Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Devils du New Jersey | 02/14/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is horribly depressing. I implore you Bob, do something!

I don't think Carbo being fired is the solution, but for habs's sake... DO SOMETHING!

Do you think Claude Julien misses Montreal? He wasn't such a bad coach after all. This may be the game that turns us into sellers.

No he does nit miss is the Devils were in a funk for a bit earlier in the year and in NJ he felt no heat so he was able to rebound. The Devils are an easy team to coach though they have played the same system for years and with a goalie like Brodeur who plays 60+ games a year you tend to win a lot of games. The way they always limit teams to so few shots is incredible.

Gainey handpicked Carbo, set him up as an Assistant coach to learn the ropes from him and handed him the head coaching job. He is not going anywhere!

Gainey just does not roll like that.

I agree completely don't get me wrong, but when a coach tells the media he is "out of ideas" that's just wrong and when does it after 1/2 of the slump it's worse, what's he going to say now???

I mean, i'm not one to usually pick on the coach, but a real good NHL coach would make some sort of adjustment to the system in this situation but Carbo keeps it going no major changes. The big change when we are in a slump is Niinimaa at forward....WTF...

Kosty is rotting in the minors and he prefers that.

He can't motivate!, He can't adjust systems....He can't do anything.

Gainey needs to sit him down and TELL HIM what to do.

On gainey, he needs TO MAKE A DAMN MOVE

This....is.....brilliant....news..... :puke:

We are struggling so badly that why not just throw a puck on the ice and tell the players to outscore them.

See what happens. Teaching them over and over how to leave the zone early and be defensively responsible is getting us knowhere? And WTF happened to our PK. If our PK stayed the same and everything else fell apart we would still be in 4th place.

Did he lose the room?

In answer to Wamsley01, I'd say yes, Carbo has lost the room. This team is showing all the traits of a team that has tuned the coach out.

Carbo has no one to blame but himself - he didn't reward hard work, and he rewarded incompetence and poor play. That leaves a player not knowing where he stands nor what to do. And it dissolves any desire the player has to play hard because he knows there is no carrot at the end of the stick.

I love and respect ol' Carbo for all he's done, but I don't like him as a coach. I just don't.

Every time I come here I hear the snapping and cracking of breaking bones as all those loyal and astute fans jump off this bandwagon.... :puke:

:hlogo: :hockey: :hlogo: :clap:

Edited by beliveau1

I refuse to watch them until they prove to me they can win a game. I still find myself checking the score every 5 minutes but I cannot bring myself to watching a half assed effort with a coach who has no idea how to spark his team. We have lost 17 of our last 25 games. 17 of 25!!!!! And the best we get is Ninimaa playing forward?

Come on guys. Don't jump off the bandwagon yet. Keep watching and keep supporting this team.

Your frustrated just like everyone else and you've got a right to complain, because they are playing like shit. But don't stop watching and supporting them. Its embarrasing. Don't be a fair weather fan. Watch em when there bad and watch em when they are good.

Every time I come here I hear the snapping and cracking of breaking bones as all those loyal and astute fans jump off this bandwagon.... :puke:

:hlogo: :hockey: :hlogo: :clap:

We're not jumping off...we're jumping up and down on the bandwagon furiously, trying to get the idiots steering the wagon to wake up.

We're not jumping off...we're jumping up and down on the bandwagon furiously, trying to get the idiots steering the wagon to wake up.

Sorry but too many of you are jumping - a few weeks ago most of you couldn't cough up enough praise and adulation for what management was doing! Now all you can do is criticize the same group..... suddenly the fans know so much more than management?

I hear the bones splintering everywhere, and too many armchair critics are claiming they know more than Gainey - critics who have little inside knowledge of the reality of trading and managing an NHL team.

Seems like we've gone from unbridled optimism about a Cup run to a mad dash to assassinate this team and its' leadership? :wacko:

Sorry but too many of you are jumping - a few weeks ago most of you couldn't cough up enough praise and adulation for what management was doing! Now all you can do is criticize the same group..... suddenly the fans know so much more than management?

I hear the bones splintering everywhere, and too many armchair critics are claiming they know more than Gainey - critics who have little inside knowledge of the reality of trading and managing an NHL team.

Seems like we've gone from unbridled optimism about a Cup run to a mad dash to assassinate this team and its' leadership? :wacko:

Appreciate the loyalty, but this had been going on for longer than "a few weeks". I really dont think anyone is jumping off the badwagon...it's just reality, man. If people were off the bandwagon, they wouldnt care about the team.

People are very frustrated, and continue to follow their favorite team. It has been going on for almost 2 crucial months, and it is time for the perpetual optimists to WAKE UP. There is a big problem, and we should all be concerned. Just cause 2 great hockey minds havent made any changes, doesnt mean they are right. I mean, are we all crazy?? We see the problems. We keep losing. No changes are made.

2 months.....longest, most publicized SLIDE this year....EMBARRASING

It has nothing to do with jumping off the bandwagon, but jumping off a bridge into a train wreck sinking faster than a monkey on a rock. Or something like that.

This is a fan forum, so you have to expect that people will shower this team with hyperboles and superlatives when things are going good AND when things are going bad. For the sake of fairness, I hope you're scolding people for overreacting when things are going good, too.

I've been a long time member of this forum who doesn't post very often. Why? Because it's not in my nature to spontaneously vent whatever's on my mind. I can live with all the wild comments in this forum because I understand it for what it is: people are just venting their feelings about their Habs. It's cathartic. You shouldn't read any more into it than that.