GAME THREAD: Habs v. Leafs | March 29

simonus

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jrhabs @ Mar 30 2008, 01:36 AM)

I'm more worried about our injury bug now than finishing 2nd .

Very worrisome now combined with the way we are playing , i'd say a first round knockout

I'm with you there.

I say put Koivu, Streit, Komi, Bouillion, Hamrlik and Lapierre on IR, and call up the farm.

Keep Kovy, Markov and Plex out to rest them for the playoffs, play Halak against Ottawa and Toronto (so their crease-crashing doesn't injury Dryden 3.0 aka. Price), and in practice, work on how to block shots without getting injured.

I don't care if we lose every game for the rest of the season, as long as we're healthy for the playoffs.

AND TRADE SERGIO! HE'S JINXING US WITH HIS PLAYCALLING.

Both of you guys should go away for now. We know nothing of the nature of these injuries yet, and you are all ready to throw a great year out the window. Get a grip.

Nope.

I was quoted back in '03 saying that there was no way in hell this nobody called "Michael Ryder" was going to ever make the team, let alone be a regular player. I even said I'd eat my hat if he did.

Point is, we all make mistakes. I've now dedicated my life to making obnoxious statements that come back to bite me in the ass, as long as they're statements that I'm happy to have my ass bitten by (ie., Ryder becomes a 30-goal scorer, Habs win the division, O'Byrne steals a handbag ... wait...)

You know, they are not skating, they are mailing it in, they are getting shelled and standing around in their own zone... co-incidence that they are suddenly getting injured.. perhaps if they didn't have to block 100 shots in the last two games, they wouldn't have 4 guys hobbled....

I am a firm believer that you keep playing the way you got to first place, if you want to stay there and have ongoing success. As soon as you start loafing and taking it for granted is when you start to struggle. And it is not always easy to just turn it back on when the playoffs starts...

Carbo should skate them into the ground tomorrow and remind them that until their season if over, they need to keep playing hard.

QUOTE(jrhabs @ Mar 30 2008, 01:36 AM)

We know nothing of the nature of these injuries yet, and you are all ready to throw a great year out the window. Get a grip.

Uh, dude? I said that I want to rest the team up in preparation for the playoffs.

As in, be healthy for a deep playoff run.

As in, no injuries so we can have a better chance of winning the Cup.

As in, as many Habs without pain as possible for April, May and June.

How much plainer can I make it?

This was a poor effort, and I hope none of these guys are hurt seriously. But I agree with the poster who said that this will help refocus the team, knowing that we can't win after playing nonchalantly for 50 minutes. The purpose of the next three games is to get into playoff mode.

Begin was pretty bad tonight, as was Kovy. Grabs didn't show anything special either.

Uh, dude? I said that I want to rest the team up in preparation for the playoffs.

Uh dude, your original post was something like:

"I say put Koivu, Streit, Komi, Bouillion, Hamrlik and Lapierre on IR, and call up the farm. "

"Keep Kovy, Markov and Plex out to rest them for the playoffs, play Halak against Ottawa and Toronto (so their crease-crashing doesn't "

I'd like to stay healthy too, but who in the f&*k do you want to play. You want to play the Bulldogs for the rest of the season? Please dont waste our time with this garbage.

I watched the game at a friends house. I have to say that I kinda expected this. The Habs always (or almost) play like pussies against the Leaves. Pathetic.

All we need is ONE little point to insure that we finish in either 1st or 2nd place. Let's get that point as soon as possible. Then we can rest the big guns for the last 2 games. until we get that ONE little point, nothing is assured!

I ######ing hate it when our boys don't show up against the ######ing leaves...especially on a saturday night!!

I watched the game at a friends house. I have to say that I kinda expected this. The Habs always (or almost) play like pussies against the Leaves. Pathetic.

All we need is ONE little point to insure that we finish in either 1st or 2nd place. Let's get that point as soon as possible. Then we can rest the big guns for the last 2 games. until we get that ONE little point, nothing is assured!

I ######ing hate it when our boys don't show up against the ######ing leaves...especially on a saturday night!!

That's o.k .....it keeps us under the radar going into the play-offs. We're good, and we know it.

Considering the injuries to key players (#2 defensemen, big body in Latendresse, and 2 of our top 5 point leaders), and our position in the playoffs in relation to the Leafs, I'm okay with the result tonight. Oh well. It could have been worse.

Considering the injuries to key players (#2 defensemen, big body in Latendresse, and 2 of our top 5 point leaders), and our position in the playoffs in relation to the Leafs, I'm okay with the result tonight. Oh well. It could have been worse.

Yep, I'd rather give points to the Leafs and hurt their draft position than most other teams. We'll beat them at home on the last game of their season.

Aussi would say: TRADE HIM!!

No dont piss off another thread maker!!

I most certainly would.

I'm also considering firing (as in, with actual fire) Team 990, if they turn out to be wrong about Koivu's injury.

That alone brought out so much negative energy, we were probably doomed from the start.

Thrown in with a vendetta against the Habs from the get go (ie., O'Byrne's misconduct), and it seems there's going to have to be a high body count for us to get back on track.

Gang, the real story here is Bob Gainey went in the locker room before the game and said "Don't beat the Leafs as I don't want to see Stamkos in Toronto" :lol::lol::lol:

Moral of the story, SO WHAT leafs are challenging for 9th place and needed the win. Montreal played the night before and well, needed the night off. I turned this game off in the first period when Leaf Referees gave the Game to LEafs in the first period. Refs will be fired as Bettman wanted Stamkos in Leaf land. ^_^

Thanks for that

Lets see why the Habs lost this game............................

1) They were tired from last night and the fact that last night went into OT

2) Injuries are creeping into the Habs lineup (Koivu, Streit, Lattendresse, Komisarek)

3) Obyrne getting kicked out of the game when the penalty should of only been a 2min. That put us a man down for the rest of the game.

4) BS first Leafs goal. Gorges gets checked from behind by Sundin. If they call that penalty there is no goal.

5) Higgins missed penalty shot. I believe if he would of scored Montreal would of had all the momentum.

6) The Leafs had 17min on the PP while the Habs had 6min.

Aussi would say: TRADE HIM!!

No dont piss off another thread maker!!

;)

Did Ryder play, i saw a half game and never noticed him...

I thought Ryder played better then most last night. He was finishing his checks and running the leafs behind their net, and he did make several setups for Higgins. Grabs unfortunately killed that line, imo. He was constantly holding the puck and fumbling around with it rather then either shooting or passing. Grabs was trying too hard and needs to calm down and play a simpler game. Hopefully he will settle down in the next few games if Koivu is out.

Gang, the real story here is Bob Gainey went in the locker room before the game and said "Don't beat the Leafs as I don't want to see Stamkos in Toronto" :lol::lol::lol:

Moral of the story, SO WHAT leafs are challenging for 9th place and needed the win. Montreal played the night before and well, needed the night off. I turned this game off in the first period when Leaf Referees gave the Game to LEafs in the first period. Refs will be fired as Bettman wanted Stamkos in Leaf land. ^_^

Totally...We should let them win next week as well for the very same reasons.

Lets see why the Habs lost this game............................

1) They were tired from last night and the fact that last night went into OT

2) Injuries are creeping into the Habs lineup (Koivu, Streit, Lattendresse, Komisarek)

3) Obyrne getting kicked out of the game when the penalty should of only been a 2min. That put us a man down for the rest of the game.

4) BS first Leafs goal. Gorges gets checked from behind by Sundin. If they call that penalty there is no goal.

5) Higgins missed penalty shot. I believe if he would of scored Montreal would of had all the momentum.

6) The Leafs had 17min on the PP while the Habs had 6min.

That's the excuses in a nutshell. The real reason:

7) The Habs didn't come to play (with the exception of Halak).

There is no good excuse for that. I'm with Habsfan on this one - I hate it when the Habs don't show up against the Leafs. Unfortunately it's a regular occurrence. No amount of excuses or rationalization makes it better.