Rumblings coming from Tampa GM

Canajun

He's gettin pissed off with his team... that's good! Wouldn't it be great if we could wrangle Richards away from him somehow? Richards is struggling a little this year actually (by Richards' standards anyhow)... he could someone Feaster might move.

Who do we trade to get Richards? I think they really need a goalie over there in Tampa... and we are quite deep with goalies in our system. What about a package that includes Halak... think he'd bite?

Richards is a 7.8 million cap hit. That means we'd for sure have to offer Aebi, to get rid of 1.9 million. Then the next two likely players who would have to go would be Samsonov and Niinimaa. That would get the Habs just under the cap, without not enough room to call up Danis. Thus, they'd have to dump somebody else. It just really isn't feasible IMO.

Plus, we'd have to add quite a bit to Aebi and Samsonov.

Richards is a 7.8 million cap hit. That means we'd for sure have to offer Aebi, to get rid of 1.9 million. Then the next two likely players who would have to go would be Samsonov and Niinimaa. That would get the Habs just under the cap, without not enough room to call up Danis. Thus, they'd have to dump somebody else. It just really isn't feasible IMO.

Plus, we'd have to add quite a bit to Aebi and Samsonov.

Feaster would definitely demand atleast 1 1st round pick for Richards, you'd end up with an offer of something like:

Souray

Aebischer

Samsonov

Niinimaa

1st round pick

1st/2nd round pick

And that'd just be for Richards. It'd be easier to get Lecavalier.

lol...

When Feaster came out and said he's not happy with his team, he didn't say he wasn't happy with "the big 3". He actually praises Richards, Lecavalier, and St. Louis indicating that he would like to make changes without moving them.

He might be interested in a goaltender like Aebischer. However, I wouldn't expect the deal to center around Richards when Aebsicher isn't even a #1 goaltender in Montreal, and has proved inconsistent throughout his career.

I highly doubt there is room for Montreal and Tampa to make a deal because both teams are so close to the cap.

It may seem like a bold statement (it's really not), but neither of Richards, Lecavalier, or St. Louis will be traded to Montreal.

Might not be as crazy as ya think. Tampa has no depth - after the big 3 (and sometimes Prospal), it drops off DRASTICALLY. A good goalie, a good prospect and some secondary scorers might land Richards.

It might. But not from Montreal. Call me a pessimist, but I just really don't see how getting a guy who costs that much would be a good idea.

If anything, Chicago needs a center and might be a good destination for Richards. I'd say Calgary, but I know their financial situation, like Montreal, wouldn't allow it.

Feaster would definitely demand atleast 1 1st round pick for Richards, you'd end up with an offer of something like:

Souray

Aebischer

Samsonov

Niinimaa

1st round pick

1st/2nd round pick

This man knows facts.

and i would prefer lecavalier.

Souray

Aebischer

Samsonov

Niinimaa

1st round pick

1st/2nd round pick

Feaster would be simple minded to trade for this pakage because he would be able to get much more from other teams. Sure the Canadiens would have to send salary the other way but if Feaster was a smart GM and was forced to trade one of his big three he would start a bidding war and a couple of Markov, Komisarek, Higgins, Perezhogin, Chipchura, Latendresse, Kostitsyn would have to be included if you do not believe me your crazy. Not all GM's are Mike O'connel and Milbury.

:lool:

No way in hell Feaster is moving Richards, Lecavalier or St-Louis. I'm pretty sure he'd rather get fired than to trade either of those 3.

Those 3 are his team, that's it. They're the ones who get paid the most. They take up almost 50% of the cap space of the team.

Feaster shouldn't only be mad at the rest of the team aside those 3 guys, he should be mad at himself for making them sign such big deals.

Feaster might not have the choice of moving one of his Big 3. They're the only ones having much worth on the trade market and they take too much of his payroll.

And he'd move them so he could win games, so he'd probably want 2 or 3 quality proven NHLers. For us, that probably means Higgins, Komisarek and change. I doubt he'd bite for Abby (hardly an improvement on Denis) or our other prospects (not proven NHLers).

I dont see how it would work... even though landing a Lecavalier would solve our 2nd line issues and free up some spots for prospects...

He's gettin pissed off with his team... that's good! Wouldn't it be great if we could wrangle Richards away from him somehow? Richards is struggling a little this year actually (by Richards' standards anyhow)... he could someone Feaster might move.

Who do we trade to get Richards? I think they really need a goalie over there in Tampa... and we are quite deep with goalies in our system. What about a package that includes Halak... think he'd bite?

i wouldn't want richards unless we were able to give them kovalev & samsonov (& niinimaa) or something like that

too much money for what you're going to get.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Richards is good, he's playing about point per game, but for 8 million you could get 2-3 solid 25-30 goal scorers! He's not very cost effective and doesnt go far towards building a balanced lineup. Look at tampa, they broke the bank signing their three superstars and now have no depth beyond their first two lines, not great management there.

Edited by Dirty Harry

Richards is good, he's playing about point per game, but for 8 million you could get 2-3 solid 25-30 goal scorers! He's not very cost effective and doesnt go far towards building a balanced lineup. Look at tampa, they broke the bank signing their three superstars and now have no depth beyond their first two lines, not great management there.

you made my day there, harry. :clap::clap:

your 38 magnum shot right to the heart of a proper perspective of this issue... :clap::clap:

GO :hlogo: GO!