Game Thread | Sabres de Buffalo vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 01/20/07

Spider-Man NL

Pitt up 8 - 2 on the Leafs.

Huge brawls breaking out, looks to be a feisty end as McCabe starts cheap shotting Malkin and Orpik jumps in.

McCabe leaves the ice.. bleeding... it's horrible, but I find that lovely... :rolleyes:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best part as soon as the fights start breaking out, Pitt starts playing Rocky HAHAHA

More Fights in the Pitt vs. Leaf game. Classic Leafs gooning it up.

Got a chuckle from Bob Cole. He said "the leafs will have another penalty if they ever touch the puck"

lol

If you get hauled down on a breakaway... it's a penalty shot... right?

this isn't the first time that has happened... and no penalty shot...

in the replay, it shows that plekanec got a shot off on biron so the refs couldn't call a penalty shot

GO :hlogo: GO!

Kovalev is playing really well lately in my opinion...anyone else agree?

Absolutely, he's started to step up his game.

Loved that tape to tape pass he made to Plex for the breakaway

What was up with Wittman and Neale calling the Ole Ole chant a taunt at the Sabres?

What was up with them saying that Markov was hit by a stick from the bench when the replay clearly showed the sabres stick hit him.

They Suck

agreed heartily!

i also LOVED the tape to tape pass by perezhogin to ryder... sooooooo.... loverly.......

What was up with Wittman and Neale calling the Ole Ole chant a taunt at the Sabres?

"Olé" being the classic taunt used by matadors (the Habs) against bulls (the Sabres), perhaps?

Absolutely, he's started to step up his game.

Loved that tape to tape pass he made to Plex for the breakaway

What was up with them saying that Markov was hit by a stick from the bench when the replay clearly showed the sabres stick hit him.

They Suck

Neale does essentially 82 Leaf games a year, no shock with the bias. That is the CBC for you.

Cole has the most exciting voice of all the announcers but I am sure he called about 3 Recchi from Stevens and Lemiuex goals tonight to go with some huge saves from Barasso!! :blink:

in the replay, it shows that plekanec got a shot off on biron so the refs couldn't call a penalty shot

Are you sure that's the rule?

Of course, he got a shot of. He was hauled down and then had to dive off his knees and outstretch his stick as far as he could in order to reach the puck.

Is it just me or does Ryder suck at interviews with reporters haha

may very well suck at interviews but he certainly didn't suck at the reviewing of the winning goal

Ole Ole is a taunting song ... Not as bad as, Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, de-e-o, goodbye ... but taunting none the less.

Kovalev does seem to be stepping it up recently.

Ole Ole is a taunting song ... Not as bad as, Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, de-e-o, goodbye ... but taunting none the less.

I dont think "taunting" is the greatest word for it, it's more celebration. "Taunting" is more fitting for the hey hey hey goodbye song which is completely aimed at the other team, while OLE OLE OLE OLE is more fans in the audience having a good time and celebrating amongst each other...my 2 cents...

I agree with Habsfan88 I don't think it is a taunt. I believe it's roots are from Football and that it is a cheer.

I may be wrong. I have heard the Bell Center sing it in a 0-0 tie, so I don't see it

as a taunt. It is not like they were singing Nah Nah Nah....goodbye

Edited by Wamsley01

I agree with Habsfan88 I don't think it is a taunt. I believe it's roots are from Football and that it is a cheer.

I may be wrong. I have heard the Bell Center sing it in a 0-0 tie, so I don't see it

as a taunt. It is not like they were singing Nah Nah Nah....goodbye

I think they meant that every time the fans start chanting buffalo wakes up and starts it's come back. In other words lets not serenade them until it's in the bag.

I think they meant that every time the fans start chanting buffalo wakes up and starts it's come back. In other words lets not serenade them until it's in the bag.

Ya I agree. I cringe when the fans start singing with a one goal lead. I prefer it if its in the bag or it's a tie game.

Ya I agree. I cringe when the fans start singing with a one goal lead. I prefer it if its in the bag or it's a tie game.

I think it was a total coincidence. The fans sing that song 4-5 times per game.

I think Wittman and Neale misunderstood it's purpose. I don't care if they sing songs,

but tthe Na Na Na song is the equivalent to talking shit, so that does make me nervous!

:)

Well I was pissed the Habs lost that 3-0 lead but it was exciting comeback.

Ryder did not play a good game except when he drew that penalty and his goal of course but that is all that counts.

Perezhogin was awesome in his 11 minutes of ice, he was a +2 and proved his value with an incredible pass.

Markov Bonk and Komisarek were each minus 2 but that’s alright they played some big minutes against a skilled team. They are allowed to have an off night once in a while.

Koivu and Higgins did not have a very good game although Koivu scored.

Kovalev was awesome tonight he controlled a lot of the game.

I was also pretty impressed with Bouillon and Dandenault.

Ya here companies have to book a year in advance in Edmonton to get a place for a Christmas party.I would feel wierd wearing a Christmas tie at this time of year. Me "hate the Habs"...not in this lifetime. I'll hate Miller if he shows up and plays well. Never ever hate the Habs! Have only missed 3 saturday night games in the last 6 years. Priorities are in their place. I think the Habs will take it 4 - 3. Kovy with 2 goals, to keep the talk alive on that line. Hopefully we keep the shots down to under 35 for Huet, and keep their players to the outside.

Woohoo..................called the score, but not the right guys to score..........Habs won..................I won a car...........Kiprusoff got a shutout win......I won a Kia magentis= One Great night :clap::P:D

Woohoo..................called the score, but not the right guys to score..........Habs won..................I won a car...........Kiprusoff got a shutout win......I won a Kia magentis= One Great night :clap::P:D

you won a car ?!?