenders.

yeah.. notice how on the PP, every time Kovy touches the puck, they all spread out and give him time and room. They know what he can do, and he scares the other team's defenders.

i suppose... i just wish he would be able to do what i'm told he can do on a more consistent basis

I watched AK skate in training camp in Pierrefonds this year before the season started. He's got wheels, when he needs them. So he's protecting the 'knee', wouldn't you??? I watched 36 minutes of 3 minute heavy, 3 minute light skating drills and he rolls by everyone whenever he wants. Robiero (no offense Mike) was made history shortly after that... Kovi stays. By season's end, if he stays healthy he will be every opponents nightmare. The habs's staff knows the score.

This is the regular season, we're sitting pretty good in the standings and Kov's magic hands already scare every opponent, listen to the play-by-play - even the comentator's are holding their breath, enough said. Let him show flashes of the magic all season, keep the knee healthy, and if he works hard - even every 3rd shift in the P-Offs, he's gonna' smoke.

Gainey and Carbo know his health, and I think they all know his chances of making huge highlight reels for the '07 Lord Stanley mug. When the team (coaching staff) let Samsonov struggle for 20 games, they know things will come together at the right time for each player. If AK's numbers are light all year and he helps us get there, he's done a great job, and if he hangs in, plays well and turns a few D-men inside out during the playoffs, it'll be worth it for :hlogo: .

He's also taking penalties, almost freely, letting everyone know not to mess with him. He'll try and take anyone's head off if they try to screw up his face or knees. Yes, Tucker knows. The message is clear, 'just let me play the hockey you all only wish you could play'. The joys of a finesse player who can make everyone - from other players to the broadcast booth crap their pants.

No-one knows what to expect from the habs on a nightly basis, like chess, Guy bounces the lines around and almost any Carbo-combo can be lethal. try line matching against that.... Bonk to Kovalev, who turns _________ (fill the blank with any All-Star defenseman) into jello with some quick stick-handling, passes to Souray, he shoots...

Yeah baby.....

J

I watched AK skate in training camp in Pierrefonds this year before the season started. He's got wheels, when he needs them. So he's protecting the 'knee', wouldn't you??? I watched 36 minutes of 3 minute heavy, 3 minute light skating drills and he rolls by everyone whenever he wants. Robiero (no offense Mike) was made history shortly after that... Kovi stays. By season's end, if he stays healthy he will be every opponents nightmare. The habs's staff knows the score.

This is the regular season, we're sitting pretty good in the standings and Kov's magic hands already scare every opponent, listen to the play-by-play - even the comentator's are holding their breath, enough said. Let him show flashes of the magic all season, keep the knee healthy, and if he works hard - even every 3rd shift in the P-Offs, he's gonna' smoke.

Gainey and Carbo know his health, and I think they all know his chances of making huge highlight reels for the '07 Lord Stanley mug. When the team (coaching staff) let Samsonov struggle for 20 games, they know things will come together at the right time for each player. If AK's numbers are light all year and he helps us get there, he's done a great job, and if he hangs in, plays well and turns a few D-men inside out during the playoffs, it'll be worth it for :hlogo: .

He's also taking penalties, almost freely, letting everyone know not to mess with him. He'll try and take anyone's head off if they try to screw up his face or knees. Yes, Tucker knows. The message is clear, 'just let me play the hockey you all only wish you could play'. The joys of a finesse player who can make everyone - from other players to the broadcast booth crap their pants.

No-one knows what to expect from the habs on a nightly basis, like chess, Guy bounces the lines around and almost any Carbo-combo can be lethal. try line matching against that.... Bonk to Kovalev, who turns _________ (fill the blank with any All-Star defenseman) into jello with some quick stick-handling, passes to Souray, he shoots...

Yeah baby.....

J

good comments...

also, welcome to the 'family' we're the habs and the rest of the hockey world are the habs-nots...