~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

A little off-topic here, but I've recently gone back to playing NHL08 (It got the back-burner when I was waiting for the roster update and then the back-back burner when all the new games came out). I'm going through on Superstar, and I'm getting a bit frustrated. I know I'm playing over my head, but I'm curious as to why all the other teams can skate faster than I can pass, aren't budged off the puck even when I knock them head-over-heels, and can strip me of the puck from behind every time although I never can. It frustrated me to the point where I actually went and bought a new controller, because mine got thrown 2 inches into a wall. <_<

Now, in the past, I know you've gotten upgrade points as your dynasty progressed, and you could assign them accordingly, and improve in such a fashion. I don't see that feature this year, and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips regarding this situation.

I've had the same problems with the difficulty. It really is annoying. I'd love to help on the dynasty but I never even get past the first month before I start a new one. Keep changing teams. :lol:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just one of those games that rubs me the wrong way because any joe schmoe will play it and all of a sudden consider themself a hardcore gamer. Guitar Hero is the same way, yet I bought Halo 3 and Guitar Hero 3 on the days they came out.

It's not to say I don't like it, I just prefer other shooters to it. You're going to have to detach me from Mass Effect if you want to play Halo though, which will be difficult to do. I'm pretty sure it's attached itself to my hip.

Quick, all ME players, name your favourite and least favourite race!

Favourite: Krogans. They're so ######ing hardcore.

Least: Hanar. They way they talk bugs the crap out of me. Plus jellyfish just aren't cool.

I'm a Mass Effect fan boy too!

Favorites: Asari - There is just something about the way they look. I guess I'm a pervert!

Hanar - This one loves the way they talk.

Least: Volus - I don't like the way they talk through the breathing apparatus and they seem like shady people.

The big ape type things - I don't remember what they are called but they are real docile and talk in a low monotone voice, it drives me nuts.

My stupid ethernet cable is messed up and my interenet doesn't work at all when I'm running off the router, so I might not be "online" for a little while until I figure out the problem.

Alright, so I played GoW online for the first time today - pretty good stuff.

Anyone here play Gears online? Would be fun to team up and get in game sometime. If we have enough guys, maybe we can fill out a whole 4-player team.

Alright, so I played GoW online for the first time today - pretty good stuff.

Anyone here play Gears online? Would be fun to team up and get in game sometime. If we have enough guys, maybe we can fill out a whole 4-player team.

I suck at it but I can play. I screwed my NHL 08 disc today big time leaving me time to play other stuff until I sort that out. Oh wellz, first game that I ever screwed up. Scratches look deep so I might have to replace it. :unsure:

I suck at it but I can play. I screwed my NHL 08 disc today big time leaving me time to play other stuff until I sort that out. Oh wellz, first game that I ever screwed up. Scratches look deep so I might have to replace it. :unsure:

You and me both mahn - stupid EA and their crappy discs :P

I suck at Gears too... but I'll be online tonight and probably tomorrow playing, so hit me when I'm there and we'll figure out how to host a game.

MY FINALS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY TIME ON LIVE!!!!!

Finally eh Maca? ^_^

i got live finally

So what games do you have again anyways?

MY FINALS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY TIME ON LIVE!!!!!

Finally eh Maca? ^_^

So what games do you have again anyways?

Call of Duty 3

Gears of War

some shitty basketball game

viva i'm drunk on corona and did they just say "mating dance" game

Assassins Creed

and right now I'm renting Halo3

I'll probably just buy NHL 08 for myself, don't think my sister will remember to buy it for christmas.

Picked up a second controller (PINK!!!) & Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga to play w/ my girlfriend. Should be some good fun.

Also had some fun destroying some grubs today with Mr. Stealth - gotta finish that shizzle off one time soon. :D

I'm thinking about buying one of the Medal of Honor games ... which are the best for the XBox there?

The same goes for Need for Speed, or is there a better racing game? It doesn't have to be that realistic though, it should be fun to play.

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun is my favourite.

For racing, I'd reccomend Burnout 3. They've released other Burnout games since then but Burnout 3 is still my favourite arcade racer.

how do I access my profile from the game, I used to remember but now I forgot.

Uhh...wow. It's the big Xbox logo button on the controller.

Just played MoH: Airborne and it's way too hard for me ... maybe it's because of the Xbox controlling which I've to get used to or the game itself has a pretty high skill level.

I think I'll wait for Rockband to have some fun. ^_^

Maybe anyone knows a good game which isn't too hard to play for a non experienced player like me?