GAME THREAD: Habs v. Leafs | March 29

simonus

Totally...We should let them win next week as well for the very same reasons.

:puke:

There are 28 other teams in the league they can beat if I was really worried about their draft position - which isn't a worry at all if you look at their drafting record.

When the Habs play them, I want them crushed. Any other position is an attempt to rationalize why our #1 team was thoroughly embarrassed by a #12 team.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:puke:

There are 28 other teams in the league they can beat if I was really worried about their draft position - which isn't a worry at all if you look at their drafting record.

When the Habs play them, I want them crushed. Any other position is an attempt to rationalize why our #1 team was thoroughly embarrassed by a #12 team.

It was a joke. I'm not bummed about last night. We were down a few of our best players and obviously playing a soft game with no hitting to avoid injury I'll assume. No biggie. This is like pre season in a way. I'd rather save energy for the 1st round then waste it against the Laffs at this point in the year. It's smart. We have nothing to prove untill then.

It was a joke. I'm not bummed about last night. We were down a few of our best players and obviously playing a soft game with no hitting to avoid injury I'll assume. No biggie. This is like pre season in a way. I'd rather save energy for the 1st round then waste it against the Laffs at this point in the year. It's smart. We have nothing to prove untill then.

I would say playing soft and uninspired is no way to get ready for the playoffs.

4 -1 ... embarrassing performance again.

Figured this would happen... Sat night, national TV, leafs.. Habs don't show up...

It is no wonder my friends don't think much of the habs.. they only see them play the leafs... which means they have never seen them play...

Agree Brobin, sure, you expect to lose a game after an emotional run, but why, FRICKIN why, against the LEAFS. Man, that frustrates me beyond belief. You look up and see this sea of Habs sweaters, WTF do you think guys? These are the fans that support you in Toronto and you embarass us like this with no emotion. Lose to NJ or Boston in their cities, but not where most of your fans are for Christ sakes. At least come up with an effort, try! Now I have to hear it from sick Leaf fans who think they must be good to beat us.

4 -1 ... embarrassing performance again.

Figured this would happen... Sat night, national TV, leafs.. Habs don't show up...

It is no wonder my friends don't think much of the habs.. they only see them play the leafs... which means they have never seen them play...

Agree Brobin, sure, you expect to lose a game after an emotional run, but why, FRICKIN why, against the LEAFS. Man, that frustrates me beyond belief. You look up and see this sea of Habs sweaters, WTF do you think guys? These are the fans that support you in Toronto and you embarass us like this with no emotion. Lose to NJ or Boston in their cities, but not where most of your fans are for Christ sakes. At least come up with an effort, try! Now I have to hear it from sick Leaf fans who think they must be good to beat us.

my advice? smile.

Hey, I'd rather be in your shoes right now than have been wasting my time with the Canucks for the past 10 years.

It happens. I agree with simon that you should smile because you know your team is going somewhere and the Laffs aren't. ;)

I live in Toronto and after that emotional win in Buffalo and no Koivu, Price, Streit, Komisarek, Boillion and O'Byrne

I did not really expect them to win and really could care less.

If the shoe was on the other foot would you really care? Habs are going to win the division and the Leafs are going

to draft another bust and look to next year for the 42nd straight time.

Leaf fans have been telling me the Leafs are better every year of my life, even when Bester and Wregget were leading

them to 52 points a year. So what difference does it make if they respect or think the Habs are any good?

I love the fact that they are on the verge of losing a top 10 pick for nothing. Somethings never change!

I live in Toronto and after that emotional win in Buffalo and no Koivu, Price, Streit, Komisarek, Boillion and O'Byrne

I did not really expect them to win and really could care less.

If the shoe was on the other foot would you really care? Habs are going to win the division and the Leafs are going

to draft another bust and look to next year for the 42nd straight time.

Leaf fans have been telling me the Leafs are better every year of my life, even when Bester and Wregget were leading

them to 52 points a year. So what difference does it make if they respect or think the Habs are any good?

I love the fact that they are on the verge of losing a top 10 pick for nothing. Somethings never change!

Why are people hung up about win or loss.. people are mad about the poor effort. if they played their hearts out and put in a good show, but lost, no one would be upset. The fact is that they stunk out the joint, as they did in Buffalo other then 3 minutes and some luck.

Even Carbo clearly called the team out for the poor effort. As it is, they are handing the pens the confernence lead.

Oh, and the Pens have had far worse injuries issues, but the rest of the team picked up the slack. That is the sign of a strong, deep team. If this is the best our guys can do with a few injuries, then the playoff drive is in trouble. I sure hope they show up against Ottawa, regardless of who is in or out of the lineup.

I thought Ryder played better then most last night. He was finishing his checks and running the leafs behind their net, and he did make several setups for Higgins. Grabs unfortunately killed that line, imo. He was constantly holding the puck and fumbling around with it rather then either shooting or passing. Grabs was trying too hard and needs to calm down and play a simpler game. Hopefully he will settle down in the next few games if Koivu is out.

Ryder only played for almost 7 minutes, what was the reason for that?? Beside Ryan he had the less TOI!

Why are people hung up about win or loss.. people are mad about the poor effort. if they played their hearts out and put in a good show, but lost, no one would be upset. The fact is that they stunk out the joint, as they did in Buffalo other then 3 minutes and some luck.

Even Carbo clearly called the team out for the poor effort. As it is, they are handing the pens the confernence lead.

Oh, and the Pens have had far worse injuries issues, but the rest of the team picked up the slack. That is the sign of a strong, deep team. If this is the best our guys can do with a few injuries, then the playoff drive is in trouble. I sure hope they show up against Ottawa, regardless of who is in or out of the lineup.

It wouldn't be the first time the Habs gave zero effort this season.

I recall a western trip where they were terrible for 4 games and got a split, then came home and went 6-1-1.

I am not going to get all uptight about a team that is probably a year ahead of it's learning curve, has a goalie

who half the board thought was not ready to be a starter, has had almost every young player in the lineup

improve considerably all year. They are competing for first in the East when everybody predicted a 5th place

finish at best and could possibly face one of two teams who they went 12-0 this year against.

People's expectations have soared way to dramatically on this board. Last year at this time the Habs were about

to lose a must win game against the Leafs to eliminate them from the playoffs and now we are upset that they

are not taking them seriously. Last year at this time I was in Buffalo watching them get throttled by the first place

Sabres and on Friday I watched them play 6 minutes of hockey and because of their increased talent level walk

out with 2 points and essentially close out the Sabres playoff hopes.

I am not going to look at the negatives, they no showed with 6 regular's out of the lineup. What a cause for panic.

What are the expectations on this team now? Could a miracle run net them a Cup? Sure, but they could also get

knocked out in the first round from lack of experience.

Edited by Wamsley01

Yes Wamsley, good points. Even just going 7 games in the first series will be very valuable for all the youth.

If Kovalev can bring it every night and lead the team they may get out of the first round. Grabovski stepping up is critical. I am in the minority on him, i just don't think he is an NHL talent.

Komi and Lats will obviously help, I am looking forward to see who will step up. I doubt goaltending will be an issue.