GAME THREAD: Habs v. Leafs | March 29

simonus

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Saku + No Streit + no Komi = not easy

Not looking for excuses though, we're playing like sh...

...etland ponies?

(No Saku + No Streit + No Komi) + No O'Byrne + Dandenault + Brisebois = Even not easier

...etland ponies?

(No Saku + No Streit + No Komi) + No O'Byrne + Dandenault + Brisebois = Even not easier

(No Saku + No Streit + No Komi) + No O'Byrne + No Price + No Lats + Dandenault + Brisebois = Even not easier

Edited by MMPL

Wow.. brutal reffing. .I have no idea how we get 5 and a game for that hit on williams (2 minutes max).. yet McCabe can shove a guy's head into the glass AND then elbow him on the rebound.. and he gets 2...

Sundin gets away with a blatent cross check.. no call..

Why are these leaf games always examples of how bad the reffing is in this league...

As for the habs.. another lackluster effort. No skating.. too cute, no shots... they better start using their speed to control the puck and putting some pucks on the net.

Please show up in the third boys...

Oh, and Grabs is frustrating. He is having a lot of trouble handing the puck and he is very slow to move it. He has to start getting it faster in our zone, and either shoot it or pass in their zone....

This game should be 3-1 or 4-1 but it isn't due to Halak. The 2nd goal is forgivable because he had already saved enough to allow a goal. All the Leafs have managed to do is have a 1 goal lead at home going into the 3rd. One goal leads are precarious at the best of times. There is no way that the Habs don't come charging in the third regardless of being shorthanded on the bench. Regardless of the loss of our injured players. :hlogo:

These are the HABS! How many times have we seen a team on the road really crank it up in the 3rd? This team has always sort of started slow and that's a result of playing defensively. Remember 1992-93? One goal games?

THIS CONTEST IS NOT OVER :hlogo:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I think I care more about the Flyers losing than I do about the Habs losing. It's a strange feeling this whole clinched-the-playoffs business.

That backhand deke Higgins tried doesnt work unless you can reliably roof it on the backhand. Only the best scorers (Koivu and Kovalev, but Koivu has better moves) can, remember how many times Ryder tried it last year in shootout?

And it is 3 -1...

This is going to be a long wait until the playoffs.. they simply are not playing. I was actually dissappointed that they came back last night as it was the wrong lesson to learn...

I would call a time out right now and ream them. Show some pride..

Overall lackluster play all round..............................................too much standing around etc.

You'd almost think we've already secured the #1 seed in the East and are just playing these games out................

Oh well :wacko: