Markov playing injured

KoZed

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080419...5128/CPSPORTS01

Markov was invited to play for Russia in the WC but he turned down the invitation saying an old knee injury came back and he has a shoulder injury too.

Would explain alot.

Yeah...it explains why he's looked so bad out there. At least there's a good reason.

Yeah, it explains a lot but after the full 82 game schedule and now some playoff games, just about every player in the league is playing hurt in some way. It isn't much of an excuse, after a team gets eliminated half the players will come out and admit they were playing with injuries.

Contrary to NHL myth, injuries ARE an excuse to some degree. It all depends on the nature and severity of the injury. And some players just are better at playing through pain, which there is no point in blaming a player for. What I find slightly reassuring about this is the thought that Markov can't be so easily shut down unless he's injured...because otherwise his performance in this series so far raises disturbing questions about the playoff value of our key, long-term defensive pivot.

Contrary to NHL myth, injuries ARE an excuse to some degree. It all depends on the nature and severity of the injury. And some players just are better at playing through pain, which there is no point in blaming a player for. What I find slightly reassuring about this is the thought that Markov can't be so easily shut down unless he's injured...because otherwise his performance in this series so far raises disturbing questions about the playoff value of our key, long-term defensive pivot.

True, in the 93 cup run Muller was frozen with cortisone for every game with the exact same rib injury Chara has. Savard's had his back frozen since the start of the series. It's a part of every cup run no matter who you are. I doubt Koivu or The Cube are 100%, but it doesn't matter at this time of year.

I don't think Markov or the team have been that bad to raise questions about their play-off value. We are simply playing a team that is executing Juliens hard hitting defensive trap very well at the moment. Forget the fact we've beat-up on Boston all year, they figured out how to play against us. Now it's up to us to counter that. I hope they figure it out tonight injured or not, it doesn't matter.

if Markov is playing on a bum knee, he's not able to move as fast, to trun as fast and he can't put much weight on a shot. basicly his injury prevents him on playing as good as he can.

as for Gainey, he's one in a million so please don't compare. Gainey was a 3rd liner not our pp quarter back and best D-man.

I can't see how a knee injury could make his passing suck :wacko:

Marky has made many bad passes, some to absolutely no where, especially on the PP.

Hope the rest brings him back to 100%