GAME THREAD: Habs v. Leafs | March 29

simonus

Looks like we are getting hit with the injury bug at the worst possible time

and why am I not surprised by the turnout tonight

Koivu and Komi out for a while and tender / cube streit short term will not get us far in the playoffs :(

Edited by jrhabs

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 -1 ... embarrassing performance again.

Figured this would happen... Sat night, national TV, leafs.. Habs don't show up...

It is no wonder my friends don't think much of the habs.. they only see them play the leafs... which means they have never seen them play...

Dear Leafs,

Please pile it on. I want the Habs to sting after tonight (metaphorically, no more injuries), so we destroy you in the final game of the season, and go strong into the playoffs from that.

Yours truly,

- Aussie

4 -1 ... embarrassing performance again.

Figured this would happen... Sat night, national TV, leafs.. Habs don't show up...

It is no wonder my friends don't think much of the habs.. they only see them play the leafs... which means they have never seen them play...

I don't think any of those have anything to do with it.

A lot of injuries, O'Byrne out, already clinched, tons of penalties.

Who really cares if he lose as long as we don't lower our morale before the playoffs. I'd be satisfied with 3 points out of the remaining 6.

I don't think any of those have anything to do with it.

A lot of injuries, O'Byrne out, already clinched, tons of penalties.

I have watched this exact habs / leaf game about 16 times in the last 3 years... This is a typical Habs no show. Yes they are injured, but that doesn't prevent the players on the ice from skating and shooting.

I would care if we lost, as long as we showed up.

I have watched this exact habs / leaf game about 16 times in the last 3 years... This is a typical Habs no show. Yes they are injured, but that doesn't prevent the players on the ice from skating and shooting.

I would care if we lost, as long as we showed up.

even if that is true... who the hell cares?

Serves the Habs well. They have to be reminded that they can't show up for only 3 mins every game and win.

Agreed.

I'd be happy to finish 2nd in the conference, as it more or less guarantees we play either Philly or Boston, and then either Carolina or NJ/NYR in the second round, which wouldn't be too bad. We'd skip Washington at 8th, Ottawa at 6th, and potentially NYR at 4th/5th.

Ooh, Kosty pops a goal. DON'T COUNT US OUT! ... heh

Agreed.

I'd be happy to finish 2nd in the conference, as it more or less guarantees we play either Philly or Boston, and then either Carolina or NJ/NYR in the second round, which wouldn't be too bad. We'd skip Washington at 8th, Ottawa at 6th, and potentially NYR at 4th/5th.

Ooh, Kosty pops a goal. DON'T COUNT US OUT! ... heh

Unless Boston passes Ottawa....

The way they are playing, Ottawa could miss the dance.

I'm more worried about our injury bug now than finishing 2nd .

Very worrisome now combined with the way we are playing , i'd say a first round knockout :unsure:

I'm with you there.

I say put Koivu, Streit, Komi, Bouillion, Hamrlik and Lapierre on IR, and call up the farm.

Keep Kovy, Markov and Plex out to rest them for the playoffs, play Halak against Ottawa and Toronto (so their crease-crashing doesn't injury Dryden 3.0 aka. Price), and in practice, work on how to block shots without getting injured.

I don't care if we lose every game for the rest of the season, as long as we're healthy for the playoffs.

AND TRADE SERGIO! HE'S JINXING US WITH HIS PLAYCALLING.

Edited by TheAussiePosse

I'm more worried about our injury bug now than finishing 2nd .

Very worrisome now combined with the way we are playing , i'd say a first round knockout :unsure:

OK Bob just threw the towel and this year is a wash.

So pissed

By not doing anything the habs just got worse because other teams like usual got better.

We are definitely not moving up in the standings this year.