Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

There's one big thing I've liked from that game and it was Andrei Kostitsyn. His line got us two goals because they worked the boards hard. Kostitsyn in particular did everything and looked much more involved than in previous games.

I'm starting to think that to get the best out of AKost, you have to keep him away from his brother and Kovy. When he's with either one of them Andrei is either trying to get in scoring position so Sergei can set him up; or he's always giving the puck to Kovy because it's Kovy. But when he's with other players, it's like he has much more options to express himself and he seems to be wanting the puck more. Maybe keeping that line together will help AKost develop more of a "go-to" mentality. Habs could definitely use his game-breaking potential now that Kovy is stuck on neutral.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow lewcheech mocked us again by scroring and handing us another loss... even though he ran like a girl from BGL ...just great. Now why didn't he tangle with George? Caus' he's smart and he did exactly what he should have done.

BGL failed again in not plastering him. It was too funny to look at them just inviting themselves to dinner.

BGL actually had a great game and failed nothing.

He shut down Lucic's physical play when he was out there.

You want a 2, 5, and 10 minute penalty giving Boston 2 minutes of 5-3 then 3 more minutes of powerplay in a close, meaningful game?

I was hoping to get tickets for this game, but couldn't, so I went to the peel Pub to watch the game. I met JMMR and a couple of his buddies! Wamsley was also suppoed to show up, but I think his train from Toronto was late. No worries, we'll get together next time!

The Habs played way better than what we had seen over the past 2 weeks, but they fell short. KOvy and Markov are struggling BIG time lately. Markov could have tied the game early in the 3rd but missed a WIDE OPEN net. Had he scored, maybe we would have won the game in regulation.

IN any case, I just hope that the boys wake up soon enough!

There's a slim cause for hope here. They've gone into shootout in each of their last two games, and the team as a whole showed a lot more in the game against Boston. Often you come out of slumps by suffering a few tight losses. There are some signals that the ship is slowly righting itself. But for the life of me I can't fathom what Markov thought he was doing in that game. :angry:

There's a slim cause for hope here. They've gone into shootout in each of their last two games, and the team as a whole showed a lot more in the game against Boston. Often you come out of slumps by suffering a few tight losses. There are some signals that the ship is slowly righting itself. But for the life of me I can't fathom what Markov thought he was doing in that game. :angry:

Agree with all of your observations. I also was asking myself, why the hesitation on taking shots by Koivu, Markov, Brisebois, Kovalev and the team as a whole. The numbers would indicate a lot of shots taken but the effectiveness of the shots is in question. Something is missing with this team but I cannot put my finger on it. Maybe this period will turn out to be the totality of their annual slump.

Agree with all of your observations. I also was asking myself, why the hesitation on taking shots by Koivu, Markov, Brisebois, Kovalev and the team as a whole. The numbers would indicate a lot of shots taken but the effectiveness of the shots is in question. Something is missing with this team but I cannot put my finger on it. Maybe this period will turn out to be the totality of their annual slump.

I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches told them not to force shots from the point on the PP or something that caused them to second guess. Markov has barely hit the net on any shots this year... almost all his PP point shots have either gone wide or been blocked. Maybe moving into his old spot gave him the idea to look pass all the time again. Who knows.