Game Thread | Ottawa vs. Habs | 11/19/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two goals were not Huet's fault but he doesn't look right. Call it shaky, call it whatever you want but he looks out to lunch tonight.

I don't agree. the only time he looked shakey to me was his little foray into no mans land, and he does that on his best nights. :)

I think what you are seeing is the fact that Huet is not getting the support Gerber is. When the D take away passes and keep people to the outside, a goalie can play the angle and make it look easy. (Gerber is having it easy in comparison).

Huet has to play deep tonight as the shots are coming from all over.

I really can't comment on the goals, cuz I have yet to see them, but sometimes a goalie has gotta make a "big save" you know stop one that shouldn't have been stopped, goalies do it enough to us. Huet has been great for the most part this season, but it seems like he just goes into these mini slumps frequently where he can't make the Big save.

imo, Huet has made a few of those saves already. :)

Ottawa has had at least 5 sure goal chances and got two...

Well, Ottawa is the benchmark.

Forget the Toronto game, Ottawa never showed up.

The Habs have made good progress this year but if anyone was under the illusion that we are in the same class as Ottawa, check our record against them.

We can beat them when they don't play well. We can beat them when we play awesome and get lucky. On average, they will beat us. they are a way better team right now.

The biggest star tonight is probably Chris Phillips. He's doing an incredible job shutting down Kovalev. Usually Kovy will overpower any D-man along the boards but tonight Phillips has his number.

Ottawa's got a tough D to play against. Redden, Mezjaros, Phillips, Volchenkov...

We need to keep something in mind. Ottawa has a lot of depth. Sheesh, Neil is their Begin and look at what he can do.

On top of that depth, they have Heatley, Spezza, and Alfredson. IMO, any one of those guys would be our top player (over Koivu).

All three of Ottawa's goals were by guys sitting in the crease shooting turkeys. Teh habs really need to improve their coverage in front of the net. This was the cause of most goals against versus Buffalo and Boston too. It's the centre's job to pick up the extra guy in front that the dman cant cover.