Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Devils du New Jersey | 02/14/07

Spider-Man NL

At least ticket prices will go down. I think I shall head down to the bell centre next tuesday at 7:30 and pick up some bargain tickets from desperate scalpers.

We have to be careful here. The Habs may be on Tank Alert. TANK TANK TANK.

Oh wait, that's HWL again. Whoops.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped watching!

I don't even get to listen and you people are not gonna watch because your team loses? What a bunch of crybabies. This team has been mediocre for years, and probably will be for years watch or not. I am not gonna call you fairweather fans but no respectable Canadian I know chooses not to watch their favorite hockey team because "they might lose".

Bunch of whiners.

I love the Habs...I watch in french for poops sake. I feel bored when theres no Habs game on..the all star break was killer.

I get frustrated, mad and yell at my tv..haha my neighbors must think I'm crazy :)

You know, I sort of love it. I love the underdog, I love the lowered expectations, I have full faith the habs will slip in the playoffs, everyone says but we're 2 pts out of a playoff spot..yes but we're what 4 pts out of 5th?

Also...what team has the habs played their best hockey against ... Buffalo!!! Maybe this is all a conspiracy to get Buffalo in the first round!!!

Gainey and Carbo you two are tricksey!

Haha all joking aside, love watching the habs, win, lose or draw.

I love the Habs...I watch in french for poops sake. I feel bored when theres no Habs game on..the all star break was killer.

I get frustrated, mad and yell at my tv..haha my neighbors must think I'm crazy :)

You know, I sort of love it. I love the underdog, I love the lowered expectations, I have full faith the habs will slip in the playoffs, everyone says but we're 2 pts out of a playoff spot..yes but we're what 4 pts out of 5th?

Also...what team has the habs played their best hockey against ... Buffalo!!! Maybe this is all a conspiracy to get Buffalo in the first round!!!

To each his own I guess

I too watch them in french ( I'm learning some too...whodda thunk it?) I watch them whenever I can i don't care how I do it.

I once turned off the video of my son's birth (before the end) when my wife's parents came to visit from the UK. Just to watch the habs game!

Tuning out is sacrilege !

i have watched every game this season, and will watch them all.

What I always love is some people who come on and argue about the teams play, or their favorite player, etc.. yet we then find out they don't even see the game, just the highlights. :)

In any case, I will continue to watch and call it like I see it. I am pondering who I will go for in the playoffs, since I am pretty sure the Habs won't be an option.....

Every Habs nut where I work (not fan, but nut) has also stopped watching. They've moved on to Raptors or sitcoms or what have you.

Sad stuff

Its more of a joke. These guys should feel guilty when Montreal starts winning and they jump back on the bandwagon....it makes me sick. Once your off the bandwagon, stay off the bandwagon. We don't need any fairweather fans. Love em when they are good and love em when they are bad. I don't have a problem with people complaing when they are bad, but don't desert them.....thats inexcusable. YOu can't even call a person like that a fan....they should be a called a parasite.

You know who does things like that? Leaf fans. Thats who. I live in Port Colborne. Southern Ontario. Here there is a broad mix of fans. Mostly they are either Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo, Boston or Detroit fans. But you know what I've noticed about Leaf fans? Especially this year? How many of them are now Sabre's fans.....yep, jump ship to they next team thats hot. Toronto is a playoff team next year? Opps thats right, now I'm a Leafs fan again....its disgusting..... Habs fans have more respect than that. No true Habs fan stops leaves em, no matter how they are playing.....sit your ass downa nd watch the game. As soon as the ref drops thats puck, your full of optimism that this is where they are going to turn it around.

If they lose, you call up your buddy and get on here and bitch about how bad they played. But come game time, next game, your ass better be infront of that TV watching, full of optimism that there going to turn it around. Thats why were Habs fans.......not because we abandon them when they start losing, or going into a prolonged slump. True Habs fans did not abandon the team in the dismal 1940's, true Habs fans did not abandon the team in the horrible Houle, Trembley years and true Habs fans don't abandon them now that they are in a slump.

Oh, sorry Athletique Canadien, I don't mean to direct this at you. Its directed at the guys who say they are going to stop watching....the posers, the fakers, the wannabe Habs fans

Edited by kaos

Surely the majority of the people here will continue to watch the games. Like others have posted, I too subscribe to RDS even though I speak very little french. I have no intentions of canceling my subscription and will not miss a game this season.

I will most likely complain and rant from time to time and even make absurd comments. I love my team and with anything you love it leads to high emotions.

Surely the majority of the people here will continue to watch the games. Like others have posted, I too subscribe to RDS even though I speak very little french. I have no intentions of canceling my subscription and will not miss a game this season.

I will most likely complain and rant from time to time and even make absurd comments. I love my team and with anything you love it leads to high emotions.

Ditto. :)

Look, it's very, very discouraging. For me, the worst part of all of this is that we were on the cusp of establishing a reputation as an up and coming team - which is an exciting place to be for UFAs. A successful season might have snowballed, allowing us to sign all our UFAs and/or bag a new, high-impact UFA. The youngsters would have acquired a lot of confidence, etc.. Instead, we've solidified Montreal's rep as a very negative place to play and just a downright bad hockey organization. This could have long-term implications for the rebuilding process that has been tacitly underway since Gainey took over.

It's just too demoralizing for me to watch Habs games much at the moment. That doesn't mean I'm a fair-weather fan. It means I'm not a masochist. If and when I move from despair to acceptance of the Habs' potentially indefinite mediocrity, then maybe I'll start watching every game with the same fervour I've done over the last few years. :(

Like I said, people can call me what they like. It does not make it true.

I remember as a 7 year old watching Al McAdam end the Drive for 5. I remember Moog and the Oilers bouncing us as a 14 seed in 82, I remember Sauve shutting us out for the first 2 games in 83 at the Forum as we got swept. Penney leading us to a 2-0 lead vs the Isles in 84, Stastney potting the winner in game 7 OT in 85. All the Highs and lows, I have been there.

My son's name is Patrick Roy. I live in Toronto and pay $30 a month for the NHL package and travel to Montreal once a year and to Buffalo once a year to watch them play.

So if I decide I am not going to watch a game until they win, that is my choice.

Somebody on a message board who has never met me before, never watched a game with me or had a conversation with me wants to call me a bandwagon jumper...LOL Go nuts.

Does it make me a bandwagon jumper? Who cares. Your opinion means little to me.

I remember as a 7 year old watching Al McAdam end the Drive for 5. I remember Moog and the Oilers bouncing us as a 14 seed in 82, I remember Sauve shutting us out for the first 2 games in 83 at the Forum as we got swept. Penney leading us to a 2-0 lead vs the Isles in 84, Stastney potting the winner in game 7 OT in 85. All the Highs and lows, I have been there.

My son's name is Patrick Roy. I live in Toronto and pay $30 a month for the NHL package and travel to Montreal once a year and to Buffalo once a year to watch them play.

So if I decide I am not going to watch a game until they win, that is my choice.

Somebody on a message board who has never met me before, never watched a game with me or had a conversation with me wants to call me a bandwagon jumper...LOL Go nuts.

I'd have to say it makes you a pretty loyal but frustrated fan - one that never gives up in spite of the circumstances and, who is willing to sacrifice a bit to cheer for an organization that has long been the epitome of class in sports... nothing more and certainly nothing less!

For those who would say otherwise, that's their rather misinformed prerogative?

jump ship - never

accuse the organization of not caring - never

want to win - of course

hurt when they lose - definitely

lose faith - absolutely not

:hockey: :hlogo: :hockey::clap:

Edited by beliveau1

As pissed as I am at this team, I'll keep watching. Cursing Sucku out allows me to vent the anger inside of me...probably makes me a nicer person the next day when I'm dealing with people. It's not just a hockey game on TV...it's therapy!

Edited by sbhatt

As pissed as I am at this team, I'll keep watching. Cursing Sucku out allows me to vent the anger inside of me...probably makes me a nicer person the next day when I'm dealing with people. It's not just a hockey game on TV...it's therapy!

:lol:

Hey, maybe you're on to something... we can all chip in a few bucks, and arrange GROUP therapy! After all, we're all suffering from the same malaise.

Anyway, we all deal with this in different ways, and I think some of us should get a grip before deciding who a real fan is or isn't. Nobody's saying they're through with the Habs - some just don't want to watch for awhile. I have no problem with that - it's not entertaining or fun right now. If you're loyal to a hammer, does that mean you have to keep hitting yourself in the head with it??

you named your kid patrick roy? that's pretty funny. does he have brothers? doug soetart and bunny laroque?

remember when you don't watch you will miss the turnaround!

turnaround? it would be nice to see...

although we're two points out of 10th we're still only 5 points out of 4th... this is nuts...

GO :hlogo: GO!